Chris Weidman: "I'm telling Anderson Silva my game plan"

It's a reasonable gameplan.

Here's what I hope Anderson does:

- Keep your hands up
- Stay on the outside using superior footwork and punch Weidman when he comes in.
- Position yourself out off harms way first, sidestep or just move backward when Weidman charges in.
- Punish Weidman with punches every time he closes in all the while getting out of harms way
- Do not let your emotions get the better of you
- Respect Weidman

If Silva does that, in the championship rounds, he'll be more and more on the offensive against a Weidman with much less energy.

This fight isn't going to the championship rounds.

Weidman has to be first. Don't be first just to be first. Make it count. Don't fear his hands, but, respect them. Mix it up and do not let Anderson get settled.

lol @ Sherdog posters

When Weidman does this, he's "confident" "brave" "no fear".

When Jon Jones does it "cocky" "arrogant" "fake".

HAH.

I think Anderson gets KO'ed again. His chin is done and Chris just needs to tap it. Then Silva goes on a losing streak like Chuck.

Wow i love this guy. NY Champ FTW. Weidman by TKO again. Mad respect for saying the right thing as usual.

I think Weidman should just forget that he KOed Anderson on the feet in their first fight. I think he should come into this fight with a similar game plan as Chael did in his first fight with Anderson. If the fight stays standing, I'm pretty confident Silva will finish him. I think Weidman dominates on the ground though.

I think Anderson gets KO'ed again. His chin is done and Chris just needs to tap it. Then Silva goes on a losing streak like Chuck.
Wow. 1 KO and suddenly Anderson's chin is done? I would be very surprised if that's the case given the relatively small amount of punishment he has taken in his career compared to other fighters who chins fail them over and over.

Would've been better if he used "you" instead of "him" and concluded it with, "and I will finish you, again."

lol @ Sherdog posters

HAH.

Are the same people saying those things?

lol @ Sherdog posters

HAH.

LOL @ anyone who thinks a cross comparison is that black and white (pun intended).

Many other variables are factored into someones personality, their demeanor and their attitude. The fact you can't (or refuse) to understand this says a lot about your ability to discuss these things with honesty. What's most frightening is that it's always under qualified people (I mean intellectually) going out of their way to discuss these things.

Jon Jones isn't just cocky, confident, etc. He's widely considered arrogant and pompous for a number of reasons and if you don't get that I won't even bother wasting anymore of my time.

I think Anderson is gonna KO Weedmon. I was so happy that he got KO in the first fight for being stupid but I think he's gonna come back trying to embarrass Weedmon this time. And not by clowning him. By finishing him in brutal fashion.

Are the same people saying those things?

Most likely not which is why he was vague and didn't mention anyone in particular, he's creating a false narrative so that he can get mad about it.

Did he also tell Anderson of plans for his elaborate Terror-Serra Olive Garden post-fight excursion?

Nice one Chris.

Heres what Silva is gonna do.

If your gonna try to take him down he is gonna try to stuff it.
If your not gonna try to take him down he is gonna punch you in the face.
He won't walk forward cos that will make it easier for you to take him down.
He is gonna walk back, like always, and counterstrike until you fall down.

Like always eh?

Lol @ this being news to anyone. Wow, you mean a strong collegiate wrestler with good striking is going to try and mix up strikes with TDs?! Wow, what incredible intel for Anderson to have!!!!1111

Weidman by T/KO or sub before the 3rd round.

What else could he possibly do? Sit back and play cutsie striking with Andy?? That might be the only way he loses lol

Anderson by submission would be the funniest thing ever. I have Weidman having the advantage in this fight but Silva may pull off something off the wall to win.

Of course he is confident, he manhandled Silva and took his belt.

Back