Calvillo's case teaches us, that fighters have no reason to even try to make weight. Here's why:

I think the opponent should get 20% of the show and if you lose to the person that missed weight, take another 20% of the win bonus.

You really think it'll be a game changer?

DC, GSP, Khabib, Renan Barao

Dc- never missed weight
Gsp- never missed weight
Barao- never missed weight until after title reign
Khabib- career was a disappointment until after he got weight under control

There's a clear correlation between the discipline in making weight and being a champion.

Dc- never missed weight
Gsp- never missed weight
Barao- never missed weight until after title reign
Khabib- career was a disappointment until after he got weight under control

There's a clear correlation between the discipline in making weight and being a champion.

Eh...dude.
First of all, that's not a correlation. That's a REQUIREMENT. whoever misses weight cannot participate in championship fight, period. Or keep the belt.
But do not act like Khabib suddenly became a different person and got the belt, or Barao changed completely. It's BS.
And don't play dumb and disregard Cormier doing dirty towel trick , exposed by everyone besides clueless, non-experienced NYSAC (who exactly afterwards caught Bellator fighter doing that and stopped the circus).

All these guys are capable to miss weight.

But as I mentioned , in a close future it will be much worse.
2018 has been a weigh in disaster, and fighters realized that the consequences from the UFC are minimal.
You will see champions who missed weight, on purpose or not, before and after title reigns. Because they can

This is classic theory as a conclusion argument. If someone really wants to make solid argument, they should examine the last 5-10 years worth of failed weight cuts and their consequences, then use that data to form a conclusion.

Abolishing weight-cutting isn't the solution. The solution is the UFC telling you which division you're going to fight in.

Take it or f. off.

"But I want to fight in the lower div..."

"F. off!"

The fine should be 10% of your purse for every pound you're over. Miss weight by 4lbs? There goes 40% of your money right there dummy.

This is classic theory as a conclusion argument. If someone really wants to make solid argument, they should examine the last 5-10 years worth of failed weight cuts and their consequences, then use that data to form a conclusion.

What are you blabbering about?
5 10 years? MMA is 25 years old, Endeavor has UFC for 2 years. The landscape is ever changing.
Before talking about applying big data check if it's applicable first.

I'm talking about the experience everyone witnessed in 2018. Everyone who follows and understands the sport.
You're talking out of your a$$

What are you blabbering about?
5 10 years? MMA is 25 years old, Endeavor has UFC for 2 years. The landscape is ever changing.
Before talking about applying big data check if it's applicable first.

I'm talking about the experience everyone witnessed in 2018. Everyone who follows and understands the sport.
You're talking out of your a$$
I don't disagree that missing weight is an issue and affects the outcome of the fight.
I guess my mistake was in taking the idea even further and applying it to fighters in the future not trying to make weight as if there would be no consequences. My mistake.

1. OK with Calvillo, but not everyone . Pennington missed weight, and just google "Raquel Pennington thefappening" for the yikes
2. Weren't you supposed to put me on ignore?

Kind of upset that I googled that

Do you have a problem with Tecia Torres' breakfast?
giphy.gif

same as poking people in the eye or kicking your opponent in the balls
no penalties, anyone can do whataver in the UFC, there's no incentive not to

What is missed weight fighters record again? 70% +? Higher?

Back