Canadian girl who's throat was cut by Muslim, sues UBC

Student attacked in dormitory sues UBC

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...es-ubc/ar-AAzZTag?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

VANCOUVER - A young woman whose throat was slashed inside a University of British Columbia student residence has filed a lawsuit against the school alleging negligence.

The notice of civil claim says Mary Hare was inside her room in Salish House in October 2016 when international student Thamer Almestadi entered carrying a knife.

Almestadi's trial heard he knocked on the 19-year-old's door, slit her throat and started choking her before other students pulled him off.

A court found the teen not criminally responsible because he was suffering from a psychotic episode in which he believed the Qur'an had sent him a message to kill Hare.

Hare alleges in the lawsuit filed in B.C. Supreme Court that UBC failed to install or properly install a peephole or any chains, bars or latches that would allow a door to be opened safely while remaining locked and preventing unwanted entry of potential assailants.

Incredible. Want to commit some Jihad and get away with it? Just come to Canada and blame the Qur'an for your actions.

So, should the university be responsible for protecting their students from Islamic attacks? In my opinion yes considering Islam is rapidly spreading thanks to progressive libs.

I don’t think that’s what she’s suing for.

I don't know anything about the school to say if they should be held criminally liable, but the guy who slashed her throat should be fed to a pack of wolves. There's no place for that kind of shit in society(obviously).

It's baffling that he was acquitted at trial, simply baffling.

<{vega}>

I posted the part where shes suing because the university didn't provide adequate protection against Islamic attacks.

Oh. In that case you asked a very strange. Is there an epidemic of Islam inspired attacks at that particular Uni? I don’t keep up with Canadian news so I don’t know.

Our justice system may be soft (however, not really in comparison to most others in the West, just look at the living conditions in "jail" for Norway's most prolific mass murderer), but at least it isn't quite as easy to just buy your way out, like it is in the States. Also, temporary insanity can be a valid defense in virtually every reformed justice system. But yea, let's all keep freaking out, Canada's is turning into a Muslim country, the West is burning, etc.

Hare alleges in the lawsuit filed in B.C. Supreme Court that UBC failed to install or properly install a peephole or any chains, bars or latches that would allow a door to be opened safely while remaining locked and preventing unwanted entry of potential assailants.

What I'm hearing is that she doesn't know how to ask "Who is it?" and that she would refuse to open the door if she knew it was a Muslim. :D

canada is an utter joke when it comes to justice ..

li_000.jpg

never forget

In case anyone is interested, here is a summary of prominent cases involving successful and unsuccessful arguments for being 'not criminally responsible' by reason of mental disorder with some follow-up regarding the accuseds' course after trial:
https://globalnews.ca/news/2718174/list-canadas-prominent-not-criminally-responsible-ncr-cases/

LIST: Canada’s prominent not criminally responsible (NCR) cases
Gregory Despres: Fatally stabbed two elderly neighbours in Minto, N.B., in 2005, decapitating one of them.
Elaine Campione: Drowned her daughters, ages three and 19 months, in a bathtub in 2006 during a custody battle with her ex-husband.
Glen Race: Pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of Trevor Brewster and second-degree murder of Paul Michael Knott. ...
Allan Schoenborn: Killed his three children, ages 10, eight and five, ...
Vincent Li: Fatally stabbed and beheaded Tim McLean, the young man sleeping next to him on a Greyhound Bus ...
Francis Proulx: Shot Nancy Michaud, an aide to a Quebec cabinet minister, in the head after taking her hostage while her two children slept in 2008. He took credit cards and banking information and had sex with her corpse. ...
Guy Turcotte: Fatally stabbed his three-year-old daughter and five-year-old son ...
Miloslav Kapsik: Bludgeoned his wife to death with a hammer, hitting her more than 100 times while they were watching a hockey game ...
Richar Kachkar: Stole a snow plow in the early morning of Jan. 12, 2011, and in the middle of a two-hour rampage with it he hit and killed Toronto police Sgt. Ryan Russell. ...
Luka Rocca Magnotta: Killed and dismembered Chinese exchange student Jun Lin ... ("I mean this guy was a real jerk.")
Trevor Kloschinsky: Killed Alberta peace officer Rod Lazenby, 62, who had come to his rural property in August 2012 investigate a dog complaint. ...

Last edited:
Our justice system may be soft (however, not really in comparison to most others in the West, just look at the living conditions in "jail" for Norway's most prolific mass murderer), but at least it isn't quite as easy to just buy your way out, like it is in the States. Also, temporary insanity can be a valid defense in virtually every reformed justice system. But yea, let's all keep freaking out, Canada's is turning into a Muslim country, the West is burning, etc.
The pendulum can't swing back fast enough for either of our countries.

The pendulum can't swing back fast enough for either of our countries.

If you're an optimist, you believe that after Trump goes in 2024, the Dems will come to power with a center-left government that's abandoned the identity politics, the coercive group-think and the condescending moral grand standing. You'll also believe that we will get a grounded Conservative government that doesn't practice the SJW version of bro science, realizes that going toe to toe with the US on trade is certain self mutilation, embraces due process as opposed to 'guilty before proven innocent', and doesn't acquiesce to every little fucking environmental advocacy or indigenous rights group standing in the way of improving our competitiveness in the energy sector.

If you're a pessimist you believe that as the pendulum begins to swing to the other direction it gains more momentum over the next 5ish years, and ends up at a new extreme. Then imagine a couple of more pendulum swings following the same trend over the next 20ish years and shit starts to look frightening.

If you're an optimist, you believe that after Trump goes in 2024, the Dems will come to power with a center-left government that's abandoned the identity politics, the coercive group-think and the condescending moral grand standing. You'll also believe that we will get a grounded Conservative government that doesn't practice the SJW version of bro science, realizes that going toe to toe with the US on trade is certain self mutilation, embraces due process as opposed to 'guilty before proven innocent', and doesn't acquiesce to every little fucking environmental advocacy or indigenous rights group standing in the way of improving our competitiveness in the energy sector.

If you're a pessimist you believe that as the pendulum begins to swing to the other direction it gains more momentum over the next 5ish years, and ends up at a new extreme. Then imagine a couple of more pendulum swings following the same trend over the next 20ish years and shit starts to look frightening.
I shit you not when I say that I am sufficiently old enough and have enough of a family history of heart related problems that I take solace in the idea that I will likely be dead and gone before our current path of extreme social progressivism comes into full power.

I never understood the mentally ill excuse. Of course the guy is mentally ill. Normal people do not slit other people's throats because the Quran told them to. The fact that the guy is mentally ill is all the more reason to keep the lunatic away from society.
Watch Dagestan Massacre. Normal people do, if they believe in Islam. A whole village took part in it. Were they all insane? It is the belief system of Islam and it should be wiped out.

So, I live like... 45 minutes away and over the border from UBC and this is literally the first time I have heard about this.
That's the Canadian "media" for you.

She should sue, and then I hope she wins. She should then sue Canadien gubment because they had a hand in this, and I hope she wins that too.

Islam is rapidly spreading thanks to progressive libs.

hhahahahahahaha

let me guess, youre about 20.

youve been spun out of control by partisan media. i heard "libs" kill puppies too.

Back