Canada becomes second nation in the world to legalize marijuana

bref

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Recreational marijuana use will soon be legal in Canada after the Senate passed a "historic" bill on Tuesday with a vote of 52-29.

Canada is only the second country in the world -- and the first G7 nation -- to implement legislation to permit a nationwide marijuana market. In the neighboring US, nine states and the District of Columbia now allow for recreational marijuana use, and 30 allow for medical use.
Bill C-45, otherwise known as the Cannabis Act, stems from a campaign pledge of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to keep marijuana away from underage users and reduce related crime.
The act to legalize the recreational use of weed was first introduced on April 13, 2017, and was later passed at the House of Commons in November. The Senate passage of the bill was the final hurdle in the process.

Uruguay was the first country to legalize marijuana's production, sale and consumption in December 2013.
Although the Canadian government had initially stated its intent to implement by July 2018, provinces and territories, who will be responsible for drafting their own rules for marijuana sales, have advised that they would need eight to 12 weeks after the Senate approval to transition to the new framework.

Once the bill is formally approved, adults will be able to carry and share up to 30 grams of legal marijuana in public. They also will be allowed to cultivate up to four plants in their households and prepare products such as edibles for personal use.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/health/canada-legalizes-marijuana/index.html

It's about fucking time.

UPDATE:
Legalization date set for October 17th.

Last edited:
Cannot wait for my fucking gym to now smell like a mixture of curry and pot now. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to move back to Canada for retirement. Wake & bake for the entire country, not just the snowboarders in Banff and Whistler.

Have fun with the fatal overdoses

Bunch of warnings today about how even though it's passed it's not fully legal due to processing time. Trudeau is going to announce the date it is legal today. Hope he pisses off some people and says possession is legal today, even though you can't buy it legally for 8-12 weeks.

The country's weed profits will be eaten up by all the weed-antidote they'll need to buy

Basically. If you think Murica spends a lot on Narcan to combat the opioid epidemic then just wait to see what Canadia is gonna be spending on Potscan

Basically. If you think Murica spends a lot on Narcan to combat the opioid epidemic then just wait to see what Canadia is gonna be spending on Potscan

I've got news for you, they give cops narcan in Canada.

Bunch of warnings today about how even though it's passed it's not fully legal due to processing time. Trudeau is going to announce the date it is legal today. Hope he pisses off some people and says possession is legal today, even though you can't buy it legally for 8-12 weeks.

I have a Cannabis Culture store down the street from me where you don't need a card or anything, you just have to prove you're 19 and they'll sell you pot. So it's basically legal in Vancouver already. I'll sometimes stop for a pre-rolled joint there after the bar or if I'm heading to the beach. It's almost too easy. I'm just hoping when it rolls out as legitimately legal, they don't limit where it's sold and cut out some of the pot shops here. I don't wanna have to buy my weed from fucking Deborah at the BC Liquor Store.

Men will be too polite and high to fight back as the asians steal their land and the other asians blow stuff up and raping their women.

When coming back to the US and they ask if you smoked weed make sure you keep a straight face and say "No" or you can be denied entry into Freedom Land.

I have a Cannabis Culture store down the street from me where you don't need a card or anything, you just have to prove you're 19 and they'll sell you pot. So it's basically legal in Vancouver already. I'll sometimes stop for a pre-rolled joint there after the bar or if I'm heading to the beach. It's almost too easy. I'm just hoping when it rolls out as legitimately legal, they don't limit where it's sold and cut out some of the pot shops here. I don't wanna have to buy my weed from fucking Deborah at the BC Liquor Store.
For a while we had like 10 dispensaries with different levels of verification for medical to purchasel...but I've ordered online for like the last few months when they shut them down and the guy I bought from moved.

Just wait till they start lacing it with fentanyl to get the youngsters hooked

They don’t drug test for jobs in Canada either

Depends. I think it's less prevalent (you won't get drug tested for many office jobs to my knowledge), but if you want to gain access to certain industrial sites you have to drug test. I've had to a couple of times.

When coming back to the US and they ask if you smoked weed make sure you keep a straight face and say "No" or you can be denied entry into Freedom Land.

Kinda hard to keep a straight face when you're convulsing and writhing in agony whilst bleeding from your eyes

Which is a good thing because if you're a pots zombie then we don't want you anyways

Depends. I think it's less prevalent (you won't get drug tested for many office jobs to my knowledge), but if you want to gain access to certain industrial sites you have to drug test. I've had to a couple of times.

Yes but it’s the exception and not the rule. Same can’t be said in the USA as I understand it.

Back