Chuck v Tito Golden Boy MMA, only 40K PPV buys, lol

Nothing, but bigger % =/= better payment

Of course they didn't give them that chance. Because UFC doesn't give fights to retired pensioneers.

Bellator does - like Bellator 149.
But let's be honest: compare Bellator 149 with Golden Boy, consider the fact that Bellator 149 was FREE, and tell me what is better. Honestly.

Ya they give em to up and coming stars like CM Punk.

Ya they give em to up and coming stars like CM Punk.

CM Punk was an active fighter, relatively young and healthy, fully trained in a great camp, passed all the medicals.
He didn't have to be a bad fighter, that wasn't by default.
There was no reason for him to be considered much worse than 2-0 Mickey Gall, who also didn't seem to be exactly on usual UFC level (turned out he actually was...)

I would rather watch Punk fight 100 more times than watch Chuck fight one more time.

Plus UFC caught shit for booking Punk twice
Oscar is catching shit for this

What a silly hill to die on

but if you guys are having fun shooting holes in everything he responds with ... HAVE AT IT
:)

Plus UFC caught shit for booking Punk twice
Oscar is catching shit for this

What a silly hill to die on

but if you guys are having fun shooting holes in everything he responds with ... HAVE AT IT
:)

Plus:
1st "CM Punk PPV" had a HW title fight between two best HWs on the planet
2nd "CM Punk PPV" had a MW title fight between two best MWs on the planet

Yeah, all about Punk...

Does not matter. Those are nonprofit associations, the UFC is a for profit business. As a for profit business the UFC is perfectly inline with the rest of the world at 12-15% of revenue.

Guess that's where we differ. I thought this was a sport and the "athletes" deserve more.

Guess that's where we differ. I thought this was a sport and the "athletes" deserve more.
Its not. MMA is a sport, UFC is a for profit private entertainment company that operates in a sports realm, but make no mistake entertainment and profit are the number 1 goals.

Its not. MMA is a sport, UFC is a for profit private entertainment company that operates in a sports realm, but make no mistake entertainment and profit are the number 1 goals.

so you think fighter pay in the UFC is fine?

so you think fighter pay in the UFC is fine?
I think it could be higher for the mid tier guys but its inline with every other profit based business in the world. The newbies make wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more than regionals and the upperers make bank. Mid-tier could use some love.

"Athletes" deserve more.
And they got more in UFC than in Golden Boy.

Two pensioneers coming out of retirement for 1 time deal got more than they got in the UFC, that's all

"Athletes" deserve more.

Two pensioneers coming out of retirement for 1 time deal got more than they got in the UFC, that's all

To be factual ...
Oscar said they would get the biggest payday of their career & they missed that by about $2.2m

“The message I want to send here is Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, this trilogy with this fight taking place, they’re gonna make the most money they’ve ever made in their entire careers,” De La Hoya said. “

"Athletes" deserve more.

you keep making it simply about 1 fight, it's bigger than that, but, to each their own. You and Frankie can enjoy the circle jerk.

I think what people are bashing is that the whole Oscar thing came across as more or less a guy utilizing two over the hill fighters to grab a quick buck for himself.

Nothing about this event came across as we are here to stay and we are going to be a MMA player in the sport. Just look at who was on the card after the main event. Nothing about that says they even tried to build anything long term. It was all the main event and everything else didn't matter one bit.

Saddest part about this all is no other promoter wanted a piece of this main event. It was shopped around. That is what makes this whole thing just a quick money grab and that is it. I don't want to use the word con but its along those lines.

Yeah plain and simple this fight shouldn't have happened.

Oscar came in claiming all sorts of shit and literally lived up to non of it.Delahoya changed nothing in the sport of mma with that offering.

You wanna change the game? Why not do mma in a ring that way you can put some boxing fights with mma fights?

Why not put together a real good card ?

This was no Affliction 2.0 this was......um....more like WWFs Tuf enuff lmfao.

Back