Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

Not at all. Should it be called out? Certainly, but it's my understanding this attitude is par for the course with this lady so I have limited sympathy for white fans that support her then are treated like this.

Now if they didn't really know her but just went for a show that's another matter entirely.

Either way, that's for Canada to deal with.
It was a festival with other acts, it is really likely there were not there only for her. Would bet some of them were not there for her.

i don't get it

is he just pretending this thread never happened?

what am i missing here?

He's just a goof tbh. So there isn't really much to see in the 1st place.

Good to see you around btw bud

I started asking men specifically to go to the back of the room because in my 15+ years of attending shows, both on stage and in the audience, men make it unsafe for me to be in such spaces.

When I started asking womxn to the front, I noticed how white women were usually at the front and brown girls would be behind the white girls, a bit more shy, a bit more restrained. Even at HPX, I had to call out a few black girls who were "too shocked" and felt I was "putting them on the spot" by saying, "Girl come to the front! This is for you!" As an immigrant, as an Afro-Indigenous person, as an intersectional feminist, as a mother and all of the other signifiers that qualify me as "other," I understand what it is like to not see yourself in the media, to not see yourself in institutions and to not see yourself represented or reflected at a music show, because the "artist of colour" (and I put that in quotation marks because even that term is extremely problematic), we don’t get to see each other at that level.

My being on stage in an otherwise mainly white folk artist bill, in Nova Scotia, a province famous for the segregation and mistreatment of African Nova Scotians, was not meant to be an act of HATE AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE. It was meant, as it has always been to me, [as] an act of love for the children of these African Nova Scotians, the children of Somalian refugees who ended up somehow in Halifax, and for the children of the many immigrant and migrant folks who, just like my mother, one day arrived in Canada with a specific narrative but the same story of "hoping for a better future." But still for us, the children of these immigrants, it is still quite strange, the act of enjoying ourselves uninterrupted by a white person who feels threatened by our presence.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...s-out-after-racism-controversy-at-halifax-pop

Lol I wouldn't be moving anywhere

This is the type of shit that turns people racist. Oh well, I never heard of her. So glad that I was born with white skin.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?
07-minister.jpg

Imagine being too dumb to realize you're racist.

Imagine being too dumb to realize you're racist.

She gave white people an "invitation" to move to the back. And she made a "request" that men and white people move to the back.

This Cuban Hitler singer doesn't understand what a request is. Requests can be denied. She was enforcing her request by stopping her show and getting event organizers involved, and thus, she made a rule that white people CAN'T be up front.

It is overt racism, and somehow the regressive left is twisting this issue into a "white people were racist" thing.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited:
She gave white people an "invitation" to move to the back. And she made a "request" that men and white people move to the back.

This Cuban Hitler singer doesn't understand what a request is. Requests can be denied. She was enforcing her request by stopping her show and getting event organizers involved, and thus, she made a rule that white people CAN'T be up front.

It is overt racism, and somehow the regressive left is twisting this issue into a "white people were racist" thing.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

She's also an immigrant. If Canada is that cruel and unfair, then leave. Other than native Canadians, the other groups she talks about (oppressed Somalis) are also immigrants.

She's also an immigrant. If Canada is that cruel and unfair, then leave. Other than native Canadians, the other groups she talks about (oppressed Somalis) are also immigrants.

That might be one of the worst liberal double standards. They preach how racist, sexist and oppressive the US and Canada are, but at the same time they argue in favor of open border and immigration. Why would they want to subject foreigners to our cruel countries?

And FFS, Canada doesn't even have a major history of slavery or oppression. I just roll my eyes when I see BLM in Canada. lmao

How does she pronounce that? (And how does she pronoun that, while we're at it?)

You want a laugh? Explain the whole zer thing to an elderly person that's not on the internet. You might as well be asking them to join your new Hale Bopp family.

You want a laugh? Explain the whole zer thing to an elderly person that's not on the internet. You might as well be asking them to join your new Hale Bopp family.

I've got my Nikes on, and I have my applesauce and Vodka ready to go.

Beam me up Scotty!

I went through 11 pages just for a response from @panamaican

Great poster but did not follow his line of thought here at all.

This is what’s going on in Canada right now,we have a prime minister and liberal government trying to fill our country with Muslim migrants who are fighting our laws and our customs tooth and nail just like in UK. They are turning our commonwealth brothers nation into a shit hole and moving on to us. You Americans have no clue how lucky you are to have a president who doesn’t want this shit in his country.

Back