Claudia Gadelha vs. Carla Esparza Added to UFC 225 in Chicago

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Carla has some momentum going for her now. Plus, confidence knowing Clowdja ducked her twice before. I hope to see her pull off the win.

Doubtful, my friend. About the only thing Carla brings to the table is a gas tank. That and spamming a shot, but if it goes to the ground, Claudia is better everywhere. Unless Claudia fights like an idiot, I do not really see her losing.

that better not be the fucking main event. fucking newark gets better main events

Why wouldnt you put this fight on the Brazil card in May? Unless Gadelha isnt ready by then this is a dumb fight placement.
Lol i'm not sure Gadelha has any fans left in Brazil, she said a lot of shit when she left to US. Thankfully Andrade humbled her, so maybe now she won't be as arrogant as before.

Although Claudia has good striking she relies heavily on her td threat.

I think it will be a close fight that esparza can win. If she's higher than +350 those are great odds, prob will be between 230 and 280 tho. Not enough juice

Carla being ranked should tell you all you need to know about WMMA. This is a fucking squash match almost as much as Valentina vs Tyrone Biggums last month.

Gonna be livid if this AND Punk/Jackson are on the maincard. I'm almost certain they will be.

Pretty sure it was Carla doing the ducking

First time? Claudia suffered a broken nose.
Second time? Claudia suffered an intestinal infection because of something she ate when travelling to the United States.

Feel free to explain how either of those instances could be considered "ducking".

Meanwhile in December of 2016:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/carla-esparza-ducking-claudia-gadelha-confirmed.3413039/

Both fights were to be for the Invicta title. It also would be the first time Clowdja was to be tested.

Broken nose? She showed up with nothing but a band-aid, and no bruising. Even other fighters in attendance were calling it suspect.

Infection? Or convenient stomach ache. That's two in a row. Almost like Tony vs Quackbib. The one who wants to act the toughest ducked out twice.

Gadelha is too physical probably. Carla could win on points if Claudia gassed somehow but if it's not a 5 round fight I can't see that happening. Carla has seemed to improve recently whereas Gadelha leveled off so you never know but that's how I'd see it going down.

Miesha vs eye, holm vs schlvenko, and now this bs. Prelim please...

It's not even the WMMA to me (which I'm a meh fan about). It's that not a single time have they brought a marquee, big event to Chicago. Look at the shit that Boston gets.

Like a cookie they all crumble...

Drelips2.JPG

Claudia by whatever way she wants

Back