Chuck v Tito Golden Boy MMA, only 40K PPV buys, lol

You guys expected or the fighters? Because I haven't heard them say anything...just you guys here.

Oscar said he would pay fighters more. How you missed that is pretty crazy
he only said it every time he was interviewed

“I’m really looking forward to getting into the MMA world and making sure that these fighters are being compensated well,” De La Hoya told Fight Hub TV. “Because look, we risk our lives up in the ring. So fighters should be compensated extremely well.”

De La Hoya went on to express his disgust towards the current pay scale of MMA fighters.

“The current structure is terrible,” De La Hoya said. “I’ve been talking to many, many fighters in the MMA, and it’s ridiculous on what they get paid. It’s crazy. It gets me sick to my stomach.”
You are trying really hard but not doing well

MMA doesn't need Oscar
Root for the companies losing millions to get bigger & healthier before spreading out things even thinner

Again, you seem to be fixated that this is a UFC thing
UFC would not be impacted by Oscar, he would hurt Bellator, One, Rizin, PFL

There is not enough money or talent to support them, but you want to make things spread out even thinner.

Bellator could have paid Chuck/Tito decent & put the fight on TV & had a better undercard & those fighters would have more exposure

You guys expected or the fighters? Because I haven't heard them say anything...just you guys here.

They also know who de la Hoya is , you know...and they know what he is capable of.
And he promised to bring a change.
And he's boxing promoter....

And Chuck & Tito were given the bulk of the revenue iirc (maybe was somethin like 60%). Maybe it didnt do big #s but at least they gave them a shot. UFC pays its fighters 12% lol

Chuck and Tito were treated pretty much the same as they would've been treated in Bellator...minus PPV revenue, but hey! DAZN might be a game changer for veterans too.

Others...the young prospect Winn? Peanuts + zero promotion + who were his sponsors?
...Tibau got 5 times less basic salary than in UFC, and he actually got big Reebok money - as a record fights' veteran.
His only sponsor was Hayabusa...how much will they pay for these shorts? 50-60K? I don't believe it....

Could he have offered him 1 fight contract for 100K to show?
Even 200K?
Hell, he definitely could afford it after peanuts he paid to other roster.

Then Sage vs WW Tibau instead of Escudero - win-win fight for both.

But we saw he wasn't
Heck Lawlor made less than in UFC & he was co-main

Plus Sage taking a one-off might have hurt his other offers

But we saw he wasn't
Heck Lawlor made less than in UFC & he was co-main

Plus Sage taking a one-off might have hurt his other offers

That's exactly what I meant, Hoya cut costs on other fighters like Lawlor and Tibau...so he could offer Sage something.
Hell, even PPV points - he could've been the one to actually bring audience

That's exactly what I meant, Hoya cut costs on other fighters like Lawlor and Tibau...so he could offer Sage something.
Hell, even PPV points - he could've been the one to actually bring audience

Hey man
Oscar could have done a lot of things but didn't
Like know who the co-main fighters were lol

Hey man
Oscar could have done a lot of things but didn't
Like know who the co-main fighters were lol

Hehe yeah.
I mean Winn is perfect for boxing-like promotions!
He could've done to him what Floyd does to this Gervonta guy...or the treatment that all the Olympian amateurs get.

Instead, no one knows who he is and no one will....

MMA doesn't need Oscar
Root for the companies losing millions to get bigger & healthier before spreading out things even thinner

There is not enough money or talent to support them, but you want to make things spread out even thinner.

Bellator could have paid Chuck/Tito decent & put the fight on TV & had a better undercard & those fighters would have more exposure

You guys seem to live in a fantasy world or somethng, Bellator could have, pFL could have, but they did not! They didn’t give Tibau money, they didn’t give any of the fighters on the card any money. Oscar did.

Maybe it didn’t succeed as everyone had hoped, but, these are grown men who signed a contract and got what they signed up for. They obviously aren’t too bitter about it, I don’t see any interviews of guys saying they were conned etcetc, just you guys on here.

And I don’t root for any particular company Frankie. I root for good fights, sure, Tito vs Chuck wasn’t a “good fight” on paper, but I watched it. I’m a fan of fighters and good fights, not fight organizations. I’ll leave the cheerleading for you guys.

