Media Chuck Liddell Visited Son's Wrestling Team

They had to maintain a level of discipline you've never dreamed of. For decades. With a body that was perpetually overtrained, pushed to its limits, abusing hormone-altering chemicals and even broken. You maintaining and them maintaining are two entirely different things, both physically and psychologically.
Came to say this... I know A LOT of ex fighters of very high calibre... Funnily enough most boxers, grapplers aged relatively well... Sure some got chubby and stuff but no one you would call fat or obese..
The wrestlers (mainly) just blew out of proportion - they still keep broad shoulders and strength but the stomach is out of control... Sad but true...

On the other side I really enjoyed when one of them had an altercation in Bali with some younglings who decided to prey on a 'fat old fart'...

Should've told him to have that look in his eyes for the picture

They had to maintain a level of discipline you've never dreamed of. For decades. With a body that was perpetually overtrained, pushed to its limits, abusing hormone-altering chemicals and even broken. You maintaining and them maintaining are two entirely different things, both physically and psychologically.
Yeah, that’s bullshit, Mirko is around the same age as Chuck and he still looks like a beast. I can name countless other former athletes, who still look great. Chuck looks like he just went into Don’t give a fuck mode and ate and drank himself into looking like shit.

CiiRsJNWEAESQEt.jpg:large

Yeah, that’s bullshit, Mirko is around the same age as Chuck and he still looks like a beast. I can name countless other former athletes, who still look great. Chuck looks like he just went into Don’t give a fuck mode and ate and drank himself into looking like shit.

You've got a real problem understanding that there are different types of people, I'm noticing this in all your posts. I've explained to you why these athletes "let themselves go" since you are unable to understand and now you're unhappy about it. Maybe it's time to work on yourself.

That's awesome. My son just started wrestling this year as a freshman. Getting his ass kicking for sure.

So I was at the airport today...

In all seriousness, Chuck visited my son's wrestling team today (Lake Travis, Austin, TX). Chuck is friends with one the dads. He gave a pep talk & took pics.

My son said Chuck was really cool & they even joked about Tito & his tito-isms. Apparently, Chuck is helping out with the JV tonight. Cool of him to visit & help out. My son was stoked.

View attachment 1024157
Looks like a brand new Dollamur mat.

You've got a strong booster club!

Came to say this... I know A LOT of ex fighters of very high calibre... Funnily enough most boxers, grapplers aged relatively well... Sure some got chubby and stuff but no one you would call fat or obese..
The wrestlers (mainly) just blew out of proportion - they still keep broad shoulders and strength but the stomach is out of control... Sad but true...

On the other side I really enjoyed when one of them had an altercation in Bali with some younglings who decided to prey on a 'fat old fart'...
I know boxers and fighters cut weight but wrestling weight cuts are/used to be (maybe not anymore) absolutely fucking brutal. I really wonder if a lot of those guys don’t do serious damage to their kidneys and fuck up their water retention treating their bodies like that for an extended period of time. Kind of like how Anthony Johnson did.

In all seriousness, Chuck visited my son's wrestling team today (Lake Travis, Austin, TX). Chuck is friends with one the dads. He gave a pep talk & took pics.

My son said Chuck was really cool & they even joked about Tito & his tito-isms. Apparently, Chuck is helping out with the JV tonight. Cool of him to visit & help out. My son was stoked.

View attachment 1024157
A fanny pack and what looks like my little sisters jeans.. oh how the mighty have fallen.

Hmmmmmm -
54 with a mohawk, fanny pack and skinny jeans........ aging gracefully??

we call that DC bulking

He looks like shit, just another fat fuck with a fanny pack. I know he's no spring chicken but he's only a couple of years older than me and beside him I look like a calvin klein underwear model.

Never understood how pro athletes can let themselves go so bad just years after retiring.

They extreme personalities as oppose to fitness minded individuals who live the lifestyle. When fighters train, they train super hard because its in them to do so. When they retire, so does their discipline and fitness regimen.

Hence for GSP, fitness and martial arts is a life long endeavor. Most guys from the boxing gym I know let themselves go so badly. Most of them like to fight and win. If they cannot do that, fitness is not a priority anymore. I have seen some out of shape old martial artist with crazy good moves. May not like conditioning drills but they still love the skill development. Its mentality and motivation.

View attachment 1024157
1705558173467.png

Is this your mom?

I can see that with wrestlers. All the weight cutting. The Big Rigg phenomenon

You've got a real problem understanding that there are different types of people, I'm noticing this in all your posts. I've explained to you why these athletes "let themselves go" since you are unable to understand and now you're unhappy about it. Maybe it's time to work on yourself.
Nice to know you follow all my posts, always nice to have fans. I have to admit I never noticed you at all, despite the fact that you're on pace to crush my 18 year post count in just 4 years.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm pretty happy and I am always working on myself, which is why I don't look like Chucks fat ass.

I'm guessing you do, which is why this seems to be a sensitive topic for you. Maybe post less on sherdog and take your own advice.

View attachment 1024157
Your son seems solid. You must be proud of him.

Back