Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

Why is he banned?
I'm pretty sure that dude has made some crazy racist posts, I mean legitimate overtly racist and hateful things. I was shocked he wasn't banned awhile back.

I'm pretty sure that dude has made some crazy racist posts, I mean legitimate overtly racist and hateful things. I was shocked he wasn't banned awhile back.
Like what? He was black wasnt he?

I find it hard to believe that anyone going to her concert wouldn't already have an idea of her viewpoints and how she addresses her white fans. If they want to pay to be treated like that it's on them.

lol .. so blacks being treated like shit in racist restaurants back in the day was on the black customers because they 'knew the restaurant's viewpoints' ? it's a bit disturbing how racism against whites is so easily dismissed and justified

I generally agree but i don't feel that asking some group to come forward is humiliating the rest.
Its like inviting certain people to something, nothing wrong with that but telling others you are not invited is to be avoided.

I don't know if she did the latter or if members of the invited crowd took it upon themselves to do so.

The problem is that the photographer who refused to move from her spot was demonized as a racist as though she is the problem in the world when she is not. The singer created an environment where people are divided and privileged by skin color. I am not understanding how dividing people by skin color is supposed to combat racism or send a message of unity between groups. How do you bring people together by dividing into groups of skin colour?

Like what? He was black wasnt he?

WiolentOne is Maori.

SlushyThankfulArcticwolf.gif

Time for Trump to annex Canada and send the cucks to Mexico.
Adios Justino!

lol .. so blacks being treated like shit in racist restaurants back in the day was on the black customers because they 'knew the restaurant's viewpoints' ? it's a bit disturbing how racism against whites is so easily dismissed and justified
Not at all. Should it be called out? Certainly, but it's my understanding this attitude is par for the course with this lady so I have limited sympathy for white fans that support her then are treated like this.

Now if they didn't really know her but just went for a show that's another matter entirely.

Either way, that's for Canada to deal with.

Not at all. Should it be called out? Certainly, but it's my understanding this attitude is par for the course with this lady so I have limited sympathy for white fans that support her then are treated like this.

Now if they didn't really know her but just went for a show that's another matter entirely.

Different culture, hard to judge

Who was removed by the artist and the concert distanced themselves from them. What issue remains unresolved here?

The performer asked the white photographer to move to the back. She refused. The refusal is the overt racism the organization complains of. The person who refused to move to the back because of her race, is the racist, according to the article.

As a Canadian, I find the entire episode disturbing. Not just that it's racist, yeah, that's disturbing on a surface level, but part of the culture here has always been about keeping to yourself. Not advertising your politics or being confrontational has always been a staple and it's part of the reason we're seen as nice; in reality we're nice in a not-friendly-but-polite way where everyone keeps to themselves. Shuffling people around, and even yelling at them because of their race flies in the face of all of that.

And above all of that, Canada doesn't have a history of slavery and Jim Crow. Race was never a hot-button topic here like the States, but it's becoming that way. I grew up along side all sorts of different people, and nobody every questioned it, and now that's changing. That's what's disturbing.

What's sad is that these types of people are creating racists. You can see younger people who are not yet mature lash out at colored people in a tit-for-tat of sorts. Instead of recognizing and rejecting the ideology, they play the game from the other side. Personally, I lost a lot of faith in humanity when this is not only tolerated, it's excused via mental gymnastics.

All of this racial nonsense is a far cry from King's Dream.

Rev.-Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-did-not-die-for-this-ignorance-photo-credit-Facebook1-778x570.jpg

The problem is that the photographer who refused to move from her spot was demonized as a racist as though she is the problem in the world when she is not. The singer created an environment where people are divided and privileged by skin color. I am not understanding how dividing people by skin color is supposed to combat racism or send a message of unity between groups. How do you bring people together by dividing into groups of skin colour?

Did the singer ask her to move back? Genuine question.

I have no issues with programs or actions designed to help those who are in greater need of help. If they exclusively help certain races that too is totally ok with me. Thus asking one group forward is a non issue.

However if in a search for equality programs are designed to push certain privileged groups back than that is not ok.

Tldr
X come forward is fine.
Y go backwards is not fine.

Did the singer ask her to move back? Genuine question.

I have no issues with programs or actions designed to help those who are in greater need of help. If they exclusively help certain races that too is totally ok with me. Thus asking one group forward is a non issue.

However if in a search for equality programs are designed to push certain privileged groups back than that is not ok.

Tldr
X come forward is fine.
Y go backwards is not fine.

From the article:

[Singer Lido Pimienta] frequently asks her audience to welcome people of colour to the front of the stage. In turn, she requests that white people move back.

From the article:

[Singer Lido Pimienta] frequently asks her audience to welcome people of colour to the front of the stage. In turn, she requests that white people move back.

Its still a bit vague if she did or didn't in this instance.

When she does she's just a racist of a different race.

Forget racism for a moment, what a cheap gesture on the part of this woman.
I encourage people on many sides to shame this cheap, pandering douche.

Its still a bit vague if she did or didn't in this instance.

When she does she's just a racist of a different race.

Yeah, there's a quote directly from the singer where she basically stops her set and waits for the woman to leave, calling her disrespectful for not moving to the back.

I posted it early on ITT, too lazy to dig it up.

I thought the person who refused to move was there volunteering to take photographs for the venue, meaning she was there more in a professional capacity than she was simply being a fan in attendance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back