Can Conor play his mental game like usual against Cerrone coming from the Khabib defeat ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Cowboy has a granite chin... Cowboy has wrestling, he has BJJ, he has really strong kicks and knees and decent hands on top of that.

Plus a height advantage and the same reach.

I don't see Conor knocking him out just because Darren Till did. Conor never knocks out anyone that's bigger than him.

Darren Till is literally a fucking middleweight.

donald cowboy got completed butchered and cucked by nate diaz

e-z fight for canner

RashCreepyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Diaz got into his head just by knocking his hat off. This was cerrone just noding in acceptance of his fate.

In short, conor absolutely can.

diaz beat the absolute piss out of him in rd 2, and cowboy basically quit and accepted his fate

one of my favourite fights

but it didnt look good for wild man cowboy

I think Conor will trash talk, perhaps not to the extent he did previously. I think he will have an edge over Cerrone who has been known to get a bad case of nerves before big fights. However, Cerrone needs to understand that if he gets this fight to the ground he is the beast and Conor is the prey. Too often fighters keep the fight standing with little effort to introduce the threat of TD or actually taking the fight to the ground to get control, work some GnP and submission attempts. Against someone like Conor who is extremely dangerous on the feet and extremely weak on the ground, Cerrone needs to get rid of the fan friendly approach and implement the best game plan.

Cowboy is one of the weakest minds of the UFC. Of course he can, and will succes.

I think 2018 Cerrone does not give a fuck.

Perry tried to talk smack.. and they were coming from the same camp. Look what happened.

diaz beat the absolute piss out of him in rd 2, and cowboy basically quit and accepted his fate

one of my favourite fights

but it didnt look good for wild man cowboy

Cowboy was chewing Nate up with leg kicks early and just stopped throwing them. Even more importantly there was evidently some agreement they made to not grapple. Really stupid by Cowboy given he had the wrestling edge and Nate has dropped numerous decisions by simply being held on his back. Plus Cowboy had multiple opportunities to just take top position after knocking Nate down with leg kicks.

That said, the fact that Cowboy agreed to not grapple just because Nate talked shit about keeping it standing means Nate probably did get in Cowboy's head. Otherwise you don't make a "gentleman's agreement" like that prior to a big fight.

Conor doesn't play games, he is simply selling the fights.

What a dumbass post ^^^ his game playing is all about selling fights, what did you think that "I'm in your head" tour with Aldo was all about.

Much as I would love to see Cowboy win and dislike Conor; I see Conor taking this. His character is too strong and determined, and he knows full well that he needs this win to remain relevant. If he loses to Cowboy (not taking anything away from Cowboy) then he knows that it could be the start of a pretty large downward spiral, so I think you'll see Conor put everything into this fight (if it happens!).

Not too sure whether he will trash talk as much as previous, probably not, but he WILL trash talk, it's his gimmick.

I think it'll be a fairly explosive KO early by the Leprechaun.

That said, I would absolutely love to see Cowboy smash the fuck out of him, and he does have the tools to do it.

Cerrone at least claims he learned his lesson, that he wouldn't ever take anything from an opponent personally ever again and wouldn't let them get in his head. We'll have to see.

By the way, OP you're overstating the effect of the mind games and why Nate and Khabib beat Conor.

Styles make fights.
Aldo is the only one where it maybe was a huge factor. I thought it looked like he was trying to close the distance behind a lunging punch; he's done it before to take people down. Which wasn't a bad strategy except Conor threw a perfect counter to it.

Conor is the UFC version of Mike Tyson, but only a poor mans version.

He has been cracked just like Tyson was. As much as all the Tyson fans (me included) wanted the old Mike back, it was never to be.

Yeah Tyson won a few fights and made some more money, but his fall from grace was huge. Tyson was a great front runner and he got into opponents heads. When that stopped working, he wasn't the same.

Conor had his soul taken from him by Khabib, similar to Evander taking Mikes. The reason I don't mention Nate or Buster Douglas, is because every fighter can have a bad night. Holyfield and Khabib proved Conor and Mike are good fighters, but ultimately bullies. They lack the heart to come through REAL adversity.

Oh and any fellow Tyson fans, don't worry. Mike Tyson is 10x more awesome than Conor and defended World titles 10 times.

I am just listing the couple of major similarities.

Aldo is the only one where it maybe was a huge factor. I thought it looked like he was trying to close the distance behind a lunging punch; he's done it before to take people down. Which wasn't a bad strategy except Conor threw a perfect counter to it.

Yep it wasn't a bad tactic, and one he's tried several times against other opponents.

Conor was confident with what to do against Aldo.

Yea weidman has proven that
<{Heymansnicker}>

DC - kids , Jones - kids , Whitaker - kids , Woodley - 4 kids . The vast majority of the men at the upper echelons of business and politics are married and have children.

No need to be bitter because women have by and large deemed you unworthy and condemned you to a life of involuntary celibacy .

DC - kids , Jones - kids , Whitaker - kids , Woodley - 4 kids . The vast majority of the men at the upper echelons of business and politics are married and have children.

No need to be bitter because women have by and large deemed you unworthy and condemned you to a life of involuntary celibacy .
I have 2 kids thx tho. Also we're talking new dad

lol I hope you are joking. For your sake.

He talked shit to Diaz in the lead up to the 2nd fight after Diaz beat his ass.

He will continue to talk shit.

Perhaps it will be toned down if he ever fights Kahbib again. I doubt he goes all out like he did before with Khabib.

Back