Can we end the debate and troll threads? An MMA guy and a boxer at even levels, MMA will win 95%

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am the old guy here. I watched Ali fight in his prime. I watched when MMA first came out. And I have watched the progression. Plain and simple, a boxer will almost certainly beat an MMA guy in boxing. And an MMA guy will almost certainly beat a boxer in a fight. Boxing is boxing. It is a sport based around fist fighting. Because, as humans, we tend to fist fight to settle arguments. MMA was a sort of new idea that you could use other moves to beat people in a fight as well as punches. Boxing, karate, wrestling, grappling, etc. The idea was, man, if you were good at all that shit, you would be a tough motherfucker.

Boxers are boxers. MMA fighters are a bit of everything, including boxing. Times change. The world moves on.

*** requests to end all debate and troll threads ***

*** starts troll thread with opening argument ***

<36> .

<{cruzshake}> .

The Rock would fuck up everyone with 3 months training. Nobody is on his level

Conor was competitive if he didn't gas and had anticipated the game plan change he would have won that fight.

More like 80%, there are enough MMA fighters who won't go for a TD and prefer strongly to stand and wang... and knowing kicks isn't an auto win over a good puncher. Some boxers also wrestled in high school or something etc.

More like 80%, there are enough MMA fighters who won't go for a TD and prefer strongly to stand and wang... and knowing kicks isn't an auto win over a good puncher.
That is why I said even skill levels. And as such, an amateur with some take down and subs would beat an amateur boxer, unless you are talking a young Mike Tyson. This isn't trolling. It is the truth.

That is why I said even skill levels. And as such, an amateur with some take down and subs would beat an amateur boxer, unless you are talking a young Mike Tyson. This isn't trolling. It is the truth.
If you said a grappling-focused MMA fighter of even skill level I might give it 90%, the thing is not all MMA fighters use offensive grappling even if they are at a decent overall skill "level."

If you said a grappling-focused MMA fighter of even skill level I might give it 90%, the thing is not all MMA fighters use offensive grappling even if they are at a decent overall skill "level."
Well, that is sort of a given. If GSP went in to bang with a semi pro boxer, he would end up unconscious. That doesn't have anything to do with what I am saying. I am sticking up for my sport against the boxing community. And I am doing that by saying two things. Boxers will beat MMA guys in boxing matches. But, as MMA is a new and evolved fighting style that incorporates the best of all fighting styles, an MMA guy will beat a boxing guy in a fight almost every time.

You what's hilarious. There are still millions of people still analyzing Conor vs Floyd in the MayMac forum. It's almost been a month and people are still in there dogging on Conor. Lol

lol no. just no.

the only thing that is certain is that 95% of mma fans are extremely insecure.

You don't want the debate to end, You just want your opinion to be accepted as a final say.

The reality is that your thread just became one of those annoying Conor vs. Floyd threads because there will be people against it no matter what your opinion is.

Cliffs: You should've just kept quiet if you want it to end.

Back