Chad Mendes is a better striker than Eddie Alvarez, Dustin Poirier,...

That’s like saying Chael Sonnen is a better striker than Rich Franklin and Victor Belfort

Agree .... IF he retains his speed amd strenght post USADA that is.
I don't put too much stock in it. He was one of like three people who actually had legitimately silly convictions. It's proven that his came from a cream for his psoriases.

This dude has always been shredded
mendes-nuts.jpg

Chad is top 5 best FW of all time
Aldo
Holloway
Conor
Mendes
Edgar

PS:Conor beat 3 out of 4

So i just rewatched Chad Vs McGregor fight and saw Chad landed many clean shots to McGregor than Eddie or Dustin despite his height and reach disadvantage, it is also the only time i see McGregor eating clean shots to the chin in his UFC FW career
What are your thought? Is Chad's striking skill underrated ? Can he beat Max Holloway/Brian Ortega or go to BW and beat TJ/Cody?
066_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

ufc-189-mixed-martial-arts-76-390x285.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg
Chad was a bad mofo. His striking got leaps and bounds better between the 2 Aldo fights. I actually thought he slightly edged Aldo in the rematch but whatever.

Hope he comes back and makes waves.

I don't put too much stock in it. He was one of like three people who actually had legitimately silly convictions. It's proven that his came from a cream for his psoriases.

mendes-nuts.jpg
Yeh i believe the cream story, guy is a fucking stud athlete. Also really excited for his comeback, just don't know who he should fight.

Chad was P4P ranked when Conor beat him, who knows how he'll fight off the juice and after being away for 2 years, but he's an elite fighter in my book.

So i just rewatched Chad Vs McGregor fight and saw Chad landed many clean shots to McGregor than Eddie or Dustin despite his height and reach disadvantage, it is also the only time i see McGregor eating clean shots to the chin in his UFC FW career
What are your thought? Is Chad's striking skill underrated ? Can he beat Max Holloway/Brian Ortega or go to BW and beat TJ/Cody?

5.jpg

3.jpg
Might as well say Chael Sonnens striking is better than Vitors since he landed more strikes on Anderson.

Randleman knocked out Cro Cop... so wait, Randleman was a better striker than Remy Bonjasky or Peter Aerts?

Nah, doesn’t work that way.

5.jpg

3.jpg
Conor kills himself to make FW, can't use this logic bro i'm afraid.

But Conor destroyed his chin.

A strong gust of wind would knock Mendes clean out post Conor.

mendes-nuts.jpg

Nah the skin cream story is even worse than claiming dick pills. Wasn't proven and doesn't make sense, hence why he didn't fight the suspension.

Dont get ur hopes up too high
He got ktfo by edgar
Young new talent has surpassed him

I'd love to see him fight Dillashaw, but the guys are actually still friends and Chad would never forgo his gains to make 135.

I think the ghost of Barao would be a decent comeback fight for Chad. Definitely need to see a rematch with Edgar eventually.

Back