Chael Sonnen admits heartbreak over latest loss to Fedor

Is there really no fight where he lost the stand up? I find that hard to believe. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any though lol

If he had watched recent tape on Fedor & re watched his fight against Rampage he would have realized Fedor's punches are nearly 3x faster than his.

This man has fought Fedor, Anderson, and Jones.

Crazy to think.

This is a Star Wars tournament. The Emperor just beat Jabba and is fighting Vader next.

it was a pathetic performance. he looked like an amatuer and shouldn't be fighting anymore.

this is what it means to be a fighter. Somewhere over time that word became corrupted. It became about the punches and the kicks. But I’ve always believed it’s feeling like I’m feeling right now and getting out of bed anyway and facing the media and getting back on it. So now I have to be a fighter. I prefer to be a winner, I prefer to be on top of the world and looking down on everybody else. But today I’ve got to fight.”

14D4JeI.gif

Facts.

Chael usually does this after losing. Gave a lot of props to Silva, Jones and Evans after losing to them when he wasn't in hype mode. Nothing new here.

There’s no shame in losing to someone like fedor, especially if you bring it to him

This however:

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

Is there really no fight where he lost the stand up? I find that hard to believe. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any though lol

I don't recall how the stand up portion of the Jones fight went but that's the only one I can think of as a possibility.

Very honest assessment from Chael. Its interesting how powerful Fedor is and how hard he punches. His hits dont even look that hard but guys crumble regardless.

The first one that cleaned his clock looked visibly hard as fuck tbh. Same as the first grounded strike Sonnen took after his somersault.

Chael will be able to use what he learned when he faces Ryan Bader for the LHW title.

Indeed, although I do think his hits look hard as well. He jumps his whole body into his punches when he's going full power. Shit is scary.

The Timmeh Sylvia fight is the greatest example of this. The look of shock on his face afterwards says it all.

Thats exactly the fight I had in mind when I said that!

The only time I remember seeing Fedor hit someone and it LOOKED hard was against Bret Rogers. That looked savage.

Back