Chael Sonnen admits heartbreak over latest loss to Fedor

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Physically, everything hurts,” said Sonnen. “[Emelianenko] hit me with a missile about five-seconds in. That one still hurts a little bit. But other than that, I am doing well…My teeth are okay. If I had one wish going into a fight, aside from serious injury, it’s that I won’t lose a tooth. I had that same wish since I started this when I was 19 years old. But, yes they are all intact.

“Emotionally, I get heartbroken about these things. From a competitive standpoint, I have dedicated my whole life to this since I was nine years old and I would have started earlier if my dad would have let me. He wouldn’t let me start until I was nine. It hurts. It hurts really bad that you don’t get those moments back.”

“I’ve had these feelings before,” said Sonnen. “I am convinced, in my interpretation, this is what it means to be a fighter. Somewhere over time that word became corrupted. It became about the punches and the kicks. But I’ve always believed it’s feeling like I’m feeling right now and getting out of bed anyway and facing the media and getting back on it. So now I have to be a fighter. I prefer to be a winner, I prefer to be on top of the world and looking down on everybody else. But today I’ve got to fight.”

“I’ve fought 49 guys, well I guess 50 counting Fedor, and I’ve never been outstruck,” said Sonnen. “Not one single time have I lost the stand up part of a fight. I can’t that anymore. This is first stand up I’ve ever lost. I didn’t think he was fast enough to catch me. I thought I’d be too quick. So I was going across and distract him with some punches and get into a clinch or get into a double-leg and make it a wrestling match. I wanted to have my hands on him at all times. I was ready for some of those throws Sambo throws, I was ready for them to go against me, I was ready for him to succeed with those throws and have to scramble on the mat.

“It wasn’t like a real sophisticated gameplan as much as it was just pressure-based. I just wanted to fight him. I wanted to be on him and wanted him to have to respond. But I also thought I could take his shots. I still didn’t see those punches. They were so fast and I was so impressed. In spite of hanging my head here today, I have to give him his credit. He earned it. I’ve got to credit his sped and his power, they were very difficult for me.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/17...n-admits-heartbreak-over-latest-loss-to-fedor

Chael has had the honor of stepping into the octagon with the GOAT. He understands what that truly means now. Respect to him for taking on the challenge.

Still undefeated Chael...

I wanted to be on him.

tenor.gif

<Fedor23>

Respect to chael

Even tho he was bigtime juice monkey

He fought the best of the best.

Whats with the fake news? Chael is still undefeated

Very honest assessment from Chael. Its interesting how powerful Fedor is and how hard he punches. His hits dont even look that hard but guys crumble regardless.

This doesn't really change the fact he was acting like a total fool a few years back calling Fedor "terrible" and shit

At the end of the day he gave up instead of fighting it out. I've never once seen Chael knocked out or close to knocked out and that's because he doesn't give it his all.

Chael has fought Anderson twice, Jones and Fedor. He has fought Rampage Wanderlie Shogun Shad and Tito.

That in itself is impressive

42 years old and still making veteran fighters marvel at his speed and power. Most fighters don't like to talk about the guy who knocked them down. They say, "I got caught" or "made a technical mistake" or whatever.

When Fedor hits guys, they give him glowing reviews. And we're talking guys who have fought a lot of good fighters. Fedor truly must be on another level.

This doesn't really change the fact he was acting like a total fool a few years back calling Fedor "terrible" and shit
Exactly. He paid for his trash talk which perhaps while not being as bad as Conor's, it still was trash talk nonetheless and aimed towards the goat, so yea that's blasphemy. Lol

He received his Chris Leben punishment
(for talking shit on Anderson when he came from Japan to rule the ufc)

Chael’s so damn well spoken

Back