Canada Man Found Guilty of Polygamy. 27 wives, 145 children.

dontsnitch

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-polygamy-trial-1.4218735

winston-blackmore.jpg

A former religious leader in B.C. has been found guilty of polygamy after marrying more than two dozen women over the course of 25 years.

Winston Blackmore was accused of practising "celestial" marriage in the fundamentalist community of Bountiful, B.C.

In court on Monday, Justice Sheri Ann Donegan said he "subscribed to beliefs and practices of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, including plural marriages and celestial marriages."

The court ruled in 2011 that laws banning polygamy were constitutional and did not violate religious freedoms guaranteed in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

----

Many people think even one wife is one too many, but the look on this guy's face says it all.

What says the WR- Is this the correct ruling? Why shouldn't a man marry dozens of women?

I get the feeling that a person wouldn't have enough time/energy/whatever to put into that many relationships for them to be healthy and fulfilling.

Btw, why is it always really fat unattractive guys that have so many wives? How does that happen???

nice

its always been my dream to be like genghis khan and impregnate half of the world. this guy is livin' the dream

Jesus fuck, didn't even catch the 145 children . . .

Banging twenty-seven 2's is like banging five 10's.

Thank you for including his picture in the OP, it sums everything up nicely

Surprising that polygamy is illegal in this day and age

What if three gay people want to get married? All of a sudden it would become a human rights issue.

Last edited:
It would suck to be a young man in that community. One guy with twenty-seven wives means around twenty-six guys with no wife. Unless they are selecting for a ratio of one male child born for every twenty-seven female children born.

Also, in the U.S. they say it costs around a quarter million to raise a child to eighteen, at that cost, 145 kids would be $36,250,000. There must be some serious hand me down action going on.

I don't understand why polygamy is illegal.

Anyone care to explain? If it's between consenting adults, I don't see the problem.

27 wives and 145 kids is the last fucking thing I want, but I don't see why it's a crime.

Poor sap.

I'm not sure what the harm is, though. Consenting adults.

Anyone care to explain? If it's between consenting adults, I don't see the problem.

27 wives and 145 kids is the last fucking thing I want, but I don't see why it's a crime.

i dont either

or at least why polygamy is illegal but same sex marriage isnt

Banging twenty-seven 2's is like banging five 10's.

They're probably older now but going by his daughters I'm guessing the wives are distributed on a standard bell curve of attractiveness

creston-b-c-october-9-2014-winston-blackmore-with-fam.jpeg

They're probably older now but going by his daughters I'm guessing the wives are distributed on a standard bell curve of attractiveness

creston-b-c-october-9-2014-winston-blackmore-with-fam.jpeg

He's got 145 kids, approximately half of whom are female, and these were probably the best-looking of the lot.

Blonde in the blue top might be worth converting for, though.

A cursory search claims that polygamy is illegal partly because it's unfair to women.

When you think of it, how often are these women having sexy time with ol' Winston? If he has sex with one wife a night, it's only once a month for the ladies.

I remember reading one time that in the West, it originates with the Visigothic Code of Law, Lex Visigothorum. Other codes of Law like the Westrogothic Code of Law, the Leges Barborum Code of Law, the Hednalagen Code of Law, and Brehon Law didn't outlaw polygamy. That's what I remember from a long time ago, so I could be wrong.

Probably something to do with Spain being influential in early Catholicism or Roman influence. I know the Romans extolled the virtue of the Germanics for their monogamy.

Last edited:
Just move to Utah. Problem solved.

Back