Chael Sonnen on the Jim Rome Show - TRT and 'LeBron James Is a Dork'

I'm from England , and NBA is never mentioned here, nor do I care for it, so am serious :D

Ah, well Lebron has passed Kobe as the best player in the league for a while now and he is one of the most popular basketball player ever since his rookie year. And Shaq retired so he's irrelevant, lol.

I find it quite funny howthe uneducated people in the crowd kinda titter to themselves when he says he would smack Ray Lewis.

Educated people know that Chael would run through Lewis in a fight.

Smack Ray Lewis?

Would love to see him try.

I find it quite funny howthe uneducated people in the crowd kinda titter to themselves when he says he would smack Ray Lewis.

Educated people know that Chael would run through Lewis in a fight.

arent you aware hat being athletic makes you the best fighter ever thats all it takes to succeed in mma is athleticism

Who's the guy next to Chael that thinks what Chael said about world titles in so insane?

He says 'you think if we go to Chile and beat their team that it means something?'

Errr yeah it does.....some Americans truly believe America is the only important country on the planet, it's astounding.

MMA fighter wants to fight larger boxer
"lol he'll double leg him and kill him"

MMA fighter says he'd smack aging football star
"I'd like to see him try"

Ray Ray doesn't have his entourage with him and his attack is only +5 with the white suit on.

If its never mentioned over how do you know who Kobe and Shaq are

Same reason everyone round the world knows who Michael Jordan is.....they transcend basketball, they're celebrities.

MMA fighter wants to fight larger boxer
"lol he'll double leg him and kill him"

MMA fighter says he'd smack aging football star
"I'd like to see him try"

Ray Ray doesn't have his entourage with him and his attack is only +5 with the white suit on.
Go home Daspy, you're drunk.

Who's the guy next to Chael that thinks what Chael said about world titles in so insane?

He says 'you think if we go to Chile and beat their team that it means something?'

Errr yeah it does.....some Americans truly believe America is the only important country on the planet, it's astounding.

His point was that the US undoubtedly has the deepest talent pool in basketball and has the premier league in the entire world, the best players in any other nation earn the privilege to play there.

Besides, when the US is not getting lazy with the Olympics and sending rookies and half-bored stars over there they pretty much decimate the competition. I think the term "world title" is unnecessary too but let's not pretend like the best team in the NBA on any given year isn't the best regular season team anywhere.

I'm from England , and NBA is never mentioned here, nor do I care for it, so am serious :D

LeBron is such a big deal they used to put his high school games on television.

Chael would handle Ray Lewis and Lebron.

Being a great athlete isnt the same as being a fighter of professional caliber, much less Sonnen wrestling caliber.

"I had a separated T:E ratio which is not illigal."

So a 17:1 T:E ratio is not illegal and the 6:1 limit is just there for fun?

Smack Ray Lewis?

Would love to see him try.

Chael is a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER. If you think that the only outcome of that scenario would be anything other than a 4 second whooping of Ray Lewis - then maybe you need to get back to your professional wrestling forums.

Oh please, he's being honest. American basketball talent is far beyond Chilean basketball talent, and it'd be less of a challenge for the Miami Heat (or whatever NBA team) to go down and beat the Chilean national team than to beat the LA Lakers. That's his point, and it's true. It's not jingoism, it's realism.

Take the best soccer/football team in Italy. Would it mean anything if they beat an American team? No, because American soccer is lightyears behind Italian soccer. An Italian team beating another great Italian team would be much more impressive than beating an American team.

Oh please, he's being honest. American basketball talent is far beyond Chilean basketball talent, and it'd be less of a challenge for the Miami Heat (or whatever NBA team) to go down and beat the Chilean national team than to beat the LA Lakers. That's his point, and it's true. It's not jingoism, it's realism.

Take the best soccer/football team in Italy. Would it mean anything if they beat an American team? No, because American soccer is lightyears behind Italian soccer. An Italian team beating another great Italian team would be much more impressive than beating an American team.

You can say a National title has more prestige or is harder to win, but that doesn't make it a world title.

Back