Chael Sonnen on the Jim Rome Show - TRT and 'LeBron James Is a Dork'

that is actually pretty funny.

Less intelligent people (in my experience) have a strong sense of "i have to see it to believe it"

and because of that, for a long time they didn't even believe the boxer thing until James Toney helped us out. (I've had a lot of conversations with idiots claiming the boxer would simply circle away and uppercut a wrestler on the way in...)

but with a big tough football player there's a whole different story because even though they're less proven at fighting than the boxer by a mile, they have an (UNTESTED) aura around them that makes them seem like they can't lose a fight to anyone but fellow football players. (especially smaller people)

but of course that goes against logic. Any trained fighter boxer or mma would beat the piss out of them and have their way with them if they so desired.

Que the video of Benji Radach being knocked out by a guy by some random dude

I don't even.think shale could win a championship in a fixed fight.

Easy, if you're a relatively old-school or conservative athlete or fan who doesn't believe in trash-talk or disrespect even if it's an act.

A lot of people hate Mayweather and others like him.

That is such bullshit. Since fighting began, people were trying to intimidate their opponents and get in their heads. Being old school is so meaningless. Was Ali old school? One of the biggest mouths sports has ever known. I'm not saying Chael is anywhere near Ali, in level of skill. Just saying that people have been talking shit since day one. If anything, it's old school to try to get in an opponent's head.

Lebron is better than chael at the two things chael cares about:

- winning
- making money

It's so funny to me how when Chael says he'll smack Ray Lewis Rome looks at him like, did you just say that? Implying that Ray Lewis is some badass fighter, and Chael wouldn't want to mess with him. Chael would beat the holy hell out of Ray Lewis. He would flat out embarrass him, very badly. He'd do the same to Ayanbadejo on the panel.

yeah, but Ray might kill him (allegedly).

Chael Vs. Lebron would be a no contest due to Lebron flopping to an "eye poke."

Que the video of Benji Radach being knocked out by a guy by some random dude

And Tim Sylvia getting knocked out cold by old man Mercer, and Don Frye getting KOed by Westbrook.

Speaking in absolutes is foolish and naive.

I'd imagine if the New Zealand rugby team decided to put helmets on and play by American football rules......the Americans would be knocked off the perch pretty quickly.

You can't seriously refer to yourself as world champions when you don't know how would do against other countries.

would they run a 4-3 or 3-4, you think?

Chael via ko while Lebron stopped to complain to the ref.

That is such bullshit. Since fighting began, people were trying to intimidate their opponents and get in their heads. Being old school is so meaningless. Was Ali old school? One of the biggest mouths sports has ever known. I'm not saying Chael is anywhere near Ali, in level of skill. Just saying that people have been talking shit since day one. If anything, it's old school to try to get in an opponent's head.

Ali, Jack Johnson and the like were the exceptions rather than the norm. Back then athletes generally kept their head down and weren't that flamboyant.

I'm from England , and NBA is never mentioned here, nor do I care for it, so am serious :D

The Olympics were in London last summer. I'm calling bs that there was no mention of LeBron James in any media coverage.

Lebron is better than chael at the two things chael cares about:

- winning
- making money

And for being famous; James isn't going to be found as part of a panel discussing Chael Sonnen on an afternoon talk show.

Is Ray alleged to be the killer, or just part of the group? I saw him interviewed about the murder on the NFL channel program a football life, and him talking about it creeped me out.

I love Chael but LeGoat would destroy him in a street fight

Shale being Shale

sonnen49.jpg

Chael is the biggest trash talking, least accomplished athlete in history. The Sarah Palin of the sports world.

It's so funny to me how when Chael says he'll smack Ray Lewis Rome looks at him like, did you just say that? Implying that Ray Lewis is some badass fighter, and Chael wouldn't want to mess with him. Chael would beat the holy hell out of Ray Lewis. He would flat out embarrass him, very badly. He'd do the same to Ayanbadejo on the panel.

Yeah, after talking about Silva and Jones and the Nogs a good tackler isn't much of a concern. It is like that story of urlacher ignorantly asking bas if he wanted to step outside and all of bas's friends laughing, and urlacher feeling very confused.

Ray could have been a beast of a fighter though, as could have Urlacher, those guys are athletic on a level beyond even Jon Jones.

I've never heard of Le Bron, is he on the level of Shaq / Bryant ?

I'm assuming this is a serious question since you're from England, so to answer your question he's above the level of both of them in my and most peoples' opinions.

Back