Canadian PM violates ethics law

Trudeau said sorry after trying to hide the fact that he was on vacation with Aga Khan in the first place. It was the National Post that broke the story. He then lied about the cost of the trip and the details while trying his best to avoid answering any questions about the trip. There is a video on YouTube where Trudeau is asked 18 times how many times he has been questioned by the ethics commissioner about the vacation and he answers with the same talking point every single time. It took him over a year to apologize and he only apologized because he got caught.

the smug look as he refuses to answer a simple question is the worst part

i liked how the opposition kept trying, enunciating it differently like was SPED hahahahahahhaaaa

I don't understand how it's "could face an investigation". There should be no doubt of the need to look into this. The conflict of interest is obvious.

What blows me away is that this is suddenly news. People were calling foul and Trudeau was just getting off the private helicopter to begin his "vacation".

What blows me away is that this is suddenly news. People were calling foul and Trudeau was just getting off the private helicopter to begin his "vacation".

Any retard could could have told you something was foul when they heard about the vacation, but it took the ethics commissioner over a year to come to that conclusion. The rich and powerful play by different rules. If a regular Joe like a teacher or lawyer was involved in a conflict of interests scandal they would lose their job. Trudeau, the prime minister of Canada, only has to face some temporary embarrassment and can continue on with business as usual.

I'm optimistic that the mounting stupidity of this guy is finally worming its way into public consciousness. Too bad we have almost 2 more years under this buffoon.

I'm optimistic that the mounting stupidity of this guy is finally worming its way into public consciousness. Too bad we have almost 2 more years under this buffoon.

It is also shocking it has taken almost 2 years for many people to catch on that Trudeau is not all Sunny Ways. The guy has been an all style no substance scumbag even before he was elected as PM. I still have a hard time believing this smug clown was elected in the first place.

I wonder if Jack Layton would have won if he were still alive in 2015.

Any retard could could have told you something was foul when they heard about the vacation, but it took the ethics commissioner over a year to come to that conclusion. The rich and powerful play by different rules. If a regular Joe like a teacher or lawyer was involved in a conflict of interests scandal they would lose their job. Trudeau, the prime minister of Canada, only has face some temporary embarrassment and can continue on with business as usual.

I hate the NDP but Singh nailed it the other day when he said the lack of any form of punishment here highlights the blatant above the law status that our politicians hold.

And I think this is Dawson's last FU to the feds on her way out, especially with the way they hurried to secretly select her replacement.

It is also shocking it has taken almost 2 years for many people to catch on that Trudeau is not all Sunny Ways. The guy has been an all style no substance scumbag even before he was elected as PM. I still have a hard time believing this smug clown was elected in the first place.
The biggest insult I can think of is I'd take either Hillary or Trump over this guy. Think on that.

I hate the NDP but Singh nailed it the other day when he said the lack of any form of punishment here highlights the blatant above the law status that our politicians hold.

And I think this is Dawson's last FU to the feds on her way out, especially with the way they hurried to secretly select her replacement.

I think Mary Dawson was pissed off because Morneau and Trudeau kept blaming her for Morneau's incompetence and the way the liberals brought in the new ethics commissioner. As a consequence, she gave Trudeau a wonderful goodbye present with a middle finger on top.

I think this is a fair punishment for Trudeau's ethics violation:

Trudeau should reimburse cost of his Bahamas trip to taxpayers, opposition says

Opposition parties are calling on Justin Trudeau to pay back taxpayers for his pricey trip to the Aga Khan's private island after the Ethics Commissioner ruled the Prime Minister broke Canada's ethics law over two all-expenses-paid family trips to the Bahamas.

"The Prime Minister should consider making good on a significant part or perhaps all of the $215,000 in security costs, in staffing costs, in technical costs, in Prime Minister's Office support costs – financed with hard-earned Canadian taxpayer dollars," Mr. Kent said in an interview.

DRhWmUbVQAE2wP_

From the commission report.
I want to find out which Canadian Corporation and which foreign country the Aga Khan needed PMO intervention.

Back