Call for tougher penalties for animal cruelty

What the hell
Your comments about squamates illict a strong response from me because too many people hate snakes for no reason. They are persecuted and maligned while they perform many important duties in nature and in medicine.
So if you can provide a logical argument about why people should hate/kill snakes i would like to here it. So I would like to hear you defend your hatred for snakes

I have handled hundreds of venomous snakes (including coral snakes in the fucking jungle in Honduras) and have never been bitten.

I'm not surprised. I don't know if a longer sentence would have done anything anyway. I have a hard time believing anyone who would enjoy doing what he did is going to turn into a productive member of society, and I'm sure he's gonna do more fucked up shit once he gets out. Don't know what the answer is.

Another strawman.

Killing ones children is an aberration in nature amongst almost all species and in almost all instances outside a few.

Man being a predator is as natural as a wolf being a predator.

The only reason you disagree with one and not the other is due to false misplaced human morality that means nothing to the deer.

we get it, you vegan freaks don't like it. You guys anthropomorphize animals and based on that you wrap a false and wrong headed moralization that is easy to expose, around it.

lmao

What exactly do modern, first-world humans act as a predator towards? Pre-packaged meat at Wal-Mart?

Stop it.

lmao

What exactly do modern, first-world humans act as a predator towards? Pre-packaged meat at Wal-Mart?

Stop it.
Man is still part of the predation cycle on this planet as meat eaters. It is as natural for man to be a part of this cycle as it is for wolves.

Predation is the act of one animal feeding on another. Do not confuse that with hunting as a predator.

Man is still part of the predation cycle on this planet as meat eaters. It is as natural for man to be a part of this cycle as it is for wolves.

Predation is the act of one animal feeding on another. Do not confuse that with hunting as a predator.

A "predator" is defined as "an animal that naturally preys on others".

So, what do we naturally prey on? What animals do you see, in their natural element, that you have to urge to bite into? What, in nature, makes your mouth water and your heart pound?

Being a "predator" is what what behooves hunting. Something tells me you know all of that, but play dumb to avoid facing your own shitty little rhetoric.

A "predator" is defined as "an animal that naturally preys on others".

So, what do we naturally prey on? What animals do you see, in their natural element, that you have to urge to bite into? What, in nature, makes your mouth water and your heart pound?

Being a "predator" is what what behooves hunting. Something tells me you know all of that, but play dumb to avoid facing your own shitty little rhetoric.
False.

I've been using the term as part of the predation cycle consistently in this thread and others.

Man is absolutely part of the predation cycle just as Wolves are. Look up the definition of predation and you will see it is the act of one animal feeding on another. Every individual does not have to be the active killer of the animal to be part of that cycle. The child sitting at home when the Native Hunters came how with the meat were part of the predation cycle.

I was shopping yesterday and it was hot as hell out. I kind of lost my shit when these two people left their dog in the car. I yelled "hey you" but they just walked in the grocery store. Another lady then pulls in and leaves all the windows UP and LEAVES her dog in there. I again yell "Hey, are you just gonna leave your dog in there?" she kind of looked back and I said "You stupid fucking bitch" and then I went over and kicked her vehicle out of anger. It was a BMW SVU so it took it well. Took a picture of both cars plates, went inside and gave them to a worker in the front where they sell cigs and lotto tickets. I was pissed to say the least, but the lady did get on the intercom and seemed to take it seriously. Fuck those kind of people.

I was shopping yesterday and it was hot as hell out. I kind of lost my shit when these two people left their dog in the car. I yelled "hey you" but they just walked in the grocery store. Another lady then pulls in and leaves all the windows UP and LEAVES her dog in there. I again yell "Hey, are you just gonna leave your dog in there?" she kind of looked back and I said "You stupid fucking bitch" and then I went over and kicked her vehicle out of anger. It was a BMW SVU so it took it well. Took a picture of both cars plates, went inside and gave them to a worker in the front where they sell cigs and lotto tickets. I was pissed to say the least, but the lady did get on the intercom and seemed to take it seriously. Fuck those kind of people.

I'd call the police and break windows. In some places, it's become legal to do so.

I'd call the police and break windows. In some places, it's become legal to do so.
Next time that is the plan, I'm gonna call the police and keep the people from leaving. I hope the dogs are alright. The lady at the store I talked to took it very seriously, and got on the intercom right away so I think they took care of it. I had to go, so I couldn't stick around.

They should start giving animals the same rights as humans, especially endangered ones.

Animals don't give a fuck about human moral codes. That is the problem with people like you as you take a human stance and want to impose it on animals who have no such issue.

But you last point comes close to the point.

Our intent does not make any difference to the animal. You are correct.

ALL THAT MATTERS tot the animal is its quality of life PRIOR to predation since pretty much all animals who are not pets die of predation eventually.

So what is the difference between a deer in the wild or one on a free range farm when the one in the wild will eventually be caught and die to a wolf or coyote and the one on the farm to the farmer? It is the quality of life to that point. And the deer protected on the free range farm lives the better life most times.

