Chael to Uriah "You're a contender for the title..."

You're right. If an Olympic Medalist can out grapple him in training at less than full strength when she's showing him the moves, he's gonna have a tough time.

An olympic medalist, in Judo, which is 99% gi, that weighs 135 lbs, and has less testosterone than Richard Simmons, then yes. He's gonna have a bad time vs elite 185ers.

Several males that were olympic judo medalist have tried MMA, and they got their shit handled.

If anyone has watched UFC on FUEl Chael working for the UFC(like he was here) says like every other prelims fighter is a contender when previewing fight cards.

I think Chael said that because Uriah was starting to go into "I'm sorry" mode.

So because he's beating guys from TUF means he can beat top guys in the UFC heh. People said the same about Lombard when he crushed everyone in Bellator.

well, Lombard did beat Tim and Yushin.
Tim only won the judges.
Yushin look as good as dead in the 3rd round.
if go 5 rounds, Lombard would crush Yushin.
Yushin can't do anything to Lombard in the 3rd round at all.
he got takedowns in round 1 & 2 so he just won two rounds out of 3.
he didn't beat Lombard, Lombard actually win the battle.

point fighters like Yushin, Edgar, and Guida are boring.

An olympic medalist, in Judo, which is 99% gi, that weighs 135 lbs, and has less testosterone than Richard Simmons, then yes. He's gonna have a bad time vs elite 185ers.

Several males that were olympic judo medalist have tried MMA, and they got their shit handled.

You are aware she was teaching them moves, right? Do you know how training works? You go along with the moves so you can learn them from start to finish.

You are aware she was teaching them moves, right? Do you know how training works? You go along with the moves so you can learn them from start to finish.

Man you dumb. They were not showing moves, Uriah challenged her and they rolled. Obviously he wasn't going full force and I was mostly joking.

well, Lombard did beat Tim and Yushin.
Tim only won the judges.
Yushin look as good as dead in the 3rd round.
if go 5 rounds, Lombard would crush Yushin.
Yushin can't do anything to Lombard in the 3rd round at all.
he got takedowns in round 1 & 2 so he just won two rounds out of 3.
he didn't beat Lombard, Lombard actually win the battle.

point fighters like Yushin, Edgar, and Guida are boring.

Vgjuk.jpg

So because he's beating guys from TUF means he can beat top guys in the UFC heh. People said the same about Lombard when he crushed everyone in Bellator.

While I agree about Lombard (and pretty much any sf fighter who came in on an undeserved hype train), I think chael meant what he said. He hasn't been a troll on this show except to jones, and even then it's been extremely light hearted. Uriah looks damn good, so instead of complaining about who he is beating, ill just say that he is the most impressive TUF fighter in a long long long long time (Brando is a close second).

Who has this guy beat of importance,

Nobody... yet. But he's young and on his way up, so maybe he'll be the next big thing.

Also, keep in mind that guys who do TUF get a little extra interest in them. You get to know them on the show, you see them training, you get to hear what they had to go through to get there, and you see their personality.
So they end up getting talked about, and before you know it, a lot of fans want to see fighters like Nam Phan and Bruce Leroy, even though they're not elite UFC fighters. They enter the UFC much better known than a veteran fighter, such as Brian Ebersole and others.

uriah vs filthy tom in 4 months, theyll both be due a fight. lets see how he does against a good experienced wrestler.

I think chael was more or less saying that because of his natural talents and drive to succeed, he has the potential to fight for the title someday. He wasn't saying that he will fight Silva tomorrow.

A couple matchups for Hall that make me curious:

vs Vitor. Who takes it?

vs Okami. Who takes it?

vs Cung Le or Wand. Who takes it?

He's a really good prospect. But I don't even think he can strike with everyone at MW let alone grapple. He's got a bright future though.

Back