CIA Found Putin's Direct Order to Help Trump

Let's say this claim is 100% true. Still don't see any evidence that Trump has done anything illegal. Unless Trump asked or helped Putin in some way to perform the cyberattack, he hasn't done anything illegal or worth impeachment.
This would go away a lot quicker if Trump would just help with the investigation instead of trying to discredit it.

Former President Obama did nothing except order the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats thought to be involved in intelligence gathering, closed two Russian compounds, and laid down economic sanctions. He also approved covert counter attacks to plant cyber weapons against Russian infrastructure.

Other than that he did nothing. Yes, he kept it quiet because he was worried that exposing it would be seen by Republicans as a political attack on their candidate, since it was clear that Russia was trying to aid the Republican candidate.

And Trump didn't refuse to admit it initially. He refused to admit it for nearly a fucking year. I love your double standard for expectations.

They didn't use speech. They used cyber attacks to gain unauthorized access to American companies and private information. That's not using speech like they do with their state sponsored propaganda arm news channel, RT. This was a hostile cyber attack clear as fucking day.

Rubico was a 4Chan moron who hacked Palin's Yahoo account emails. He wasn't state sponsored and he had no associations with intelligence agencies from a foreign nation. It's no different than a private citizen attacking someone vs another nation attacking someone. One is an illegal action from a citizen and the other is a hostile attack from a sovereign nation.
generally i reserve using hostile to describe actual acts of violence.

are every cyber attacks hostile? what is the reasonable way to retalliate against a cyber attack?

Former President Obama did nothing except order the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats thought to be involved in intelligence gathering, closed two Russian compounds, and laid down economic sanctions. He also approved covert counter attacks to plant cyber weapons against Russian infrastructure.

Yeah, after they lost. The fact of the matter is, Obama didn't care about the "attack on American democracy" until after his team lost.

If Hillary had won, we wouldn't have heard a goddamn word about any of this. No sanctions handed down, no nothing.

Yes, he kept it quiet because he was worried that exposing it would be seen by Republicans as a political attack on their candidate, since it was clear that Russia was trying to aid the Republican candidate.

LOL.

Yeah, that logic kind of falls apart when you realize that Obama strongly endorsed and campaigned for Clinton, while openly bashing Trump for the entire campaign.

But Obama didn't want to appear like he was attacking the Republican candidate....ROFL

generally i reserve using hostile to describe actual acts of violence.

are every cyber attacks hostile? what is the reasonable way to retalliate against a cyber attack?

Well you generally don't understand the definition of hostile then. Let me educate you.

hos·tile
ˈhästl,ˈhäˌstīl/
adjective
  1. unfriendly; antagonistic.
    "a hostile audience"
    synonyms: unfriendly, unkind, bitter, unsympathetic, malicious, vicious, rancorous, venomous, poisonous, virulent; More
    • of or belonging to a military enemy.
      "hostile aircraft"
    • opposed.
      "people are very hostile to the idea"
      synonyms: opposed to, averse to, antagonistic to, ill-disposed to, disapproving of, unsympathetic to, antipathetic to; More

How criminal hacking doesn't fall into that is beyond me. I would say anytime a nation attacks another nation, it's hostile. It doesn't matter if it's the United States doing it or another nation doing it. Hostility doesn't require a physical act of violence, although you could argue that they are physically using hacking skills to gain entry into servers they aren't authorized to be in. If I hacked into your emails and released them to harm your reputation would you not consider that hostile on my part?

What is the reasonable way to respond to cyber attacks? That's a question above my head. I know denying it happened, then firing an FBI director in charge of the investigation to protect yourself, then laughing about it with the people responsible for the attacks in the Oval Office later on isn't exactly what I call a good response. President Obama decided that kicking out 35 Russian officials, closing two Russian sites, economic sanctions, and counter cyber-attacks were the answer. I think that's a better response than denial. I'm not suggesting we should start nuclear war over it.

I'm just wondering where this fervent denial is coming from by the right all of the sudden. Before President Trump was under scrutiny for Russian collusion, Republicans would have no problems trashing Russia and acknowledging their attacks against America. As soon as it was bad for their main guy, it's like the Cold War didn't just happen.

