Can Conor play his mental game like usual against Cerrone coming from the Khabib defeat ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
If I'm Conor, I'm taking a break on the trash talking for this one and just coming in focused and ready to make a strong statement. Def wishful thinking here but I can still hope right? Lol

No, this only happened once to Cowboy. Nate pissed him of so bad, that Cowboy ran in like a madman ( wich he never done before or after) and got pummeled by Nate.
He came back a bit, but because of his overly agressive start he was behind the whole fight.
Cowboy knows this and it won't happen again.
In fact Conor can't get inside Cowboys head because of Nate.

You say that as if he wasn't aware of the error in his approach to the fight. Since then I've yet to see Donald try and box only like he did vs Diaz cause he's aware now biting on the emotion is a bad thing to do.
Or is it just that no one has rattled him, like Diaz did, since.

Except Cerrone actually finished that fight strong and won the last round. It doesn’t take away from the ass kicking before that but that gif is misleading.
I don’t remember any ‘strong rounds’ from cerrone, but it has been ages since I watched it so...

Cerrone's record against southpaws is pretty bad. I am pretty sure almost all or a significant chunk of his losses come from left handed fighters

RashCreepyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Diaz got into his head just by knocking his hat off. This was cerrone just noding in acceptance of his fate.

In short, conor absolutely can.
Yeah but this fight resulted in him seeing a sports phycologist regularly ever since and it seems to be working for him as he has appeared calm and relaxed in all his fights since. Even the Perry fight which would have brought out the same emotional Cowboy Diaz did if he was still the same guy.

He can try, I don't think it's going to work.

For one, he got dominated in his last fight. He's not exactly the boogeyman right now. And he never was for a guy like Cowboy. Also, Cowboy learned his lesson from that Diaz fight. He knows he doesn't fight well when he fights angry, and he's not gonna make that mistake again.

Yeah but this fight resulted in him seeing a sports phycologist regularly ever since and it seems to be working for him as he has appeared calm and relaxed in all his fights since. Even the Perry fight which would have brought out the same emotional Cowboy Diaz did if he was still the same guy.
Apart from Perry(who let’s face it doesn’t have the in ring skills to back up getting g in cerrone’s head) who has actually made a real effort to rattle cerrone’s cage since Diaz?

Not disagreeing with you per say, but is there evidence you can point to?

Except Cerrone actually finished that fight strong and won the last round. It doesn’t take away from the ass kicking before that but that gif is misleading.

Revisionist MMA history never ceases to amaze me. It's "common knowledge" at Sherdog that Nate destroyed Cerrone in that fight, just because Joe Hogan said so on his podcast.

I saw the fight a couple of months ago just to check it again, and I was surprised by how competitive it was. It's nothing like the fight Joe Rogan and a lot of Sherdoggers portray.

So we know that Connor's mental game is one of his strongest if not his strongest weapon. He literally destroyed the previous P4P king Jose Aldo by living in his head and making fight absolutely silly. He did the same with Dustin poirier that fought then emotionally and was dispatched quickly. And I'm sure it worked on other opponents before.

We know it doesn't work on mentally strong people like Nate or Khabib, each for different reasons.

We also now that Cerrone absolutely crumbles when his opponent doesn't play buddy with him, let alone when he gets trashtalked by a smooth talker and abused verbally.

But now that Conor has been totally destroyed by Khabib in his last fight, dominated in every aspect of the game and had him and his crew attacked even after, do you think he can still use his bravado ? I say no. He has been humbled to much to play the cocky mystique champ again. Except that Cerrone is really bad at coming back at people verbally so he may allow it.

If Conor can't abuse Cerrone verbally and get in his head I favor the fight for Cerrone

What do you think?
Well Cerrone is not a third worlder,he is not poor,nor i think he came from a poor condition,he is not Muslim,he speaks English and he is well spoken.
Connie could definitely use the hillbilly aspect and the fact that Cowboy never won a UFC belt i guess...
Connie will be the same he always is.
Dude knows that if he takes a normal approach to hype the fight his little trolls will not get excited enough to buy bottles of propah 12.

Apart from Perry(who let’s face it doesn’t have the in ring skills to back up getting g in cerrone’s head) who has actually made a real effort to rattle cerrone’s cage since Diaz?

Not disagreeing with you per say, but is there evidence you can point to?
No I get ya dude, I was actually going to mention that myself, nobody has really shit taked him much since except maybe Till and Edwards and I can't really say that does much for my argument to be honest, that would make him 1-2, lol. Yancy talked a bit too but nothing real serious but even adding him it's still 50/50.

Back