Winn said he went up to Oscar & Oscar had no idea who he was
That was his co-main lol

MMA doesn't need Oscar

Did the fighters as a whole, receive more of the revenue with Goldenboy MMA than they do with the UFC? If the answer is yes, then your point is moot so stop using that as some sort of sticking point in the convos.

You guys seem to live in a fantasy world or somethng, Bellator could have, pFL could have, but they did not! They didn’t give Tibau money, they didn’t give any of the fighters on the card any money. Oscar did.

Maybe it didn’t succeed as everyone had hoped, but, these are grown men who signed a contract and got what they signed up for. They obviously aren’t too bitter about it, I don’t see any interviews of guys saying they were conned etcetc, just you guys on here.

And I don’t root for any particular company Frankie. I root for good fights, sure, Tito vs Chuck wasn’t a “good fight” on paper, but I watched it. I’m a fan of fighters and good fights, not fight organizations. I’ll leave the cheerleading for you guys.

Whole lot of nonsense in that post

Did the fighters as a whole, receive more of the revenue with Goldenboy MMA than they do with the UFC? If the answer is yes, then your point is moot so stop using that as some sort of sticking point in the convos.

Yep
Missed the point completely

Hehe yeah.
I mean Winn is perfect for boxing-like promotions!
He could've done to him what Floyd does to this Gervonta guy...or the treatment that all the Olympian amateurs get.

Instead, no one knows who he is and no one will....

Hopefully Winn gets a nice deal from someone now
Surprised UFC didn't grab him bc of Cormier

I mean UFC's bottom contract is 2.5x what he fought for Oscar for.

that was a nice Win for Winn (lol)

You really think he was the highest bidder?
He, unable to offer more than 1 fight?
Every long term contract would've been more worthy for these guts and you know it.
He bought them NOT with salary, that's obvious.

You don't see ANY interviews with these guts whatsoever...cos the whole event gained ZERO interest.

So, you did not get good fights.
You didn't know most of the fighters.
Even according to your own standards, you got NOTHING.
So why do you defend them? They screwed you

You do understand if fighters make 60% of revenue vs 12%, that is paying them more correct? Oscar delivers.

Not "fighters".
Chuck and Tito. Who had no business to step into the cage in the first place.

Fighters got nothing

That is the funniest part lol

Its all you now man.

or perhaps, you did?

You do understand if fighters make 60% of revenue vs 12%, that is paying them more correct? Oscar delivers.
Cool so if I create a local MMA org and sell 250 seats shows at 30 a pop. I then will give the 8 fighters 75% of my 7500 revenue for a total of 703.13 each. I then am now paying more than the UFC because 75% is higher than 12% using your math............

You really think he was the highest bidder?
He, unable to offer more than 1 fight?
Every long term contract would've been more worthy for these guts and you know it.
He bought them NOT with salary, that's obvious.

You don't see ANY interviews with these guts whatsoever...cos the whole event gained ZERO interest.

I didn't think the fights were that bad
I probably know more of the fighters than the average Sherdogger

I got what I signed up for, Tito vs Chuck.

and the event did garner interest, maybe not enough for people to buy the event at an astronomical rate (since I don't think most casuals nowadays even know Chuck or Tito and most old school hardcore fans didn't want to see this), but, even Frankie has posted that it did get attention (I think something along the lines of a shitty Bellator event)

and I'm not sure how I got screwed. Neither did you, you guys are over here bitching and moaning about a new start up org and bashing it relentlessly, but then do the same thing for every other org. There is no pleasing you guys regardless. This was a 1st attempt to try to get into MMA, if Oscar never does anything again, cool, if he does, great.

And you do realize Chuck and Tito are part of "fighters" right? They're part of the fighters on the card and the fighters on the card got more of the revenue here than they do in the UFC.

I'm defending them because they offered another path for fighters, all I care about is watching those guys fight. I don't care who promotes them (you guys obviously do as you have an Anti-Oscar mentality)

Cool so if I create a local MMA org and sell 250 seats shows at 30 a pop. I then will give the 8 fighters 75% of my 7500 revenue for a total of 703.13 each. I then am now paying more than the UFC because 75% is higher than 12% using your math............

lol

yes, you are paying your fighters a larger % of the revenue.

You should try to be a better promoter though and sell more than 250 seats. That's on you (and its on Oscar to do more than 40k PPV buys, not disputing that)

Back