Chael Sonnen is one of the most underrated fighters of all time

I will never forget watching that fight. People were headed for the door when Silva pulled that sub out of his ass. Place went crazy.
I was talking about the bones fight ! Jon broke his toe he wouldnt have been able to come out for the 2nd round. Silva Sonnen is one of my favourite MMA moments tho
I never Chael was under or overrrated. Thought he got what deserved, top 5 trash talker, top 25 fighter’ish.

stop trying to damage control and acting like you're actually a fan of chael, you just want anderson getting dominated to not look as bad.

Underachiever imo, he will go in the list of guys like Riggs, Uriah Hall, Nelson, Sokodjou etc.

I think it's the absolute opposite. He was a journeyman that peaked only once he started cheating like crazy. Dude pissed hot three times, for six different PED, and that was before USADA.

I think it's the absolute opposite. He was a journeyman that peaked only once he started cheating like crazy. Dude pissed hot three times, for six different PED, and that was before USADA.

I disagree, he has an inconsistent record but if you've watched all of his earlier losses he was usually winning the fight until he lost. He always had serious potential but gaping flaws with his submission defence.

The Okami fight defined him for me. He had a great run. Sadly will be defined by choking in the first Silva fight.

Fedor may detach his head.

Or maybe he detaches Fedor's.

Stranger shit has happened.

He’s a better real estate agent than Iaquinta too

Rashad-Evans-vs-Chael-Sonnen-GIf.gif

Sonnen flailing his legs around like a fucking child gets me every time.
Hashad was an absolute monster in that fight. I think that was the best Rashad that we'd seen.

Strange because that was his last win and he fell off a cliff after being injured and never recovered

Chael is an absolutely mediocre fighter with a great career. He’s a good business man.

He got himself into fights he had no business being in and to his credit actually had the balls to go through with.

Edit

That’s why he gives guys shit for not calling out fighters or pushing for big fights. Because even though Chael didn’t have the talent he had the balls to get the fights that would be great for his career.

He’s one of MMAs better personalities.

Chael taking scissors to computer cords on The Apprentice was fucking great...just saying. He was a good fighter too.
Lol i forgot about that. The other contestants were wigging out bigtime.
His ufc run pre silva was beastly. Its not like his opponents were clean either. 98% of the roster were doing it.
Apart from his obvious troll trash talking he was still a humble guy. Gotta give a guy props for being open about juicing opposed to blaming it on dickpills, tainted supps etc

Back