Canada becomes second nation in the world to legalize marijuana

I have a Cannabis Culture store down the street from me where you don't need a card or anything, you just have to prove you're 19 and they'll sell you pot. So it's basically legal in Vancouver already. I'll sometimes stop for a pre-rolled joint there after the bar or if I'm heading to the beach. It's almost too easy. I'm just hoping when it rolls out as legitimately legal, they don't limit where it's sold and cut out some of the pot shops here. I don't wanna have to buy my weed from fucking Deborah at the BC Liquor Store.

Who buys weed at the liquor store?

Good for them. Make it 21 up, just like alcohol. It is no worse than booze, and prosecuting it is a pointless drain on government resources as well as a detriment to society via prosecution of decent people and the avenues for criminal enterprise which it opens up.

Yes but it’s the exception and not the rule. Same can’t be said in the USA as I understand it.

Well, federally it is still illegal due to the stubborn, brainless, corrupt morons we have running our senate and house.

In California, it is now simply 21 up - no different than alcohol. I don't smoke myself, but I bought some once just to see what the experience was like. They basically took the jar of the demon weed and put it in a safety childproof lock bag. Was a very polished operation.

To your point, plenty of jobs basically prohibit you from ever using marijuana anyway, as they test their employees. For instance, in SF, bus drivers are tested randomly.

Depends. I think it's less prevalent (you won't get drug tested for many office jobs to my knowledge), but if you want to gain access to certain industrial sites you have to drug test. I've had to a couple of times.

Yes but it’s the exception and not the rule. Same can’t be said in the USA as I understand it.
Well, federally it is still illegal due to the stubborn, brainless, corrupt morons we have running our senate and house.

In California, it is now simply 21 up - no different than alcohol. I don't smoke myself, but I bought some once just to see what the experience was like. They basically took the jar of the demon weed and put it in a safety childproof lock bag. Was a very polished operation.

To your point, plenty of jobs basically prohibit you from ever using marijuana anyway, as they test their employees. For instance, in SF, bus drivers are tested randomly.

And it’s still not hard to find weed, hah. I went to New York a few years back for like 6 days, felt like smoking a joint, asked around for about 20 mins and was high soon after.

Good for them. Make it 21 up, just like alcohol. It is no worse than booze, and prosecuting it is a pointless drain on government resources as well as a detriment to society via prosecution of decent people and the avenues for criminal enterprise which it opens up.
No province in Canada has a drinking age of 21. Believe they match up to the provincial drink age as 18 or 19.

I have a Cannabis Culture store down the street from me where you don't need a card or anything, you just have to prove you're 19 and they'll sell you pot. So it's basically legal in Vancouver already. I'll sometimes stop for a pre-rolled joint there after the bar or if I'm heading to the beach. It's almost too easy. I'm just hoping when it rolls out as legitimately legal, they don't limit where it's sold and cut out some of the pot shops here. I don't wanna have to buy my weed from fucking Deborah at the BC Liquor Store.

Same in Halifax, NS just prove you are 19. But unfortunatly the LC is handling it

Big deal. Taxes and prices are so high here, and there are so many other more important issues, that I'm actually pissed off at Trudeau for putting so much energy into weed legalization while being complacent about the status quo on myriad more important issues he shouldn't be. His parents smoked pot and were cool and the pot scene was cool so he had to make legalizing pot a mission, like George W. had to pour a trillion and more into toppling Saddam just because Saddam attacked George Senior's oil buddies Kuwait. Let's get back at Saddam for dear old Dad!

Gotta hand it to Canadian politicians though - they don't waste as much money and they don't take casualties when they carry out their personal agendas.

And it’s still not hard to find weed, hah. I went to New York a few years back for like 6 days, felt like smoking a joint, asked around for about 20 mins and was high soon after.

Definitely. However, legalizing it dramatically reduces the criminal layer of sales and production. I'm not saying that everyone selling marijuana illegally was a degenerate murderer, but obviously offering a legal avenue is preferable to opening the gates to thugs, gangs and cartels, all of whom made it their business. It is no different than prohibition and the criminal element it spawned.

In California, you could obtain whatever you seek in ten minutes as well, and you can have it as bud, oil, gummy bears, soda, etc etc.

Are they changing the leaf on the flag to reflect this policy?

No province in Canada has a drinking age of 21. Believe they match up to the provincial drink age as 18 or 19.

Well, whatever the requisite age may be, I support it as opposed to criminalizing it (which has resulted in pointless incarcerations, and permitted elements such as Mexican cartel-run plantations to exist). Keep it legal and as clean as possible.

Definitely. However, legalizing it dramatically reduces the criminal layer of sales and production. I'm not saying that everyone selling marijuana illegally was a degenerate murderer, but obviously offering a legal avenue is preferable to opening the gates to thugs, gangs and cartels, all of whom made it their business. It is no different than prohibition and the criminal element it spawned.

In California, you could obtain whatever you seek in ten minutes as well, and you can have it as bud, oil, gummy bears, soda, etc etc.
wow weed soda? have you ever tried?

There are lots of stores in Toronto that sell everything from Weed laced vegan brownies, gummy bears, cotton candy, tea, trail mix, hash, shatter, butter, disposable vape pens.... Everything under the sun and all you need to do is show ID.

Its 18 or 19 here for alcohol. (Depending on were you live.)

I can't wait to blow weed smoke into a cop's face and watch him do nothin

I can't wait to blow weed smoke into a cop's face and watch him do nothin
You should have a drone that will catch the smoke you blow out into a container, then fly it to a cop and have it blow it out of the container through a tiny hole so it comes out hard as fire!

Who buys weed at the liquor store?

When it's fully rolled out in BC they were talking about having it sold at BC Liquor (provincial liquor store) as the authorized distributor. So buying weed from folks who know nothing about weed.

Back