Chael Sonen rolling vs some crap-jitsu sherdoger

Some of his technique do look bad specially the guard ones, but to be fair he doesn't have the body type to be playing guard or some the stuff he's showing simple do not look smooth.

Personally that's my biggest gripe I have with him. He doesn't focus much on details or outright misses a lot of them, and much of what he shows would only work for getting gym taps, but would fail miserably against good brown or black belts in competition. He'll rant for 30 minutes showing a bunch of moves and lock flows but most of it is very brutish. Conversely when I watch Rafa demonstrate a technique every word he says is fucking gold.

This doesn't mean he's a bad grappler. You don''t need to do 1000 steps to make the majority of techniques work on the average purple, brown, or black belt. Also much of grappling is about a feel for weight and alignment which you refine over the years. So even though he may not be able to articulate it well, his overall grappling motor movements are probably pretty good from years of mat time. As much as we criticize him for being delusional, he'd still tap at least 80% of this forum and he had the balls to step into the ring and do MMA back when he as younger. I can respect that.

Personally that's my biggest gripe I have with him. He doesn't focus much on details or outright misses a lot of them, and much of what he shows would only work for getting gym taps, but would fail miserably against good brown or black belts in competition. He'll rant for 30 minutes showing a bunch of moves and lock flows but most of it is very brutish. Conversely when I watch Rafa demonstrate a technique every word he says is fucking gold.

This doesn't mean he's a bad grappler. You don''t need to do 1000 steps to make the majority of techniques work on the average purple, brown, or black belt. Also much of grappling is about a feel for weight and alignment which you refine over the years. So even though he may not be able to articulate it well, his overall grappling motor movements are probably pretty good from years of mat time. As much as we criticize him for being delusional, he'd still tap at least 80% of this forum and he had the balls to step into the ring and do MMA back when he as younger. I can respect that.

pretty much...

hes very much into the whole catch stuff, and to be fair, a lot of the catch stuff dont really work on high level competition, I mean elite competition.... he shows a lot of weird ass submissions, tht like you say, will work on the gym but aint no elite bb tapping from that stuff on competition. That doesnt mean those techniques arent legit, because we all know we been feed a shit ton of flashy stuff also in our gyms.

They are now but when we were wrassling Lehigh Valley was king. Even their JV squads became decent grapplers....
Lmao I was just continuing the chain of shit talking through the thread bud

It's called rolling to the level of your opponent. Chael would steamroll WMD in about 15 seconds if he desired, that's what makes these videos so infuriating. Dan acts like this is the Olympic Finals against guys who are basically just trying to break a sweat.

Sounds like somebody's jealous that he wasn't the one who was able to snap down Chael and threaten a 10 finger guillotine, then instead of trying to just control on top for moral victory, actually go for a sneaky sub attempt like the Russian cowboy but that's just my imo.

Sounds like somebody's jealous that he wasn't the one who was able to snap down Chael and threaten a 10 finger guillotine, then instead of trying to just control on top for moral victory, actually go for a sneaky sub attempt like the Russian cowboy but that's just my imo.
Not interested in Texas white belt opinions.

Please be trolling

80% sure he's jimmying the rustles.

Speaking of which, its nice to see the american gangster, Chael P. Sonnen, take time out of his schedule to do charity work with the disabled.

It's called rolling to the level of your opponent. Chael would steamroll WMD in about 15 seconds if he desired, that's what makes these videos so infuriating. Dan acts like this is the Olympic Finals against guys who are basically just trying to break a sweat.
They're infuriating because you let them infuriate you. Get a hobby?

It's not like Dan is making fat money off these videos. Also it's pretty clear that he's a solid grappler.

80% sure he's jimmying the rustles.

Speaking of which, its nice to see the american gangster, Chael P. Sonnen, take time out of his schedule to do charity work with the disabled.
He probably looks at it the same way he looks at coaching, it will would probably shock a lot of people here how much he does behind the scenes

He probably looks at it the same way he looks at coaching, it will would probably shock a lot of people here how much he does behind the scenes
ive cornered a handful of times in chaels pro/am league. He does a ton for our mma community up here in the PNW

Back