Champion with no top 5 wins..

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
No disrespect to Khabib, he's a great fighter and it's not as if he dimmed the light and set up a trip wire....

But is this the first time that a champion has no wins against the current top 5??

Either way, LW is by far the most exciting division at the moment, so many names in the top 10, and were just at the beginning, feels like LHW before Jon Jones took the belt, that it was being passed around like a basketball at Saturdays practice. Khabib does seem to have the most potential to have a long title reign out of the bunch, but there's so much work to do, cant wait to see how this plays out.

The belt is symbolic right now, at least it gives this division some order. Khabib will have the opportunity to legitimise his reign for sure.

Rankings dont mean shit.

I judge by talent.

Rankings dont mean shit.

I judge by talent.

But judging talent happens in a comparative manner, you can see a guy look amazing against cans, and then like shit against a top guy, look at Brock vs Mir 2, then look at Brock vs Cain or Overeem.

Look at Ronda vs Miesha Tate, Sarah Silverman, ect. and then look at what happened vs Holms.

Without facing a variety of top competition it is not possible to properly gauge a fighters talent, this is why long title reigns are so important when we discuss GOAT's, we just don't have enough information to make a proper analysis.

That actually is kinda funny.

I think for most fighters this might stick out more, but Khabib is 26-0. That is a hard number to fuck with.

Top 5 wins are overrated, anyway. Just ask any GSP hater. They’ll set you straight on that shit.

But judging talent happens in a comparative manner, you can see a guy look amazing against cans, and then like shit against a top guy, look at Brock vs Mir 2, then look at Brock vs Cain or Overeem.

Look at Ronda vs Miesha Tate, Sarah Silverman, ect. and then look at what happened vs Holms.

Without facing a variety of top competition it is not possible to properly gauge a fighters talent, this is why long title reigns are so important when we discuss GOAT's, we just don't have enough information to make a proper analysis.
Is Mir a can? I don't agree with that. And Meisha Tate choked out Holms so that argument doesn't work.

Not really his fault. It's not like he's the one ducking people.

The belt is symbolic right now, at least it gives this division some order. Khabib will have the opportunity to legitimise his reign for sure.

I get your point, but.

That implies it’s not legit. If anyone believes it isn’t. There is only one person to blame for that. The ex belt holder that refused to defend the title.

Klaeeb gets pummeled by Lee,Conor,Ferguson, Max, Ortega

But is this the first time that a champion has no wins against the current top 5??

It's happened plenty of times, the UFC didn't have any rankings for a long time.

I think for most fighters this might stick out more, but Khabib is 26-0. That is a hard number to fuck with.

Yeah, especially because the judges didn't want to fuck with the streak he had going just after the Tibau fight. Blessed streak.

Not to mention, never even lost a SINGLE ROUND in the UFC.

Is Mir a can? I don't agree with that. And Meisha Tate choked out Holms so that argument doesn't work.

didn't mean to reference those 2 sentences together, it was more like an up and comer can look amazing until he faces top competition, I guess Philip Nover would be a good example of this.

Or Brock's scenario, where his matches up well vs Mir, and looks unstoppable.

That's going to be his Fedor/Arona fight forever, lol.

Yeah, but at least Fedor had the different ruleset to fall back on, but good comparison. Luck of the Russians.

Weren't MJ, Barboza and RDA in the TOP 5 when the fights happened?

MJ and RDA weren't really. Rankings start at 0 and not 1.

Also It was first champion to not have a win over anyone in the current top 5

Or Brock's scenario, where his matches up well vs Mir, and looks unstoppable.

You are whats referred to as a Sherdog ass hat idiot. MIr beat Lesnar in their first fight by heel hook. The fact that Lesnar dominated Mir in the second fight showed his growth. The Overeem fight was a JOKE because he just kicked a Lesnar who had recent surgery in his surgery area. Overeem hasnt done SHIT in UFC besides a few wins and giving you fan boys some balls to lick.

No disrespect to Khabib, he's a great fighter and it's not as if he dimmed the light and set up a trip wire....

Either way, LW is by far the most exciting division at the moment, so many names in the top 10, and were just at the beginning, feels like LHW before Jon Jones took the belt, that it was being passed around like a basketball at Saturdays practice. Khabib does seem to have the most potential to have a long title reign out of the bunch, but there's so much work to do, cant wait to see how this plays out.

Klaeeb gets pummeled by Lee,Conor,Ferguson, Max, Ortega

Khabib will DESTROY anyone that doesnt DUCK him.....even Fat boy Lee. Max wont survive Ortega.

Back