Catching Lightning (Lee Murray Documentary)

I liked it too but there was something I found funny in it.

In the doc, they try to depict Murray like he's a really good guy and just the wrong place at the wrong time.

Everywhere he went, there was trouble. He was not a good guy

Have not seen doco, but want to point out you can be a good guy and still get into a lot of trouble.

Probably the best MMA related documentary so far.

You can't tell me Lee Murray wouldn't have been a superstar if the UFC didn't cancel his contract. Might have been a big bag fumble as they could have kept him for UK cards only.

He might have been Connor x 2-3. He was a natural fighter with that rare type of energy which makes you a boss amongst gangsters.

Connor was good, but the drawback compared to Lee was that he was an over-compensating skinny manlet who wasn't naturally dangerous enough to average+ sized men. Whereas Lee was a natural born killer. Ask Tito.

He had enough years to make a splash before USADA as well. Biggest what if in MMA history.

I agree!

When it was said and done. Conor was only good vs much smaller fighters. Meanwhile Lee Muarry was a scary tall guy with long limbs and big bones. So he had an intimidating frame + a solid background story to add to his lore which includes toppling big dudes like Tito.

Conor was a good trash talker/motivational speaker early on and he really struck gold with Aldo fight both psychologically and in-cage performance. Aside from that, he oversold himself in the long run and was not as good as his boastful words. Also his voice and Vince McMahon walk was too silly to be taken seriously as a scary person. More like an annoying pest.

Outside reputation, Lee was known for fighting multiple dudes and did not mind getting stabbed or hurt. Conor had to gather an entourage for protection before acting a fool. Also he called out a big YouTuber saying he could take him in a fight and challenged him. The big dude has meh boxing skills but accepted and Conor ghosted.

In a real fight, Lee would end Conor. Hell, there are tons of guys Lee smashed that would beat the shit out of Conor.

I agree!

When it was said and done. Conor was only good vs much smaller fighters. Meanwhile Lee Muarry was a scary tall guy with long limbs and big bones. So he had an intimidating frame + a solid background story to add to his lore which includes toppling big dudes like Tito.

Conor was a good trash talker/motivational speaker early on and he really struck gold with Aldo fight both psychologically and in-cage performance. Aside from that, he oversold himself in the long run and was not as good as his boastful words. Also his voice and Vince McMahon walk was too silly to be taken seriously as a scary person. More like an annoying pest.

Outside reputation, Lee was known for fighting multiple dudes and did not mind getting stabbed or hurt. Conor had to gather an entourage for protection before acting a fool. Also he called out a big YouTuber saying he could take him in a fight and challenged him. The big dude has meh boxing skills but accepted and Conor ghosted.

In a real fight, Lee would end Conor. Hell, there are tons of guys Lee smashed that would beat the shit out of Conor.
Who was this?

I liked it too but there was something I found funny in it.

In the doc, they try to depict Murray like he's a really good guy and just the wrong place at the wrong time.

Everywhere he went, there was trouble. He was not a good guy
Why is it harder to wash clothes than the brain

Met the dude a few times, even sat in his motor while he sold me some Cage Rage tickets. Gotta say, hes intimidating as fuck.

Seems to be the consensus, I remember Dana somewhere mentioning that he was the only fighter on the roster who absolutely scared him just in terms of presence and an underlying danger level way beyond the fact that he was a pro fighter, just an overall unpredictable and unhinged guy apparently.

You would be correct 😁
I’ve trained there a few times. I met Murray immediately after his stabbing , when they did a photo shoot of him in that boiler room. Went up to him and said hope you get better soon and he said thanks and we shook hands. Seemed cool lol

Probably the best MMA related documentary so far.

You can't tell me Lee Murray wouldn't have been a superstar if the UFC didn't cancel his contract. Might have been a big bag fumble as they could have kept him for UK cards only.

He might have been Connor x 2-3. He was a natural fighter with that rare type of energy which makes you a boss amongst gangsters.

Connor was good, but the drawback compared to Lee was that he was an over-compensating skinny manlet who wasn't naturally dangerous enough to average+ sized men. Whereas Lee was a natural born killer. Ask Tito.

He had enough years to make a splash before USADA as well. Biggest what if in MMA history.
Where is it available to watch?

You would be correct 😁

Was Lee training out of London Shootfighters his whole career? I trained there a few times in 2002 and 2003 when they were based around Finsbury Park and always thought it was a great group of guys.

Not many would do better vs Silva in the stand up. We saw what he did to Franklin shortly after, for example.

Many grapplers would have exposed Lee though
Getting dominated isn't really a good bar for comparison. 'This guy didn't do as bad as this guy... He still did bad, but not as bad' Is just dumb.

Getting dominated isn't really a good bar for comparison. 'This guy didn't do as bad as this guy... He still did bad, but not as bad' Is just dumb.
You dont understand who his opponent was.
Which is dumb is calling him overrated based on how he did vs Anderson, when he still did better than most Anderson oponents, including the champion Franklin. Uber dumb. Shertard level of dumb

You dont understand who his opponent was.
Which is dumb is calling him overrated based on how he did vs Anderson, when he still did better than most Anderson oponents, including the champion Franklin. Uber dumb. Shertard level of dumb
Get his nuts out of your mouth bro. Accept reality.

Was Lee training out of London Shootfighters his whole career? I trained there a few times in 2002 and 2003 when they were based around Finsbury Park and always thought it was a great group of guys.
Yeah as far as I know that was the only place he trained. I remember him carrying kettle bells up and down the room during a class at one point and shouting. Dude was psycho.

Back