Canelo has outsold the UFC in PPV buys this year

Drop low/women weight classes, stop trying to shove them down our throat. Use the promotion you waste on them to build up fighters in higher weights and they will sell much better.

"Canelo-GGG was only over a million buys because of the shot in the arm boxing got from Conor" - Rogan and Schaub.

It is boxings best year in at least 12 years.
2015? It's def not the best year for boxing, it's just boxing match ups are getting better over the past two years and now that Floyd is retired, the new breed will step up and continue to keep people tuning in, while the UFC tends to make people turn the channel in its market today.

arent you trolling?
{<jordan}
{<jordan}
{<jordan}

"The crazy thing about this sport is we haven’t even scratched the surface on how big this thing is going to be. I know people think I’m a (expletive) lunatic when I say this, but it’s going to be the biggest sport in the world. Bigger than the NFL, bigger than soccer, bigger than anything out there., bigger than anything out there. In this country, nothing can compete with the NFL. But the NFL can’t go into other countries. Nobody gives a (expletive) about the NFL in England, Germany or any of these other places, because they didn’t grow up playing it. They don’t understand the rules. I don’t care what country you come from, what color you are, or what language you speak, at the end of the day we’re all human beings and fighting is in our DNA."
-Dana White

few months mma will be bigger than baseball, football and soccer combined.

PPV is a up and down business. Last year MMA probably quadrupled boxing numbers. Neither is dying. Boxing had their star Canelo fight twice. UFC never had their star fight in a UFC show this year. Take away Canelo and Conor and numbers look low regardless.

"The crazy thing about this sport is we haven’t even scratched the surface on how big this thing is going to be. I know people think I’m a (expletive) lunatic when I say this, but it’s going to be the biggest sport in the world. Bigger than the NFL, bigger than soccer, bigger than anything out there., bigger than anything out there. In this country, nothing can compete with the NFL. But the NFL can’t go into other countries. Nobody gives a (expletive) about the NFL in England, Germany or any of these other places, because they didn’t grow up playing it. They don’t understand the rules. I don’t care what country you come from, what color you are, or what language you speak, at the end of the day we’re all human beings and fighting is in our DNA."
-Dana White

few months mma will be bigger than baseball, football and soccer combined.
<{cruzshake}>

Well, McGregor vs Mayweather sold over 4 million PPV's, that has a lot to do with the UFC (Conor being their biggest star) and they definitely profited off of it.

Yea and Jones, Rousey, and Conor are gone and the UFC doesnt have shit left and everyone predicted it would happen
Canelo did two ppvs that year. one against Khan that did 650k and one against Liam Smith that did 300k.
Turns right around and does 1.2m and 1.3m this year.

Boxing has 10 guys right now that are future runners of the sport.
The UFC has a big goose egg.

How's Sage doing?

LOL, this is hilarious, i mean in WW alone we are seeing the rises of many solid prospect that can be future stars, Li jiang Li, Darren till, Kamaru Usman.

I mean people did say that about Liddell, when he is about to retire, and then comes GSP, Lesnar, AS and Jones. and when GSP and Lesnar leaves, Conor and Ronda came along.

and MMA is not just UFC, Bellator is doing awesome, ONE FC is doing awesome.

and if you want to look at the future of the sports, this might be anecdotal and doesn't mean a lot, but it is easier these days to find a boxing class in MMA gym rather than finding an actual boxing gym.

and mma has existed a lot longer than televised e-sports. But look how it is DOMINATING ufc's pitiful viewership.
58d0274cd349f91f008b58cc-2357

this is completely different, video game industry are huge, more people play video games than following sports seriously.

i mean, CMIIW Video game industry is bigger than Hollywood i think.

Its all because of Conor. Majority of their ppv sales from last year was Conor fighting 3 times. This year he fought zero times and did a boxing ppv instead.

Some one should tell TS that the UFC co promoted Mayweather vs Conor.

Boxing isn't a promotion.

You have to compare success of boxing promotions to the UFC. And I don't see any single boxing promotions out doing the UFC this year

Some one should tell TS that the UFC co promoted Mayweather vs Conor.

Boxing isn't a promotion.

You have to compare success of boxing promotions to the UFC. And I don't see any single boxing promotions out doing the UFC this year
quite possibly the dumbest excuse for MMA's inferiority that I've read this year.

Boxing > MMA

Back