Cauliflower Ear Question.

It comes from impact and ear trauma, some are more prone to it than others. I have teammates that have decades of hard grappling more than I have, and they don't even have any signs of it. Whereas I did camp where we focused heavily on TDD (I'm a striker) and wrestling, and bam it popped up, I didn't think it was too bad, but one session I ate a nasty hook to the ear and it felt fucked. One of the most painful things I've had, so I had to get it drained, even tapping it very lightly was painful as well.

These days I wear an earguard. Also, I think it depends on the gym "style" of grappling for it to pop up. I did alot of clinching for years and nothing, then after 8 weeks of heavy wrestling, grinding off the fence drills, etc. it came

giphy.gif

Hate these videos, you can see the guy's face tense up before he gets hit. At least hire decent actors if you're going to pick the low hanging fruit.

Ive been rolling for over 10yrs and I can tell you the exact injuries that gave me it

Like the time a big/strong white belt headlocked me as if his life depended on it and he didnt even have my neck, just bone across my ear. A good 30sec squeeze till he figured he had nothing and got tired, and I had ruptured blood vessels in ear.

All it takes is one hard strike to the ear or to have your ear rubbed really hard against someone's body while grappling. I got mine shooting for a takedown. The dude sprawled and my ear rubbed really hard on either his arm or his body while we were both scrambling. I immediately felt numbness and like my ear was burning.

It fills up with blood. If you don't drain it with a syringe then the blood will harden up and your ear will stay looking like that. Or you can try to drain it like I did. My ear still looks a little funny but at least I drained the big bulge out of it. Now I usually wear headgear when grappling but it can still happen when i am boxing or doing MMA sparring without the headgear

Send pic of ear please

My Muay Thai sparring partner from back in day used to be a Greco-Roman wrestler in high school. His cauliflower ear was awful even after he got surgery to fix it. It probably didn't help that he never wore head gear in our sparring sessions either.

It funny being out with him and someone seeing his ears. They'll say "where did you wrestle" and he'll be like "I've never wrestled in my life" and then he gets this dumbfounded look from them lol. Ironically enough, wrestling is his strongest asset in the cage!
Does he know you are stalking him on sherdog? Lol

It seems odd TBH

Sherdog cracks me up.......a keyboard warrior, who used a derogatory term and I responded to them. I responded because I find it funny that people have balls on their keyboard but would cower like a beaten puppy if confronted in real life. It was supposed to be funny.......which obviously was based on the amount of likes it got. So a good friend of mine, who is a professional fighter (although I think he's unofficially retired at this point) is also the friend I was referencing about the ear. So I post his pic.....because it's on sherdog......I'm odd? You either need more friends or you must like derogatory terms about people, or you yourself are a keyboard warrior.

Sherdog cracks me up.......a keyboard warrior, who used a derogatory term and I responded to them. I responded because I find it funny that people have balls on their keyboard but would cower like a beaten puppy if confronted in real life. It was supposed to be funny.......which obviously was based on the amount of likes it got. So a good friend of mine, who is a professional fighter (although I think he's unofficially retired at this point) is also the friend I was referencing about the ear. So I post his pic.....because it's on sherdog......I'm odd? You either need more friends or you must like derogatory terms about people, or you yourself are a keyboard warrior.
Does he know you are posting his pictures and writing about him on the internet? It seems strange

It's easy to be a badass over a keyboard. It's hard to be a badass when it's time to be a badass.

I give no fucks. You are saying if we were to be connected with him, it'd spell out trouble. I give no fucks still. Your friend has a disability.

Depends if they use protection while training. I have a friend who refuses to wear one during training because he actually wants them. For the most part though they can be avoided by wearing this
615MlnB6y1L._SL1001_.jpg

Tell your bozo friend to come to my dojo...I'll give him all the cauliflower ear and CTE his heart desires :cool:

Those things don't happen only to ears, they also pop up in other places if you take a fairly amount of concentrated impact.

I for myself have one in the ear and one in the leg(!)

You can always drain the liquid before solidification with a thin insulin syringe, but I guess if you're a professional fighter you will end up getting tired of it.

Back