Chael Sonnen on the Jim Rome Show - TRT and 'LeBron James Is a Dork'

I swear some posters here thinks MMA fighters are unbeatable by people who are not fighters.....its laughable that people think an amazing athlete like Lebron who is so much bigger and more athletic has no chance whatsoever against someone with no power or much ability to finish fights like Chael. Stop exaggerating MMA fighters ability as they are unbeatable. In a street fight someone the size of Lebron do have a chance against Chael. Small chance, but a chance

Anybody can be beaten. There are some deadly guys walking around out here, and most fights get started with a cheap shot. Plus they involve weapons, unfamiliar environments, alcohol, and multiple opponents. So of course any outcome is possible.

However, as a long time fan of basketball, I can tell you that most basketball players can't fight. They have the worst fights of any sport (until tennis players and golfers start fighting, at least). I've seen giant men girl slap and worse out there. Lebron's natural response to contact is to flop like he's been shot. WWE would suit him much better than MMA. (And I say this as a guy who likes Lebron to some degree).

Lebron could trane UFC for 6 months and he would slaughter Chael Sonnen with ease just like Jon Jones did.

I swear some posters here thinks MMA fighters are unbeatable by people who are not fighters.....its laughable that people think an amazing athlete like Lebron who is so much bigger and more athletic has no chance whatsoever against someone with no power or much ability to finish fights like Chael. Stop exaggerating MMA fighters ability as they are unbeatable. In a street fight someone the size of Lebron do have a chance against Chael. Small chance, but a chance
LeBron would have exactly zero chance in a fight against Chael, anywhere. My guess is LeBron doesn't even know how to throw a punch. He backs down from EVERY confrontation I've ever seen him in. Chael would put him on his back the second the fight started, and either beat him unconscious or choke him out.

He would do the same to Ray Lewis. MMA fighters are on an entirely different level than great athletes who don't fight for a living.

Lebron could trane UFC for 6 months and he would slaughter Chael Sonnen with ease just like Jon Jones did.
Umm, no. Not even close.

However, as a long time fan of basketball, I can tell you that most basketball players can't fight. They have the worst fights of any sport (until tennis players and golfers start fighting, at least). I've seen giant men girl slap and worse out there. Lebron's natural response to contact is to flop like he's been shot. WWE would suit him much better than MMA. (And I say this as a guy who likes Lebron to some degree).

You gotta watch some football/soccer if you think basketball players are the worst fighters.

f40b2c594a93bc5f2612b82aee98dc2do.gif

Artest looked pretty crisp against Pistons fans.

Anyone who thinks Chael would lose to ray Lewis or bron is literally too stupid to insult

are you saying only fighters can take a punch? There are people out there who are tough as hell and can actually fight, but are not MMA fighters. Also a punch from Chael is not a punch from henderson or rampage exactly lol

I still bet he could KTFO you easily :D

LeBron would have exactly zero chance in a fight against Chael, anywhere. My guess is LeBron doesn't even know how to throw a punch. He backs down from EVERY confrontation I've ever seen him in. Chael would put him on his back the second the fight started, and either beat him unconscious or choke him out.

He would do the same to Ray Lewis. MMA fighters are on an entirely different level than great athletes who don't fight for a living.

Umm, no. Not even close.

How did someone like Brock that had very minimal MMA training do so well then...he looked unstoppable mostly from just being a physical specimen...not saying Ray Lewis would dominate MMA, I just don't see how these fighters are on this totally different than other athletes...I wasn't on Sherdog back then, but based on this discussion I bet most people had Brock being a can before he fought

How did someone like Brock that had very minimal MMA training do so well then...he looked unstoppable mostly from just being a physical specimen...not saying Ray Lewis would dominate MMA, I just don't see how these fighters are on this totally different than other athletes...I wasn't on Sherdog back then, but based on this discussion I bet most people had Brock being a can before he fought
Brock had a few things going for him. The first being he was one of the most impressive athletes to ever walk the earth. I can't think of anyone with his size, who had that much functional strength, who was that quick/agile. The main thing he had going for him was he was a national wrestling champion. Wrestling is the best base for MMA in my opinion, and he was about as credentialed as any fighter, ever, so that certainly helped him a lot.

The average person is a pretty lousy fighter. Now sure the average athlete has a lot of advantages physically over the average guy, but the average athlete isn't a great fighter either. You see a lot of these guys in various sports get into fights and they typically look like they have no clue what they're doing.

Lebron James and Ray Lewis could train for six months and beat Chael Sonnen?

This will forever be known as the day that the pathetic, man-tittied, basement dwellers of Sherdog (who have ZERO fighting or training experience) went full-retard.

Brock had a few things going for him. The first being he was one of the most impressive athletes to ever walk the earth. I can't think of anyone with his size, who had that much functional strength, who was that quick/agile. The main thing he had going for him was he was a national wrestling champion. Wrestling is the best base for MMA in my opinion, and he was about as credentialed as any fighter, ever, so that certainly helped him a lot.

The average person is a pretty lousy fighter. Now sure the average athlete has a lot of advantages physically over the average guy, but the average athlete isn't a great fighter either. You see a lot of these guys in various sports get into fights and they typically look like they have no clue what they're doing.

I guess the point where we differ is that I believe guys like Ray Lewis are just as impressive physically as Brock is...Brock is a special athlete (size, speed, strength), but I think there are other NFL athletes that are just as special...now the difference is the combat training...Ray Lewis was a dominant high school wrestling champ at Florida, while focusing considerably more attention to football...I just don't believe wrestling for one or two years in college would be the difference between physical specimen "A" kicking the shit out of Chael and physical specimen "B" having absolutely 0 shot, I'm not saying that Chael would lose or wouldn't be a favorite...but 0 chance is laughable...plus I'm only talking about Ray Lewis...and only because he was an actual dominant wrestler in Florida

I guess the point where we differ is that I believe guys like Ray Lewis are just as impressive physically as Brock is...Brock is a special athlete (size, speed, strength), but I think there are other NFL athletes that are just as special...now the difference is the combat training...Ray Lewis was a dominant high school wrestling champ at Florida, while focusing considerably more attention to football...I just don't believe wrestling for one or two years in college would be the difference between physical specimen "A" kicking the shit out of Chael and physical specimen "B" having absolutely 0 shot, I'm not saying that Chael would lose or wouldn't be a favorite...but 0 chance is laughable...plus I'm only talking about Ray Lewis...and only because he was an actual dominant wrestler in Florida
Yeah I mean that is definitely something to take into consideration. Certainly would help him a ton in MMA. There's just such a big difference between top MMA wrestlers and good high school and/or college wrestlers. The cardio for fighting is also an entirely different level than that of any major sport. I would assume Chael would immediately take him down, but even if he didn't, he'd likely rush him up against the cage, do some clinch work dirty boxing type stuff, and Ray would be exhausted in under two minutes.

And Lesnar being a national wrestling champ is worlds different than Ray Lewis being a state high school champ. You could be a high school state wrestling champ and not even be in the top 100 (or more) nationally.

Back