Chael Sonnen admits heartbreak over latest loss to Fedor

The first one that cleaned his clock looked visibly hard as fuck tbh. Same as the first grounded strike Sonnen took after his somersault.

He reminds me a lot of Khabib, how people say once Khabib gets on top of you it feels like a LHW or HW. Except with Fedor is people commenting how hard he hits

But he didn’t really lose the stand up . He fell down and then got demolished
I would say that whiffing on a strike so badly that you fall down is losing the stand up. I guess it is not technically a knockdown, but it is similarly showing an utter lack of striking skill that results in losing the fight. But whatevs. I mostly agree with Chael that he has fared surprisingly well in the stand up game in his career.

42 years old and still making veteran fighters marvel at his speed and power. Most fighters don't like to talk about the guy who knocked them down. They say, "I got caught" or "made a technical mistake" or whatever.

When Fedor hits guys, they give him glowing reviews. And we're talking guys who have fought a lot of good fighters. Fedor truly must be on another level.
Serious question. Did you lose an AV bet?

I would say that whiffing on a strike so badly that you fall down is losing the stand up. I guess it is not technically a knockdown, but it is similarly showing an utter lack of striking skill that results in losing the fight. But whatevs. I mostly agree with Chael that he has fared surprisingly well in the stand up game in his career.
Yeah I found it hard to believe until I started thinking about it. And I agree. But I guess he didn’t get outstruck in that fight

Back