Canada Man Found Guilty of Polygamy. 27 wives, 145 children.

It is just my opinion. There are pros and cons to it. It is a stretch to say it leads to demographic issues everywhere a lot of countries were it is allowed have a certain limit to the number of wives you can have. Again to avoid demographic issues. In the Western world the egalitarian thing is the only thing that prevents Polygyny. However, I could see people being for Polygamy (meaning both Polyandry and Polygyny). And most of these countries below that do allow Polygamy are mostly Muslim so I imagine only Polygyny is allowed.

imgw_polygamy-map-2.jpg

Aside from war or similar cause of a lack of men, what would be the demographic benefit though?
Polyandry is rare because it makes no biological sense (it's often linked to the belief in the possibility of children having multiple biological fathers).
As per this story, that chart doesn't really tell you much about practice. Papua New Guinea may have outlawed polygamy from 2015, but I doubt the practice is about to stop.

If gay marriage is legal then this should be legal.

You should only get 1 wife and kids for tax purposes and that marriage is the "official " one. Then you can marry in a religious way as many as they want but with no tax break.

Aside from war or similar cause of a lack of men, what would be the demographic benefit though?
Polyandry is rare because it makes no biological sense (it's often linked to the belief in the possibility of children having multiple biological fathers).
As per this story, that chart doesn't really tell you much about practice. Papua New Guinea may have outlawed polygamy from 2015, but I doubt the practice is about to stop.

To my knowledge the demographic benefits are in the 'strongest' most desirable genes and sperm being passed on? And a higher birthrate? Idk id have to dig up the old pieces I found but if you google it you will see pros and cons. Monogamy benefits more men in the current structure of today's society since every man more or less gets 1 woman and therefore gets his sex. Prior to monogamy or 'marriage' for love in the old old days of our ancestors we had communal type living from what I have heard and ready and we had non-monogamous tribal societies. How it worked back then was quite simple 40% of men never reproduced while like 80% of women did (unless they were killed). That means a good 1/2 the male population was getting the scraps the lowest looking girls and often not reproducing with them or not having them frequently enough to impregnate them. This arrangement worked though cause it was a different time and it was all humans knew and the ruling men ensured their power and arrangements via force. The lower males were of course compensated via having the scraps. In today's world it wouldn't work you could only transition to a largely non-monogamous society if you went back to communal living and promiscuous society and organized something ala Huxley's Brave New World scenario. Otherwise yeah the common average non-elite males would likely riot and protest the system.

And Papua New Guinea is just an entirely different beast lol. In any case I think there are legitimate arguments for legalizing polgyamy and perhaps putting a limit to the number of spouses.

I don't think the international polygamy lobby is as well financed as it would take to push that through.
Each person that supports it has like 20 wives and 100 kids...so the numbers are probably there.

What's the appeal for 27 wives to be interested? Do they all have low self esteem and low intelligence?

My greatest regret is that at 35 I have no children. I have done pretty much everything else I wanted to do with my life. Now is I marry it will need to be to a women much young to me to be of breeding age. this guy is a real man right here.

Hey, we need more guys like him. Keep the white race alive while we can. The future doesn't look good for whitey.

that is true Pretty much mormons and evangelicals are keeping the white race alive. Women on the coasts are pretty much infertile by choice.

Well that is just disgusting.

Also,I think most people are ignoring the high levels of abuse that go on in these situations.

To my knowledge the demographic benefits are in the 'strongest' most desirable genes and sperm being passed on? And a higher birthrate? Idk id have to dig up the old pieces I found but if you google it you will see pros and cons. Monogamy benefits more men in the current structure of today's society since every man more or less gets 1 woman and therefore gets his sex. Prior to monogamy or 'marriage' for love in the old old days of our ancestors we had communal type living from what I have heard and ready and we had non-monogamous tribal societies. How it worked back then was quite simple 40% of men never reproduced while like 80% of women did (unless they were killed). That means a good 1/2 the male population was getting the scraps the lowest looking girls and often not reproducing with them or not having them frequently enough to impregnate them. This arrangement worked though cause it was a different time and it was all humans knew and the ruling men ensured their power and arrangements via force. The lower males were of course compensated via having the scraps. In today's world it wouldn't work you could only transition to a largely non-monogamous society if you went back to communal living and promiscuous society and organized something ala Huxley's Brave New World scenario. Otherwise yeah the common average non-elite males would likely riot and protest the system.

And Papua New Guinea is just an entirely different beast lol. In any case I think there are legitimate arguments for legalizing polgyamy and perhaps putting a limit to the number of spouses.

Not really related to your post, but an interesting tidbit with regard to the men/women demographic balance and selection...

I read one theory about how the white race evolved...it had to do with the fact that a lot of men died either fighting or hunting, which meant that women were more numerous than men, thus women had to compete for men. In the north it's harder to scratch a living so northern women in particular needed men to help provide even more so than other populations. Men had the power of choosing mates, preferred women with lighter skin, thus that trait slowly manifested over the generations as women with lighter skin were more desirable. That theory also said blond hair comes from wheat consumption. Just like flamingos feathers turn pink do to a diet of pinkish brine shrimp, blond hair developed do to the consumption of golden colored wheat. Who knows, maybe God made us this way, interesting theory nonetheless.

Last edited:
FYI, if you havent seen the HBO series Big Love, give it a shot. The first 2 seasons are really good and shows the creepier side of polygamy. It also stars the late Bill Paxton, RIP.

FYI, if you havent seen the HBO series Big Love, give it a shot. The first 2 seasons are really good and shows the creepier side of polygamy. It also stars the late Bill Paxton, RIP.

Woah, I didn't know he died. Frailty and A Simple Plan were two of my personal favs. This is one time where you don't have to pretend he was a good actor just because he's dead, dude was legit great.

Last edited:
I never understand how these situations work.

First, how does this guy get anything done at all?

Second, assuming he doesnt dope up his wives with mind-altering chemicals, why would these women go for it? Even if he has sex 3X a day, thats still 24 women who arent getting any for at least a week unless they are all bi and bang each other in the meantime. Between banging and rearing kids does anyone work?

Maybe he has one of these next to his bed and the wives all stand in line and take a number:

20151117184232-take-a-number-ticket-machine.jpeg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-polygamy-trial-1.4218735

winston-blackmore.jpg

A former religious leader in B.C. has been found guilty of polygamy after marrying more than two dozen women over the course of 25 years.

Winston Blackmore was accused of practising "celestial" marriage in the fundamentalist community of Bountiful, B.C.

In court on Monday, Justice Sheri Ann Donegan said he "subscribed to beliefs and practices of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, including plural marriages and celestial marriages."

The court ruled in 2011 that laws banning polygamy were constitutional and did not violate religious freedoms guaranteed in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

----

Many people think even one wife is one too many, but the look on this guy's face says it all.

What says the WR- Is this the correct ruling? Why shouldn't a man marry dozens of women?
Gaze upon that man's hideous face and now look at his progeny, know that this is the true face of the alpha male.
Its always hip and cool when its twinks and girls with purple hair doing it but Lord forbid a straight white male wants to sire 145 kids with 27 women.

I knew it would be BC before I even opened it.

My greatest regret is that at 35 I have no children. I have done pretty much everything else I wanted to do with my life. Now is I marry it will need to be to a women much young to me to be of breeding age. this guy is a real man right here.
I had my first kid at 33, second at 36, you still have time.

Back