Catching Lightning (Lee Murray Documentary)

He definitely would've gotten a longer sentence than his buddy Paul Allen and the other accomplices who the police managed to catch. They were intent on making Lee out to be the mastermind and leader of the whole thing.

I think Paul Allen got 7 years, iirc, but either way Lee certainly would've been out by now. Insane. The Moroccon system is so fucked.
I think the sentence was more of an effort to appease the British government .

But tbh it’s not so much the Moroccan system than it is the Brits taking things too lightly. I mean it’s one of the biggest heists in century.

The crazy thing is he may get tried again in the UK once he’s released from Morocco !

Just finished it and it’s given me an overwhelming sense of national pride that a loud mouth hard hitter who can’t wrestle, a roofer, a mechanic and their Eastern European mate masterminded the greatest heist of all time only to come undone with videos of themselves planning the crime and own names written on evidence. The only way to improve the story is if bricktop swooped in at the last minute and nicked all the cash whilst they were all getting arrested

Sakurai was #1 p4p at the time according to rankings.

I'd say Sakurai, then Horn

Granted Horn was much bigger than Sakurai.

Sakurai is a legit pick but...

What rankings are you talking about?
Sakurai had just beat Tetsuji Kato by controversial split decision.

This Sakurai #1 p4p is one of the many clichés/myths parroted by sherbros ad nauseum.
There was no official worlwide rankings of any kind at the time so it's a void claim. He was regarded as one of if not the best in the obscure WW division of his time, sure. But let's leave it at that.

The much bigger Horn would have been heavily favoured to beat Sakurai

Sakurai is a legit pick but...

What rankings are you talking about?
Sakurai had just beat Tetsuji Kato by controversial split decision.

This Sakurai #1 p4p is one of the many clichés/myths parroted by sherbros ad nauseum.
There was no official worlwide rankings of any kind at the time so it's a void claim. He was regarded as one of if not the best in the obscure WW division of his time, sure. But let's leave it at that.

The much bigger Horn would have been heavily favoured to beat Sakurai

It's the context of the time.
He also just KOed Trigg and was a year or two removed from second place at ADCC at open weight.

He was also 18-0.

Granted I should have said in some rankings. Not the rankings.
I'd like to see where sherdog had him in theirs

It's the context of the time.
He also just KOed Trigg and was a year or two removed from second place at ADCC at open weight.

He was also 18-0.

Granted I should have said in some rankings. Not the rankings.
I'd like to see where sherdog had him in theirs

For the context of the time, I agree Sakurai was the biggest win for Silva pre-UFC.

I dont think there was sherdog rankings back then though, much less p4p.

For the context of the time, I agree Sakurai was the biggest win for Silva pre-UFC.

I dont think there was sherdog rankings back then though, much less p4p.

There were definitely rankings on sherdog. And general consensus was that Sakurai was one of if not the best under 205.

Lee Murray was a good win but he hadn't really fought in The upper echelon.

Horn was a much better win than Murray though Horn had ups and downs.

Sakurai simply by effect of being shooto champ and undefeated I think was Andersons best win prior to the UFC.

I enjoyed the doc. Absolute mad lad and probably the biggest affa who has ever posted on these forums
<{JustBleed}>

Bro why do people keep fantasizing over this guy lol? He had like 1 fight in cage rage, lost to Anderson Silva, then did a huge robbery and is now in jail forever.

All this mystical best fighter that never was stuff is bullshit.

Back