Chael Sonnen describes losing 36 pounds in 20 days

The amount of negative comments that have shit to do with the OP is mind boggling. And that isn't limited to just this thread.

I remember the days when I used to care about what Sonnen said

Seems like 5 years ago

Chael doing his random 3 minute videos while driving thing.

I don't think he's a sociopath. From experience, people like him are relatively alright.

Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are good examples of sociopaths.

I agree that he's probably not a sociopath.

People forget how much of a straight and narrow journeyman he was for a long time. I think he went a little crazy doing what he did for little reward.

He probably is a bit of a sleazy guy though, you have to be to want to be a cage fighter.

I was living in Oakland and went to UFC 117: Silva v Sonnen. I remember not knowing too much about Sonnen when the fight was first announced. Then came the shit talking. Thats when it all changed for Sonnen. He went from journey man to a star in one night. It was pretty amazing. I remember watching the fight with a bunch of people cheering for Sonnen in the skybox at Oracle Arena. I was the only person cheering for Silva. Then came the triangle and the skybox went quiet except for me. I was yelling and screaming at the top of my lungs. My boss just smirked and looked at me and shook his head. It was a great night.

sociopaths are lauded in our society - they know exactly what to say and what emotions to evoke - he knows exactly when to be cocky and when to be humble - people eat it up - well, at least until he got caught, then he was shamed - but before then, he was golden
That's why the guys at the top that don't know how to make the stuff have all the money and the scientist and math people make a tiny fraction.

I agree that he's probably not a sociopath.

People forget how much of a straight and narrow journeyman he was for a long time. I think he went a little crazy doing what he did for little reward.

He probably is a bit of a sleazy guy though, you have to be to want to be a cage fighter.

I agree. Pretty much a prize fighter who sells fights and entertains.

I don't think he's a sociopath. From experience, people like him are relatively alright.

100%.

They get caught and lie, lie, lie. Hoping they can continue the manipulation and illusion. One of the hallmarks of a genuine sociopath is that they don't feel empathy or remorse so when it comes time to look in the mirror and self reflect? It's almost impossible.

One of Sonnen's best qualities has always been his ability to be honest, self reflect and cut through the bullshit.

Fuck Chael. The guy is a legit sociopath. Don't trust a word he says.

lol sociapath?

Yeah...looks like you're not fit to be a Behavioral Analyst for law enforcement because you're pretty fucking wrong lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/uhRggg96lxHTW/giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Anderson is not a sociopath and neither is Chael. Jon Jones probably is.

sociopaths are lauded in our society - they know exactly what to say and what emotions to evoke - he knows exactly when to be cocky and when to be humble - people eat it up - well, at least until he got caught, then he was shamed - but before then, he was golden
This is true. I never had much Confidence in his skills but he sure was funny while it lasted.

seeing people doing videos while driving stresses the shit out of me.

100%.

They get caught and lie, lie, lie. Hoping they can continue the manipulation and illusion. One of the hallmarks of a genuine sociopath is that they don't feel empathy or remorse so when it comes time to look in the mirror and self reflect? It's almost impossible.

One of Sonnen's best qualities has always been his ability to be honest, self reflect and cut through the bullshit.
Neither Silva or Jones think of their cheating in terms of manipulation and illusions, you're giving them both way too much credit. They are legit just bonehead athletes who take PEDs for obvious reasons and then lie about it for obvious reasons. They aren't very likeable, charming or smart. Being your average dummy doesn't make you a sociopath.

Chael "I launder money" Sonnen on the other hand, is the kind of guy who can completely control his own emotions (other peoples emotions rather, he doesn't seem to have any) in any given situation for his own gain. With a different career choice he'd be scamming you for your kids college fund and doing it with a smile on his face making you feel assured you were in good hands.

It's not a coincidence that this guy's top two career choices aside from fighting is being a realtor and being a politican. Definitely two fields filled with people of integrity :^)

also

>cutting through the bullshit
>be honest

fuck he got you hook line and sinker lol

I agree. Pretty much a prize fighter who sells fights and entertains.
Who also launders money, commits mortgage fraud, snitches on his co-conspirators, falsely accuses his business partners and ran for office but failed.

No one cares about him selling fights and trying to be entertaining. Literally no one has a problem with that. The problem is that his "real self" is completely indistinguishable from his pathological liar state, and when that is the case it makes sense to consider his pathlogical liar state, his real self. The guy has on numerous occasions proven to be capable of saying something with a one-hundred percent projected conviction, even though he didn't mean it at all or the truth was something completely different.

Believing Chael and giving him the benefit of the doubt is like the girl whose boyfriend beats her but she stays with him because "Hes a good guy when hes not hitting me".

>"Yeah hes a fantastic manipulator and you never know whats real and whats a ploy but I like him because this time I think hes being truthful"

LOL

Back