Chad Mendes is a better striker than Eddie Alvarez, Dustin Poirier,...

heohanwuoc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So i just rewatched Chad Vs McGregor fight and saw Chad landed many clean shots to McGregor than Eddie or Dustin despite his height and reach disadvantage, it is also the only time i see McGregor eating clean shots to the chin in his UFC FW career
What are your thought? Is Chad's striking skill underrated ? Can he beat Max Holloway/Brian Ortega or go to BW and beat TJ/Cody?
066_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

ufc-189-mixed-martial-arts-76-390x285.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Yep definitly underrated. His striking got alot better when he started working with Ludwig. He's also explosive af and hits pretty god damn hard

So i just rewatched Chad Vs McGregor fight and saw Chad landed many clean shots to McGregor than Eddie or Dustin despite his height and reach disadvantage, it is also the only time i see McGregor eating clean shots to the chin in his UFC FW career
What are your thought? Is Chad's striking skill underrated ? Can he beat Max Holloway/Brian Ortega or go to BW and beat TJ/Cody?

5.jpg

3.jpg

It's easier to short wrestler to surprise taller opponents with punches.
Especially that McGregor was preparing to the striker of his own height.

Chad is super talented in general. I can't wait to see him back. In retrospect, resting for two years might help recover his chin and could be a life-saver to his career.

And that wasn't even full camp, dick cream Mendes.

Is his suspension up anytime soon? Would be cool to see him back into the featherweight mix.

Here is Chad looking thicc af, i believe he will a be much better fighter after suspension

His speed and explosiveness were the huge factors to the success throughout his career which makes me curious how would he perform off of his "skin cream".

Chad is super talented in general. I can't wait to see him back. In retrospect, resting for two years might help recover his chin and could be a life-saver to his career.

Agree .... IF he retains his speed amd strenght post USADA that is.

5.jpg

3.jpg

Why Chad is not fighting since december 2015? is he suspended?

It's easier to short wrestler to surprise taller opponents with punches.
Especially that McGregor was preparing to the striker of his own height.
Yeah, reach and height had never been considered an advantage... Lol

McGregor just walked through his punches though, he had no respect for his striking so didn't defend much. Poirier knocked out one of McGregor's teeth with a left hook.

Chad is an elite striker. He took prime Aldo to a razor thin decision in a fight that was basically a kickboxing match. Glad to have him back. Exciting fighter and improving his striking to such a level with Ludwig made him into a potent finisher.

If mendez cardio would have hold up he could have succeeded. But unfortunately for him it did not.

His only chance would have been to take conor out fast but that is easier said than done.

Back