Canada becomes second nation in the world to legalize marijuana

When it's fully rolled out in BC they were talking about having it sold at BC Liquor (provincial liquor store) as the authorized distributor. So buying weed from folks who know nothing about weed.
As per the Instagram below, will be govt stores private stores and online in BC. With the new law they will actually be able to shut down certain stores though in all provinces easier than before.

I have a Cannabis Culture store down the street from me where you don't need a card or anything, you just have to prove you're 19 and they'll sell you pot. So it's basically legal in Vancouver already. I'll sometimes stop for a pre-rolled joint there after the bar or if I'm heading to the beach. It's almost too easy. I'm just hoping when it rolls out as legitimately legal, they don't limit where it's sold and cut out some of the pot shops here. I don't wanna have to buy my weed from fucking Deborah at the BC Liquor Store.
that is the way Ontario is going so I would not be shocked if BC follows. Ontario is using the LCBO (Liquor Control Board) and their store front outlets for the sale of all legal pot, so they can increase the bloat of that agency and be held hostage even more by that very strong, over paid union.

The only good thing that cuck Trudeau did for Canada.

that is the way Ontario is going so I would not be shocked if BC follows. Ontario is using the LCBO (Liquor Control Board) and their store front outlets for the sale of all legal pot, so they can increase the bloat of that agency and be held hostage even more by that very strong, over paid union.

One of the main things I miss about Alberta and Sask is all of the private liquor stores open until 2am. It's impossible to buy beer out here after 11pm. I don't want the same issue with weed.

God bless Canada.
<GinJuice>

C'mon Florida, get your shit together

Well, it isn't like it was a big deal before this anyways. No one really got into trouble for pot here in the first place.

Legalization date set for October 17th.

It's about fucking time.

UPDATE:
Legalization date set for October 17th.

IMO....they can fuck off with their legalization.....its just a money grabbing control scheme.....
sure there are some minor lifting of restrictions previously in place but who cares...was anyone in the country worried about walking around with a small bag of weed on them?? was anyone really worried about having a plant or two around the house? I mean aside from the ...out of sight... caring, they laxed slightly on minor stuff...like ooooo you can buy some from a store! great....I had no problem finding and/or buying weed before all this

they eased up on that stuff but are planning on making the penalties way harsher for people outside of their minor parameters ...its BS

decriminalize it ..... or gtfo

Good for Canada. For the reasons that @CerebralKnievel pointed out, this is a good idea. It reduces the crime surrounding weed (gangs, dealer-on-dealer stuff, stick-up crews), makes the drug safer (no add-ons), and most importantly, it cuts the balls off the cartels in Mexico. Always nice to see major criminal organizations get kicked in the mouth.

This is all fine and dandy but I'll still be seeing my "black market" dealer or my online sources. In Ontario if they use the plan set in place by the recently defeated Liberals they will open a total of 41 stores for all of Ontario to start. The city of Toronto alone could probably use 40+ stores. They plan to open 1 in the Niagara Region where I live and it will be in Niagara Falls, aprox 30 minute drive from where I live. I've also been told by perscrip users that the approved companies the govt uses to grow weed do not do a good job of leaching any chemicals out of the plant prior to cutting and curing.

If the new PC government wants to talk about allowing local dispensaries to open (or stay open) I'd be willing to listen.

Good for Canada. For the reasons that @CerebralKnievel pointed out, this is a good idea. It reduces the crime surrounding weed (gangs, dealer-on-dealer stuff, stick-up crews), makes the drug safer (no add-ons), and most importantly, it cuts the balls off the cartels in Mexico. Always nice to see major criminal organizations get kicked in the mouth.

The decline in revenue to the cartels is the best product of this sort of shift. Those people are human scum and should be executed to the last member.

The decline in revenue to the cartels is the best product of this sort of shift. Those people are human scum and should be executed to the last member.
tenor.gif

This is all fine and dandy but I'll still be seeing my "black market" dealer or my online sources. In Ontario if they use the plan set in place by the recently defeated Liberals they will open a total of 41 stores for all of Ontario to start. The city of Toronto alone could probably use 40+ stores. They plan to open 1 in the Niagara Region where I live and it will be in Niagara Falls, aprox 30 minute drive from where I live. I've also been told by perscrip users that the approved companies the govt uses to grow weed do not do a good job of leaching any chemicals out of the plant prior to cutting and curing.

If the new PC government wants to talk about allowing local dispensaries to open (or stay open) I'd be willing to listen.

That's unfortunate - what you said about poor quality. Here in California it is treated like craft beer and they are extremely.. Hipster-y about it. Then again, I live in SF, so I'm sure quality may vary from place to place as one leaves the more affluent centers.

st catharines is getting an outlet for it.
Plus online options will be available for delivery.

That's unfortunate - what you said about poor quality. Here in California it is treated like craft beer and they are extremely.. Hipster-y about it. Then again, I live in SF, so I'm sure quality may vary from place to place as one leaves the more affluent centers.
We have craft growers and dispensaries here too but they are still illegal, however many of them are left alone. The plan under the liberal government was to have it run as a monopoly by our liquor control board and when the government is involved you can be sure the lowest bids win. Most of these profit driven growing corporations have already proven in the medical prescription industry to be hated by the end users for supplying a product that needs constant relighting, the ashes are generally black and hard needing to be physically tapped to break free from the joint. I've heard about people being sickened by some of these badly leached strains. I'm hopeful the new conservative govt will allow this to run in Ontario via a network of privately owned dispensaries.

Any sewer-dwelling loser that even thinks about smoking this shit should be shot on sight.

st catharines is getting an outlet for it.
Plus online options will be available for delivery.
From what I've heard it's only Niagara Falls getting one immediately.

Back