Chelsea Manning in Swimsuit for Vogue

People have to at least give credit that it's an improvement over this

Chelsea_Manning_with_wig.jpg

It's literally a square, skinny male body. He ugly AF, doesn't pass at all.

Guess that's what freedom looks like? To me, it looks like Vogue trying to ram an agenda down everyone's throat. Manning should have the freedom to cross dress or be transgender whatever. More power to him/her. That's freedom. But lets be honest, we see right though Vogue's bullshit.

Current topic aside, how can a print magazine "ram and agenda down everyone's throat." It is a magazine that is incredibly easy to not see or read. I don't think it is required reading in any educational institution. Honestly, Christians (not saying your are one) say that prayer in schools (before football games for instance) is no big deal because someone can choose not to participate but a magazine that is 100% avoidable by literally not buying it is a bridge too far.

Current topic aside, how can a print magazine "ram and agenda down everyone's throat." It is a magazine that is incredibly easy to not see or read. I don't think it is required reading in any educational institution. Honestly, Christians (not saying your are one) say that prayer in schools (before football games for instance) is no big deal because someone can choose not to participate but a magazine that is 100% avoidable by literally not buying it is a bridge too far.
Except the only reason I found out about this earlier in the day is because two media outlets that I do frequent, reported on it and posted the pics. Not to mention you'd see this magazine cover while waiting in line at the checkout at the grocery store or wherever. You're right, you don't have to read Vogue and I certainly don't, but it doesn't mean that they aren't trying to push an agenda.

should still be in prison, instead getting flaunted on magazines as a symbol of pride?

wait, what?

remember, Juwanna Mann and Ladybugs were farcical comedies only 15-20 years ago. Is this real life?

Except the only reason I found out about this earlier in the day is because two media outlets that I do frequent, reported on it and posted the pics. Not to mention you'd see this magazine cover while waiting in line at the checkout at the grocery store or wherever. You're right, you don't have to read Vogue and I certainly don't, but it doesn't mean that they aren't trying to push an agenda.
Who gives a shit? The first amendment is for expression, which in large part includes sending certain messages. If you disagree with those messages, fine. But promoting an "agenda" isn't the inherently nefarious action being implied here, and to suggest otherwise undermines some fundamental principles of speech.

Who gives a shit? The first amendment is for expression, which in large part includes sending certain messages. If you disagree with those messages, fine. But promoting an "agenda" isn't the inherently nefarious action being implied here, and to suggest otherwise undermines some fundamental principles of speech.
Nobody said they weren't within their rights to publish it... but lets call a spade a spade here.

Nobody said they weren't within their rights to publish it... but lets call a spade a spade here.
What's the spade? That they have a message? Why does that matter? If the fact that they have a message is all you wanted to say, that's a truism.

Everyone who says anything has a message. Why is it worth pointing out that one group does?

Back