Can Conor play his mental game like usual against Cerrone coming from the Khabib defeat ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

So we know that Connor's mental game is one of his strongest if not his strongest weapon. He literally destroyed the previous P4P king Jose Aldo by living in his head and making fight absolutely silly. He did the same with Dustin poirier that fought then emotionally and was dispatched quickly. And I'm sure it worked on other opponents before.

We know it doesn't work on mentally strong people like Nate or Khabib, each for different reasons.

We also now that Cerrone absolutely crumbles when his opponent doesn't play buddy with him, let alone when he gets trashtalked by a smooth talker and abused verbally.

But now that Conor has been totally destroyed by Khabib in his last fight, dominated in every aspect of the game and had him and his crew attacked even after, do you think he can still use his bravado ? I say no. He has been humbled to much to play the cocky mystique champ again. Except that Cerrone is really bad at coming back at people verbally so he may allow it.

If Conor can't abuse Cerrone verbally and get in his head I favor the fight for Cerrone

What do you think?

He can certainly try, and it would be a smart move against Cowboy, who prefers to keep things bro-hugz before a fight.

Plus Cerrone is a daddy now. Don't underestimate us dad's power. It's real.

Have you heard Cerrone's interview with Matt Serra or whoever talking about his encounters with Conor in 2015 and 2016?

McGregor is already in Cowboy's head. And Cowboy is an emotional guy make no mistake. He is susceptible to pressure.

Even worse; Cerrone is susceptible to good boxing. Till and Masvidal made him pay dearly for his subpar head movement and timing in the face of someone with better hands than him.

By the way, OP you're overstating the effect of the mind games and why Nate and Khabib beat Conor.

Styles make fights.

I can see cowboy getting rattled by Conor's bullshit, probably another Eddie Alvarez type situation again

Conor has mental advantage over all humans on the planet earth by default, because he doesn't care about the outcome of the situation.

That said, he feels zero pressure in life.

Na. Cowboy is a smooth, relaxed dude. Plus now everyone knows ITS ONLY BUSINESS

No. He'll never be able to spout off the way he did in the past, and neither will his fans. Khabib completely wrecked him. Conor won't be the same after that thrashing.

Yeah it worked for Mike "Platinum" Perry and against Khabib by Conor.

RashCreepyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Diaz got into his head just by knocking his hat off. This was cerrone just noding in acceptance of his fate.

In short, conor absolutely can.

Actually think cowboy has the mental edge as he warned mcgregor not to move up in weight and told him his power wouldn't be the same against the bigger opponents.
Mcgregor moves up and gets tapped out twice and put on his ass.

Last edited:
So we know that Connor's mental game is one of his strongest if not his strongest weapon. He literally destroyed the previous P4P king Jose Aldo by living in his head and making fight absolutely silly. He did the same with Dustin poirier that fought then emotionally and was dispatched quickly. And I'm sure it worked on other opponents before.

We know it doesn't work on mentally strong people like Nate or Khabib, each for different reasons.

We also now that Cerrone absolutely crumbles when his opponent doesn't play buddy with him, let alone when he gets trashtalked by a smooth talker and abused verbally.

But now that Conor has been totally destroyed by Khabib in his last fight, dominated in every aspect of the game and had him and his crew attacked even after, do you think he can still use his bravado ? I say no. He has been humbled to much to play the cocky mystique champ again. Except that Cerrone is really bad at coming back at people verbally so he may allow it.

If Conor can't abuse Cerrone verbally and get in his head I favor the fight for Cerrone

What do you think?

He already got destroyed by nate and floyd, it doesnt matter, people are super dumb

America currently has the "grab em by the pussy" President, i mean jeez

Um yes, Cerrone is susceptible to random dude trash talk, Conor trash talk would be ugly.

I really don't like this fight, this is a very winnable fight for Conor, I hope he fights Kevin Lee or another grapple that won't fall for his mental games

Back