Yeah, after they lost. The fact of the matter is, Obama didn't care about the "attack on American democracy" until after his team lost.

If Hillary had won, we wouldn't have heard a goddamn word about any of this. No sanctions handed down, no nothing.

That's pure speculation first off. I thought you didn't like speculation? The facts show that President Obama's team was worried that talking about Russia during the election would be seen as a political attack against Republicans. The matter of fact is that even after they lost, President Obama still acted.

LOL.

Yeah, that logic kind of falls apart when you realize that Obama strongly endorsed and campaigned for Clinton, while openly bashing Trump for the entire campaign.

But Obama didn't want to appear like he was attacking the Republican candidate....ROFL

President Obama endorsed a candidate he liked, just like everyone else. LOL at his "blistering attack" against Trump..

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/obama-attack-trump-ohio-229799

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/aug/02/obama-donald-trump-video

So blistering! You're right. Former President Obama really went after Trump viciously huh?

That secret Muslim, foreign born former President.... Wait ... Where did I learn that from?

President Obama endorsed a candidate he liked, just like everyone else.

Heavily campaigned for her, and openly mocked Trump at every turn.

The whole "He didn't want to appear partisan", is the weakest excuse I've ever heard. He embraced his partisanship. He was as obnoxiously arrogant as every other Lib.

Also, you're missing the point(not surprising). I don't give a shit if Obama was attacking Trump. The point is, the fact that he was so openly mocking Trump and obviously against him, makes his excuse for not wanting to appear partisan over acting on the Russian hack, pathetic.

He didn't do anything, because Hillary was a shoe in, and he deemed the "hostile attack on American democracy" insignificant. It's so painfully obvious that Obama didn't think it was a big deal at the time.

Last edited:
Heavily campaigned for her, and openly mocked Trump at every turn.

The whole "He didn't want to appear partisan", is the weakest excuse I've ever heard. He embraced his partisanship. He was as obnoxiously arrogant as every other Lib.

He didn't do anything, because Hillary was a shoe in, and he deemed the "hostile attack on American democracy" insignificant. It's so painfully obvious that Obama didn't think it was a big deal at the time.

Mocked Trump at every turn.... Did you even watch the videos I posted of his attacks against Trump? Seems more like reasonable concerns being spoken on rather than any sort of vicious personal attack. I'd love for you to find some examples of his attacks on Trump that are uncalled for. Actually, please. I want you to educate me on his horrible attacks because I can't find them. Maybe you can change my mind. It's hilarious that you're chastising Obama for attacking Trump considering the things Trump has claimed about Obama. Secret Muslim. Lied about birth certificate. Etc...

What's painfully obvious is that you'll ignore anything Trump does in a blind attempt to bash liberals.

Mocked Trump at every turn.... Did you even watch the videos I posted of his attacks against Trump? Seems more like reasonable concerns being spoken on rather than any sort of vicious personal attack. I'd love for you to find some examples of his attacks on Trump that are uncalled for. Actually, please. I want you to educate me on his horrible attacks because I can't find them. Maybe you can change my mind. It's hilarious that you're chastising Obama for attacking Trump considering the things Trump has claimed about Obama. Secret Muslim. Lied about birth certificate. Etc...

What's painfully obvious is that you'll ignore anything Trump does in a blind attempt to bash liberals.

Still missing the point, I see. Shocking.

Shocking, you can't substantiate a single one of your absurd statements.

So Obama wasn't openly campaigning against Trump, and his claim of not wanting to appear partisan isn't a pathetic excuse for his failure to act against Russia before the election?

Cool story bro.

So Obama wasn't openly campaigning against Trump, and his claim of not wanting to appear partisan isn't a pathetic excuse for his failure to act against Russia before the election?

Cool story bro.

There's a difference in making valid assertions as to the reason why you think someone is a bad candidate for office and alleging that criminal acts from a foreign nation occurred to help out a particular candidate that's opposing your party. But you wouldn't get the difference.

Can't substantiate anything you've claimed this entire discussion, including a potential future that never occurred? Cool story, bro.

Back