Chad Mendes is a better striker than Eddie Alvarez, Dustin Poirier,...

Nah the skin cream story is even worse than claiming dick pills. Wasn't proven and doesn't make sense, hence why he didn't fight the suspension.

Not to mention Mendes effectively admitted to using PEDs in an interview with Sherdog back in 2014 (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ch...ht-Champ-Jose-Aldo-Definitely-Uses-PEDs-70579), unless we're to believe that 80 percent of fighters use steroids, but somehow super-athlete Mendes is part of the 20 percent. Something he didn't bother to suggest. Nor did he bother to claim he's clean in addressing Aldo's accusations.

He is the Mike Tyson of the FW division and has the best walk out song

Mendes is a great fighter but Conor was noticeably hurt in that fight

Chad is an elite striker. He took prime Aldo to a razor thin decision in a fight that was basically a kickboxing match. Glad to have him back. Exciting fighter and improving his striking to such a level with Ludwig made him into a potent finisher.
<Lmaoo>

His striking is so amazing that he got KO'd by Frankie Edgar in the 1st round. And while Frankie is a great fighter, he's not exactly a KO artist...

21st Conor circle jerk thread today and it’s only dinner time. Damn you cats are thirsty.

The takedown threat is big

And I also actually believe Conor that his knee was fucked. not the bullshit diagnosis he claimed... but you could see he was clearly a lot slower than usual backing out of range and relied a lot on his chin

Not sure about Dustin but Eddie would light Chad up bad if they fought

Don't know why Eddie froze so bad against Conor but if he brought his usual game he'd pick him apart

When is his suspension up? Seems like it’s been longer than 2 years.

His striking is so amazing that he got KO'd by Frankie Edgar in the 1st round. And while Frankie is a great fighter, he's not exactly a KO artist...
His chin needed rest

The OP seems like a dumb way to argue it but I do agree with the premise, at least. Chad, at his peak, was a great striker. I dunno if the Conor fight was the best example of it, but the Aldo rematch proved it well enough.

I don't think you understand the effect "the threat of the takedown" has on striking

agreed, a lot faster and more explosive too.

mendes is a beast.

Prime 2014 Chad Mendes that fought Aldo is one of the best fighters of all time.

Mcgregor often blocks punches with his face . Even though hes a great counter striker.

My thoughts are, and have been that if Chad had more than 5-6 days to prepare to fight? He would dominate Conor and not gas....

Good try dumb ass, you were specifically talking about striking.

No, degenerate. It's you who have an issue with reading comprehension and common sense.

I quote myself: "It's easier to short wrestler to surprise taller opponents with punches."
I thought that most of the Sherdoggers do understand how the threat of takedowns changes the standup of wrestler's opponent, but apparently you have to have an IQ of at leat 3 digits, which you lack.

Now crawl back to the hole you came from.

Back