Can anyone just admit that they have no idea what's going to happen?

Would a full camp have allowed Chad to hold Conor down? Because he flat out couldn't do it. D1 accolades didn't help him at all. And Alvarez did not even come close to implementing any wrestling attacks on Conor and it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Wrestling can only nullify a superior striker for periods of a fight. You need more than that.
Mendes held him down for the majority of 2 rounds. With full camp he could have held him down for 3 and Conor would be exhausted by then and needing a finish. Do I think Mendes is better than Conor? No. Let's just not act like Conor's not been protected from wrestlers his entire career. Being able to beat anyone and being protected are not mutually exclusive. No camp Chad held him down for 2 rounds is your health ok Final Say I'm worried. I did like Conor's Ken-Flo impersonation with those elbows from guard though.

Mendes held him down for the majority of 2 rounds. With full camp he could have held him down for 3 and Conor would be exhausted by then and needing a finish. Do I think Mendes is better than Conor? No. Let's just not act like Conor's not been protected from wrestlers his entire career. Being able to beat anyone and being protected are not mutually exclusive. No camp Chad held him down for 2 rounds is your health ok Final Say I'm worried.
Conor got up from every single take down, defended almost half of them and in the first round he got up fast. No passes, minimal damage and took damage from top position.

People waaaaay underrate Conor's grappling

nobody knows what will happen but as soon as it does everyone will tell you they saw it coming from a mile away.

Im pretty sure I know whats going to happen. Khabib is going to take Conor down and beat the piss out of him until the TKO

Pulling for Khabib and I've said so multiple times. It's a coin toss

Anyone who knows what is going to happen should post their bet slip.

Well, in my opinion, I don't think anyone before a 2010 join date should even be allowed to post.
Somewhat agree, but seems harsh. Hope about not able to start a thread. Would make this place much better. Should be a locked sub-forum. I'd never leave.

Yeah i can admit, last Conor's mma fight was almost 2 years ago, so predictions are pointless here.

I know exactly what's going to happen:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SafeBlaringAmericanquarterhorse-small.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

No one expects khabib to finish him.

I admit. I have no idea.

Both guys have ways to win.

That’s a large part of what I think makes this fight so intriguing.

Conor has stopped every fighter he's faced with a wrestling skill set though

We will see

True indeed but every one of those wrestlers (cept alvares) took him down at will. Kabob is a fkin blanket when he gets on top and idk if mcgs cardio can handle that.

Then again if conor can keep it standing kabib is a fish out of water with a chin in the air. I've never been a conor fan but I'm hoping he pulls it off. I dont want anyone from AKA (cept Cormier) holding a belt again lol khabib is the LW Cain. Don't want a 3 year log jam in one of the hottest divisions because khabibs got the knees of a 90 year old

I literally have no clue what's going to happen in the fight. It seems pretty binary. Either Conor's striking takes apart Khabib before he can implement his gameplan or Khabib implements his gameplan and takes all of Conor's punching power away through suffocating GnP.

Those could BOTH be wrong though. They could both be hesitant, so worried about the other's tools that they do not engage. Conor could land a good shot and then get smothered, but Khabib would be unable to capitalize because of having been concussed by Conor. I could even see Conor getting taken down for a round or two and then implementing Al Iaquinta's plan of letting Khabib punch him a few times to build confidence in his striking and setup a counterpunch.

This fight has so many different ways it could go, but everyone just wants to say "Khabib has zero chance" "Conor has zero chance"

Can't we just admit that we have no idea what's going to happen and shut the fuck up and enjoy the fight?

I think you contradict yourself a bit.

I mean, yes, it is a fight and anything can happen.
Conor can daze Khabib and then submit him. or Khabib can get Conor so tired, that when they next stand, Khabib KO's Conor.... who knows?

But then again, what the majority of the people are saying is what you said yourself.
Conor can KTFO Khabib coming in, or Khabib can GnP Conor to a decision or, given Conor's gas tank, a TKO.

And yes, i agree with you on all accounts, no one can be sure of what will happen. But most know that these two scenarios are likely, and if the ones they are rooting for happened, they will all be smug claiming "they knew it all along" when in truth we will only be sure once the fight starts.

Conor got up from every single take down, defended almost half of them and in the first round he got up fast. No passes, minimal damage and took damage from top position.

