Canelo has outsold the UFC in PPV buys this year

It's crazy how many Sherdoggers have stock in the UFC.

The UFCs problem has been titles not defended, champions with long breaks, money fights over legitimate contenders. There are a number of boring champions. Woodley s last defense was a great example.
Healthy Cain would be a big draw at hwt vs miocic. JJ getting short suspension helps. Good fights at mw once that belt is righted. Conor defending is huge. Tony, khabib, Nate and Lee ( I think staph hurt his tank a lot) are big fights. 135 has the mix of Cody, TJ, Dominic, and possibly MM.
WW, 145, and 125 as long as MM there are less compelling.
I’d personally pay to watch Joanna fight but that is the only WMMA fighter I’d pay to see. She has several good matchups.

There ar a number of non champion caliber fighters who can still draw. Cowboy, Nate, Anderson, Hunt, etc... there are several young guys with some buzz, Platinum, Gall, and Till.
Make the belts meaningful, get the champs to fight , and put together good cards and the numbers will improve. Perhaps have a decent back up fight ready to move up should there be a cancel late, that has sunk a few cards.

nice, why dont you just go and watch boxing then?

If Conor had fought Mayweather in MMA and sold those 4.4, the exact opposite would be the case.
The point is boxing took the ufcs biggest draw and turned him out, the ufc couldn't even get fucking fedor, you say that like the ufc putting that fight on was ever a possibility

Since Mayweather-McGregor, the UFC has yet to have a ppv do over 130k ppvs. I think the casuals have walked away from the sport. Why not? McGregor did.

yep. ufc sold out to boxing for a quick buck. Unfortunately their biggest star got embarrassed and it exposed the ufc.

The point is boxing took the ufcs biggest draw and turned him out, the ufc couldn't even get fucking fedor, you say that like the ufc putting that fight on was ever a possibility

No, UFC's biggest draw made Mayweather come out of retirement...

But obviously boxing is the old school thing, MMA hasn't taken over as of now. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Boxing has existed for a lot longer than MMA.

That's a major factor.
and mma has existed a lot longer than televised e-sports. But look how it is DOMINATING ufc's pitiful viewership.
58d0274cd349f91f008b58cc-2357

GGG played just as much a role in that ppv and the rematch should do well that was an amazing fight

UFC has had some mediocre cards but lots of injuries and suspensions

He'll of a year for fight fans tho

No, UFC's biggest draw made Mayweather come out of retirement...

But obviously boxing is the old school thing, MMA hasn't taken over as of now. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
what is with this narrative of MMA "taking over"? Do people say this in seriously? I thought it only existed as a meme to make fun of Dana White?

MMA will NEVER "take over" boxing. MMA viewership has been DECLINING since its peak during the TUF/Tapout era. It has been on life support for a while but we didnt realize it because Conor and Ronda raised its profile in the mainstream- and you can not sustain a sport on a handful of stars.

I have been watching mma for a long time and these "trash cards" are the best cards i have ever seen in my life.

UFC 216 was amazing, top to bottom, don't try to discredit cards like that because they didn't sold a lot of PPV.
Andre Ward vs Kovevev 1 and 2 didn't sold shit and they are two of the best fighters of this era.

But you are probably one of those obnoxious boxing fans that talk trash about mma on Sherdog.
Guess what, Sherdog is an mma forum, so if you don't like mma take your little troll friend DeJulez with you and get the fuck outta here.
What the fuck are you ranting about

I honestly don’t believe that Canelo Chavez number. That shit had no hype and it apparently did almost the same numbers as Canelo GGG?

And? How many good boxing fights this year?

what is with this narrative of MMA "taking over"? Do people say this in seriously? I thought it only existed as a meme to make fun of Dana White?

MMA will NEVER "take over" boxing. MMA viewership has been DECLINING since its peak during the TUF/Tapout era. It has been on life support for a while but we didnt realize it because Conor and Ronda raised its profile in the mainstream- and you can not sustain a sport on a handful of stars.
They need to abolish USADA, thanks to USADA Jones is out, trt Vitor is gone. Anderson Silva is not the same. No Ubereem, no brock, The list goes on. Theres a reason why Randy couture was competitive until late 40's. We need ratings and roided out super freaks are ratings magnets. I hate to admit it. People have been raised on superhero comic book movies. Trt Vitor and what he did in the cage is the closest you'll get to a real life super hero.

Boxing is corrupt. I don't believe anything they tell us including their PPV numbers

Back