Can anyone just admit that they have no idea what's going to happen?

I am honestly clueless, even if I think Khabib wins.

I think people are wrong by anticipating a total domination from either side.

What I think is likely to happen is Khabib taking down conor a few times and not doing too much damage on the ground.

At the same time I see Conor flooring Khabib a couple of times but Khabib recovering.

The rest of the time I see both guys very tentative.

All in all I think this fight will be more boring than people think and end in a rather close decision.

your opinion doesn't count your brain is too poisoned by the chemical shit they put in the water over there

I'm actually from California and only drink filtered water. My opinion still counts because potato.

Of course either fighters has a chance to win, but let's not pretend this fight is 50/50.

Conor has one path to victory: ko Khabib as he comes in, within 2 rounds when Conor is still fresh and has ko power.

Khabib has several paths to victory:

Take Conor down and win via:

1. Ground and pound.
2. Submission.
3. Unanimous decision.

So Conor has about 25% chance of winning.
You grossly over simplified that. What about variables such as the fact that the fight always starts standing? That Connor is mainly susceptible to double leg TDs, and Khabib almost never shoots for doubles?

What about the fact that Conor usually pressures his opponents to the cage with his offensive striking and Khabib has his most success when pressuring fighters to the fence?

Its not 50/50, but it's not 75/25 either. Just our opinions. The bookies are siding with khabib at about 33/67.

I think go look at the striker vs good wrestler stats and I believe it doesn't favor Mcgregor. Off the top of my head, I can only recall off the top of my head Chuck and Randy series where the striker(wrestler actually) wins and maybe Chael and Silva.

I think go look at the striker vs good wrestler stats and I believe it doesn't favor Mcgregor. Off the top of my head, I can only recall off the top of my head Chuck and Randy series where the striker(wrestler actually) wins and maybe Chael and Silva.

Mark Coleman vs. Maurice Smith is the classic example
Ngannou vs Blaydes is a recent example
Holm vs Rousey (judo, but pure grappler)
Alves vs Hughes
Machida vs Tito

Countless others

I literally have no clue what's going to happen in the fight. It seems pretty binary. Either Conor's striking takes apart Khabib before he can implement his gameplan or Khabib implements his gameplan and takes all of Conor's punching power away through suffocating GnP.

Those could BOTH be wrong though. They could both be hesitant, so worried about the other's tools that they do not engage. Conor could land a good shot and then get smothered, but Khabib would be unable to capitalize because of having been concussed by Conor. I could even see Conor getting taken down for a round or two and then implementing Al Iaquinta's plan of letting Khabib punch him a few times to build confidence in his striking and setup a counterpunch.

This fight has so many different ways it could go, but everyone just wants to say "Khabib has zero chance" "Conor has zero chance"

Can't we just admit that we have no idea what's going to happen and shut the fuck up and enjoy the fight?

I was sure Ngannou would light up Derrick after the humiliating loss, I was like man no fucking way this huge ass fucking sledgehammer fisted mr olympia looking african skullcrusher is going to take shit from nobody, look at his fucking face walking into the octagon he looks like he's about to go kill somebody and he won't even bat an eyelash.

Best-of-Francis-Ngannou-vs-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-218.gif

The man goes in there and just moves around the octagon for 15 minutes scared to throw.

<BWRDodged> <GSPWoah><6><{clintugh}><Huh2><{walkerwhut}><{you!}>

I was wrong as fuck and I'm not saying I'm fucking sure about any fight from then on.

<209Bitch>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back