So again as you say intent does not matter to the deer, nor do the morals. So stop overlaying a human concept of morality and let the free range deer live and die for food provided by the farmer which is a good life for that deer because the deer does not distinguish between that and a wolf killing it.

Other animals don't have the choices and awareness that we do.

That reasoning is why children aren't punished the same as adults.

Lol this thread. This is like someone opening a discussion calling for stiffer penalties for rapists and feminists flooding the discussion saying we don't have the right to be outraged by rape because we are indirectly supporting the patriarchy that is "raping" women everywhere. In short vegans are like feminists. Just as annoying.

It's not at all analogous. Not even close.

Your comments about squamates illict a strong response from me because too many people hate snakes for no reason. They are persecuted and maligned while they perform many important duties in nature and in medicine.
So if you can provide a logical argument about why people should hate/kill snakes i would like to here it. So I would like to hear you defend your hatred for snakes

I have handled hundreds of venomous snakes (including coral snakes in the fucking jungle in Honduras) and have never been bitten.
I've never really understood the hatred people have towards snakes. They try to avoid people as much as they can. Anyhow, I would catch them as a young boy and still do it as a grown man. Catch it, look it over, show wife and kids, take pic, and then release unharmed back where it came from.

Among other things it's also part of nature to kill your own children or your rivals children and forcefully copulate with whatever female or infant takes your fancy but we came to understand that sort of behaviour just isn't acceptable and isn't conducive in our evolution towards becoming a truly compassionate species. Sadly there is no shortage of delusional cretins such as yourself who like to take that one single aspect of animal behaviour, the whole "oh but animals eat each other thing" as though it is a valid justification for us to continue doing so. At one point eating animals may have been necessary for human survival but that is no longer the case and as the saying goes
"When you start with a necessary evil, and then over time the necessity passes away, what's left?"

And with that, we are well and truly done.

Yeah, I wish I had the will power to go vegetarian at least. But I don't. If I had grown up that way, it probably wouldn't be so hard to do it. I don't like the thought of slaughtering animals for food. But there is something different about it when someone does it for fun or just because they hate a particular animal or something. And it makes me want to kill them.

Other animals don't have the choices and awareness that we do.

That reasoning is why children aren't punished the same as adults.

What you wrote does not impact the logic of my post.

Any logic, or lack through thereof, that says we humans are different than a wolf or any other form of predation is meaningless to the deer. It's wants it chance of life regardless and does not want to be denied that by something that is important to you but meaningless to it.

What you wrote does not impact the logic of my post.

Any logic, or lack through thereof, that says we humans are different than a wolf or any other form of predation is meaningless to the deer. It's wants it chance of life regardless and does not want to be denied that by something that is important to you but meaningless to it.

Obfuscation.

In the wild an animal is free to do its thing. It's not guaranteed it will be killed and it has a fighting chance, doing what it's evolved to do. I should not have to explain how this is different from captivity nor why humans are different from wolves.

With that logic humans may as well all be in prison cells. We're going to die anyway, and with enough security we'd actually be safer than being outside.

I hunt all animals worth a Glock. Still waiting for someone to fucking do shit about it. Bring it.

I know you are just trying to "tough guy" it here. But in all seriousness I think most (sane people even the liberals ) would agree that hunting an animal with a gun is different that beating and torturing animals.

Obfuscation.

In the wild an animal is free to do its thing. It's not guaranteed it will be killed and it has a fighting chance, doing what it's evolved to do. I should not have to explain how this is different from captivity nor why humans are different from wolves.

With that logic humans may as well all be in prison cells. We're going to die anyway, and with enough security we'd actually be safer than being outside.
lol. what?

You think prey animals like deer die of old age in their bed in the wild? That is too funny if you think that.

No they die of predation or sickness just as they would on an ethical farm but likely with a lot less stress in their life up until they die at the farm.

You attempt to compare it to humans is pathetic. Again domesticated food animals on an ethical farm live often a more idealistic life than their cousins running from birth to eventual predation in the wild. They are often given the chance to mate and propagate the species, the main drive they have beyond simply wanting to live.

So again I put it forth, if you have two deer born today, one born in the wild and literally on the run from predators the instant it is born and the other on an ethical farm where its protected what makes you think it is the one born to the ethical farm that would not want its life? And why should we let some misguided vegan's make that decision that it should not be given its chance at life, when we can be sure as fuck the deer would want its chance at life?

Obfuscation.

And just so you know the PETA folk use the EXACT same logic (or lack thereof) when they say dog's and cats and other domestic animals should be euthanized rather than live as slaves (pets).

I don't know if you agree with that idiocy also but it is the exact same logic.

They are over laying a human concept of 'slavery' to an animal who does not give a fuck about that concept and does not see it as a negative. The dog's want their lives regardless of an idiot on the sidelines saying they would be better off dead than slaves because the concept of slavery has zero meaning. They just want their lives just as the deer on the ethical farm does who also does not have any concept of how it will die (farmers hand or wolf) and just wants his life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back