Canada Man Found Guilty of Polygamy. 27 wives, 145 children.

Oh good BC is a state now. Good riddance. You want Quebec too? I'm willing to let it go at a decent price.

Realized after I posted it was in Canada. Was waiting for someone to point out my error. :oops:

Isn't Quebec where all the Frenchies are? We don't need any non-assimilators so pass.

I have 1 wife and 2 kids and I'm about to lose my mind...

"A former religious leader"

this is my issue, though i doubt its a legal one.

there was plenty of religious coercion that goes on in cases like this. and inevitable younger and younger brides.

"A former religious leader"

this is my issue, though i doubt its a legal one.

there was plenty of religious coercion that goes on in cases like this. and inevitable younger and younger brides.
Not like Mormons have a history with that

He's got 145 kids, approximately half of whom are female, and these were probably the best-looking of the lot.

Blonde in the blue top might be worth converting for, though.
The one on the far right doesn't look too bad but you're right, that blonde is the best of the bunch.
What's the appeal for 27 wives to be interested? Do they all have low self esteem and low intelligence?
Money and/or authority in their community I'd bet.
Well that is just disgusting.

Also,I think most people are ignoring the high levels of abuse that go on in these situations.
Does he even have time to abuse all those wives? Or maybe they abuse each other? As in, there's a hierarchy of wives. But if he does have such a hierarchy what's the rating based on? Order of marriage, age, attractiveness, personal favor with the husband? I don't think domestic abuse has ever been so complicated...

My greatest regret is that at 35 I have no children. I have done pretty much everything else I wanted to do with my life. Now is I marry it will need to be to a women much young to me to be of breeding age. this guy is a real man right here.
Its good to be careful but the increased risk from older women might not be as high as you think. Its something like 3-4% chance for birth defects for women past 35 and up to 40, compared to 1-2% for the general population. As far as anecdotal evidence goes, my cousin had both her kids after 40 and they're doing just fine.

Not saying go after a cougar but just saying that a woman only a few years younger than you might not be a problem and the smaller age gap might help any marriage. Then again the uncle of mine married to said cousin is like 10 years older than her so maybe she wasn't the best counter-example to your point...

I don't understand why polygamy is illegal.

Anyone care to explain? If it's between consenting adults, I don't see the problem.

27 wives and 145 kids is the last fucking thing I want, but I don't see why it's a crime.

Because he is White, making lots of white babies. Had he been Muslim Trudeau would have him on the CBC receiving a medal(s)

?

i wasn't implying any particular religion. i was implying any and all.
Church of Latter Day saints is another way of saying Mormon. This "religious leader" is a Mormon.

145 children by 27 different women... lots of jokes to be made there but I'm not going to touch that :D

So, you were agreeing with me
My statement was sarcastic. So I was affirming that the Mormon faith does, indeed, have a huge problem with abuse and child brides.

FYI, if you havent seen the HBO series Big Love, give it a shot. The first 2 seasons are really good and shows the creepier side of polygamy. It also stars the late Bill Paxton, RIP.

it s a good show, i think.

My greatest regret is that at 35 I have no children. I have done pretty much everything else I wanted to do with my life. Now is I marry it will need to be to a women much young to me to be of breeding age. this guy is a real man right here.

Marrying younger is better anyway.

Time for you to find a wife now man. It's hard to find woman who don't have kids the older you get.

cause thats what the world needs, not only MORE people but even less genetic diversity.

What's the appeal for 27 wives to be interested? Do they all have low self esteem and low intelligence?

I read a book about it, I think it was called Escape. Anyway alot of these women go along with it, they are not forced, they are just deluded. Most these women believed it was all fine and dandy. Alot of power plays going on, hot younger wives, favourite children etc etc.

Im sure it was based in Utah.

Last edited:
Back