Chavez looking drained, skipping every leg day

So apparently the Chavez gameplan is to use the jab only to get inside and pressure canelo , tire him with constant inside pressure

Use his wieght , stay out of the midrange,

Sounds pretty sound but I don't know why Nacho thinks Canelo"s body work will not eat away all that cardio Chavez says he has .

Is this a sound gameplan or is Nacho sending Jr to his grave ?

Also rumors that Canelo and Oscar are not seeing eye to eye aka arguing

So apparently the Chavez gameplan is to use the jab only to get inside and pressure canelo , tire him with constant inside pressure

Sounds pretty sound but I don't know why Nacho thinks Canelo"s body work will not eat away all that cardio Chavez says he has .

It was going to be a funeral anyway so I wouldn't lay the blame on Nacho if this plan doesn't pan out. It's like handing a champion poker player a shitty hand and hoping he can bluff his way through it.

It's a good sign if Canelo is starting to question Oscar's matchmaking. They really should have different priorities. Oscar is looking to make money for his company by protecting his cash cow. Canelo hopefully is more interested in his legacy and accomplishing as much as he can before retiring.

lol wait for Oscar to say he's going to come out of retirement to fight Canelo and produce a 30-minute feature about himself for HBO with money out of his own pocket.

god i hope canelo gets rid of oscar, somehow.

i can't stand that attention whoring cokehead.

It's the best he can do with Chavez probably. The key to beating Canelo though I think is staying at long range, forcing him to lead and moving around him when he commits. Easier said than done though. That was mostly Lara's gameplan and even he couldn't avoid the body work.

I don't want to see him with Top Rank either as long as Bob is at the helm. Here's hoping Schaefer or someone of the like gets him signed at some point. @RR assuming Canelo ends up leaving GB at some point in the future, do you think you guys have a good shot at getting him?

That is exactly what I said he should do in this thread, or another related one. It is the obvious start for him,

That is exactly what I said he should do in this thread, or another related one. It is the obvious start for him,
Good call then , Nacho said that's what they plan on doing with a few tricks that hopefully work and that he noticed Canelo doesn't like pressure ( sounds like a certain boxer who would beat him lol )

Also said Canelo is very disciplined to the sport and his craft and is very skilled ,

His job is very hard and Jr must follow the gameplan but said Jr sometimes deviates due to pride

Good call then , Nacho said that's what they plan on doing with a few tricks that hopefully work and that he noticed Canelo doesn't like pressure ( sounds like a certain boxer who would beat him lol )

Also said Canelo is very disciplined to the sport and his craft and is very skilled ,

His job is very hard and Jr must follow the gameplan but said Jr sometimes deviates due to pride

True. Yea, I was saying Canelo is very muscular, and if Chavez applies the right pressure, Canelos build will back fire on him, simialr to AJ vs Wlad. Too bulky to have someone your own size, let alone bigger, putting pressure on you.

I agree, it's the best plan for a guy that's taller, longer and can bang from range. Problem is, Jr. doesn't really move that well and I don't remember him having much of a jab, or at least I haven't seen him use it a whole lot. Hard to change stripes in one camp. I could see Jr coming out with that gameplan early then eventually getting impatient and wanting to be a "dude" and step to Canelo. Which might be his demise. That body work from Canelo is nasty! I can see Chavez dropping from a body shot.

True. Yea, I was saying Canelo is very muscular, and if Chavez applies the right pressure, Canelos build will back fire on him, simialr to AJ vs Wlad. Too bulky to have someone your own size, let alone bigger, putting pressure on you.
Problem with applying pressure from long range is, a guy like Canelo can slip that shit and be right in his chest blasting his liver or throwing an uppercut by the time Junior re-sets his jab. Canelo is getting really good at slip/pull counters off of jabs.

Are ALL of the promoters assholes in one way or another? They're selling themselves and their product. Being a nice "stand-up" guy is probably low on the priority list.

Are ALL of the promoters assholes in one way or another? They're selling themselves and their product. Being a nice "stand-up" guy is probably low on the priority list.
I don't have time for a long post but I don't think Oscar is much of a promoter. I don't know the details surrounding Shaeffer, and if what he did was unethical, but it seems he pretty much built the company while Oscar was out getting wasted. Now he's in charge but has one guy that's making money for him and is making shit matches trying to protect him and fleece the public. Canelo's falling numbers don't indicate Oscar has been doing a good job as a promoter. This fight will be huge but Chavez Sr, who isn't even fighting, is probably bringing in most of the fans based on his legacy and his son riding his coattails.

Promoters saw UFC do well with in house, closed door promoting and decided to try it. Now its all pride and hurt feelings that keep them from getting back together.

Well, I guess the mess with boxing at HBO over the past few years hasn't helped.

I actually think GBP is the most willing of any promotion to pay their fighter the maximum they can, I may be wrong. Aside from GBP it is Top Rank and....?

Floyd's promotion is not quite big enough to promote superstars like Canelo imo. Don King, Gary Shaw? Canelo is 100x better off with GBP. Has Al Haymon promoted a huge event without Floyd?

Last edited:
I would love a write up on the positives and negatives of Canelo being so musculary aggressive.
@MC Paul Barman is the writer we need!

Promoters saw UFC do well with in house, closed door promoting and decided to try it. Now its all pride and hurt feelings that keep them from getting back together.

Well, I guess the mess with boxing at HBO over the past few years hasn't helped.
The difference is the UFC had most of the talent and pitted the best fighters against each other without regard to who would win.

They seem to be taking a page out of the boxing handbook recently though with all these interim title fights and giving some champs easy defenses.

Back