People waaaaay underrate Conor's grappling
Nobodies underrating anything. He's never fought a wrestler with a camp. He lost the first round to Mendes he would have lost the second but yeah, he got up with 12 seconds left and finished off 8 days notice Mendes. Underrating also wont matter with Khabib, if he stays on the floor hes not just going to lose, he's going to get hurt. Now you're pretending Mendes didnt have success taking down and controlling Conor, Ok Bud.

Nobodies underrating anything. He's never fought a wrestler with a camp. He lost the first round to Mendes he would have lost the second but yeah, he got up with 12 seconds left and finished off 8 days notice Mendes. Underrating also wont matter with Khabib, if he stays on the floor hes not just going to lose, he's going to get hurt. Now you're pretending Mendes didnt have success taking down and controlling Conor, Ok Bud.
He landed 4 of 7. Decent. He couldn't hold Conor down though. Didn't do much damage. Didn't pass.

Khabib also doesn't deal a lot of damage from top... never finished anyone with GNP aside from Horcher, which shouldn't even be counted as he's not even a UFC fighter.

Just saying... people have a warped idea of the kind of damage Khabib does and how weak Conor's defense is.

There are just as many instances of strikers prevailing against wrestlers to be fair. The thing about Khabib is he's not a great finisher. He dominates most fights, but doesn't finish anyone. If Conor survives the rounds they get reset back to the feet where Conor has an insane striking advantage. Khabib is crazy sloppy and wreckless on the feet and that's what Conor thrives on - capitalizing on the mistakes of his opponents. Like Aldo, Eddie, etc. He'll have openings to hurt Khabib, that's for sure. I also don't see him wilting like everyone thinks he will. The stakes are very high here and he's a winner. I think he'll surprise people. He might lose, but I don't think this will be an easy fight for Khabib.

Agreed, I'm far more bias to striking as its been my background moreso than wrestling. I also find just pure wrestling extremely unappealing even if I can appreciate the skill it requires I have no interest in watching 2 men rolling around with eachother lol. BUT be that as it may more often than not blanket wrestlers nullify great strikers in MMA. The only thing Khabib finishes is his tiramisu BUT the issue I see is Conors cardio.. Now Im not bashing him unrealistically we've seen him time and time again wilt after X amount of time.. thats just a known quantity, Idk if he can't do the roadwork because of his knee issues or if its just a genetic thing, or if he cuts too much ect. But we see him fade in every fight that goes past the first few rounds. Idk if he's gonna be able to prevent from doing is patented drunken wobble if he has to spend any significant amount of time off his back getting cuddled by kabob. So in my mind THAT alone is the difference maker because he doesn't set up his strikes with the same quality and pop when he's tired. WIth that said we've seen similar fading from Khabib because he probably cuts 345u234823489lbs to make LW. so who knows?

It's a fking weird situation because theoretically these guys are both eachothers biggest weakness. Khabib's striking is pathetic and laughable at best, and we've seen if you can keep it standing you can light him up at will, which is great news for McG. every second it stays standing Khabib is in a losing fight. But then again the same thing is true vice versa. As much as I can appreciate and respect his skillset I legit don't like Khabib, I just dont fuck with him. I think he's a creepy lil fucking sociopath and Kadyrov buttbuddy with terrorist ties and ontop of that he's a one trick pony with an entirely unappealing style of fighting imo. So no matter how much I dislike McGoober (mostly his fans) I'm hoping he can pull it off, it's just gonna be an uphill battle.

End of the day I just hope they make it to the cage, this has the potential to be a great fight between two peaking fighters.

His former opponents couldn't make the cut for boxing or soccer, so they went MMA. They got exposed as second tier athletes.

Second tier in Dagestan become militant islamists. This is Sparta. Conor will have nothing to work with.
your opinion doesn't count your brain is too poisoned by the chemical shit they put in the water over there

Sorry, but I know exactly what's going to happen. Conor will win in one round.

I even prophesied a year and a half ago that it would happen in the 27th fight of Khabib's career. Mystic Lockard can predict deez things.

Conor is gonna get smashed and humiliated in front of the whole world. Khabib will leave Conor's wife a widow and raise his son in the inhospitable mountains of Dagestan. He'll be part of the janissary unit to conquer Ireland for the Neo-Avar Khanate. Mark my words.

Weirdo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back