Chael Sonnen is one of the most underrated fighters of all time

What kind of name is Chael anyway? Sounds like a type of lettuce.

Put it this way, there are not many fighters that would have beaten Cheal when he went on his run to the title.

It’s easy and funny to bash on good ol’ Uncle Chael but he is one the most underrated fighters of all time.

He should have been WEC MW Champion when he beat MW champ Paulo Filho (even though he missed weight).

He has wins over prime Mardqaurdt, prime Okami, prime Ping, Shogun, Wand, and Rampage.

Prime Sonnen would have been UFC MW champ if Anderson didn’t exist. Now he’s about to fight the other GOAT Fedor.

View attachment 395107

Yea...how about no? ..hes rated exactly where his cheating ass belongs a akid mark in MMA history a guy who despite cheating and talking shit for most of his career anf getting fights he shouldnt have gotten..he'll still forever be known as the guy who just couldn't get the job in title fights....outside of that he won some decent fights

Hey guys. when i first heard of Chael Sonnen I thought he was stupid because I am the biggest Anderson Silva fan and that he thought he was so awesome because he almost beat Anderson but couldn't admit that Anderson let him do all that to entertain the people and show his BJJ skills because Chael said his BJJ black belt is a fake one and I thought lol what an idiot.

But my mom's friend gave me the book that he wrote about himself and I read some of it and decided that he is a decent guy. He helps out kids and volunteers a lot of his time to good causes.

So I guess my point is that even though you think someone or something is stupid read some books about the person or subject and maybe you will change your mind. I was thought to keep an open mind. My mom's friend told me to remember when I was in Junior High I told everyone that I was going to become a police office but I changed my mind in high school. So he said that people change over time.

He was a better fighter than most gave him credit for, but he folded like an accordion whenever he got hurt.
This. His own coach described him on multiple occasions as "a quitter". Direct quote.

Chael is hilarious. It was funny how he would troll the Pride vets. It's crazy that he ended up with victories over Shogun, Wand, and Rampage though.

Fun fact. He was a minute away from being the UFC LHW champ

I will never forget watching that fight. People were headed for the door when Silva pulled that sub out of his ass. Place went crazy.

I never Chael was under or overrrated. Thought he got what deserved, top 5 trash talker, top 25 fighter’ish.

Chael is in GOAT talks, he beat Rampage, Wanderlei, and Shogun. Yes of course they count.

giphy.gif

just shows how great gsp is, sonnen admitted gsp destroyed him in practice despise gsp being much smaller

His best performance was him juiced to the gills, he has never had an exciting fight. He is your basic wrestler, he's not underrated infact he's one of the worst MMA fighters out there. Lacked heart, skill, and just plain sucked a donkey's dick.
I have to disagree. Unlike most wrestlers that take it slow, Chael charges in and constantly attacks. His anderson fight had some of the most strikes in a fight. The personality helps making you care about his fights making them easier to watch.

It’s easy and funny to bash on good ol’ Uncle Chael but he is one the most underrated fighters of all time.

He should have been WEC MW Champion when he beat MW champ Paulo Filho (even though he missed weight).

He has wins over prime Mardqaurdt, prime Okami, prime Ping, Shogun, Wand, and Rampage.

Prime Sonnen would have been UFC MW champ if Anderson didn’t exist. Now he’s about to fight the other GOAT Fedor.

View attachment 395107
Just don’t show him any of these.
C3DAB68F-8085-445E-A4C7-6CEFEED0D0F9.jpeg B67A9BAD-0D3E-422B-9D51-23F2B758740D.jpeg
And he may grind someone to a win.

Chael tried to game the system.

He owes way more credit to steroids, and way more punishment for using steroids than he received.
He was one of the most prodigious cheats in MMA history
PS. hes also a convicted felon, so theres that
Just means he tried way harder then everyone else.....respect lol

I don't understand the "Chael talked himself into a title shot," narrative that gets repeated often on here. Dominant wins over prime Marquardt and Okami should have gotten anyone a title shot back then, especially with how shallow the MW division was at one point.

This. He was about as clear a number one contender as you’ll ever see. Moreover, his mouth really didn’t fly onto everyone’s radar until after the Silva fight was made.

Now that ive gotten onto this tactic of smothering opponents into wins, I'm not so sure id like him today. For now i have a Truebias, but besides him, i get bored with fighters like khabib, colby, and before i put DC, i gotta stop because heavier fighters can land heavier and with DC, hes never getting tired. On the other hand, i find cain boring.

Back