Can we end the debate and troll threads? An MMA guy and a boxer at even levels, MMA will win 95%

Hmm I'll take a guy that has trained to knock out another person with one punch, over the people who trains to kick at legs, grab onto holds and try to submit, because even in wrestling and bjj matches, they all start fucking on the feet. Your argument is invalid.

Why are you here?

I am the old guy here. I watched Ali fight in his prime. I watched when MMA first came out. And I have watched the progression. Plain and simple, a boxer will almost certainly beat an MMA guy in boxing. And an MMA guy will almost certainly beat a boxer in a fight. Boxing is boxing. It is a sport based around fist fighting. Because, as humans, we tend to fist fight to settle arguments. MMA was a sort of new idea that you could use other moves to beat people in a fight as well as punches. Boxing, karate, wrestling, grappling, etc. The idea was, man, if you were good at all that shit, you would be a tough motherfucker.

Boxers are boxers. MMA fighters are a bit of everything, including boxing. Times change. The world moves on.

Ya I regularly see people grappling on asphalt in street clothes trying to pull subs. And of course the boxer in your situation wouldn't be able to eye-gouge, nut-punch or bite the mma guy trying to submit him cause that would be against the rules. ;)

Back