Call for tougher penalties for animal cruelty

FinalFight

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Should sentences be tougher for people who are convicted of animal cruelty? I think so.

Call for tougher penalties for animal cruelty

PEOPLE who commit animal cruelty can go on to commit other offences, including murder, but nine out of 10 cases do not lead to a prison sentence.

The Centre for Crime Prevention said 13,835 offences were committed in the decade to the end of 2015 by those with a previous conviction, or caution for animal cruelty, including murder and rape.

However, the report said more than 92 per cent of those found guilty of animal cruelty avoided prison, with offences resulting in a fine or suspended sentence including criminals who starved a dog to death, strangled a cat and threw it in the bin, filmed themselves throwing a bulldog down the stairs so many times that she had to be put down, and set a puppy on fire.

The report said those convicted of animal cruelty offences have gone on to commit thousands of crimes, including robbery, theft, the rape and neglect of children, and murder.

The Centre for Crime Prevention, which campaigns for better prevention of crime, is calling for tougher sentences for animal cruelty to "protect people and animals alike", and said of the 13,835 offences committed by those with a previous conviction or caution for animal cruelty over 10 years, 1,437 were violent offences - 16 of them murders.

They were also responsible for 202 sexual offences, including 19 rapes of a female under 16, eight rapes of a child under 13, and 26 cases of sexual assault on a female under 13. There were also 97 cases of cruelty or neglect to children by those who had previously been cruel to animals, 175 robberies and 5,557 thefts.

The report said the current maximum sentence for animal cruelty of six months in prison is the lowest in Europe and recommends that it should be brought in line with Northern Ireland and increased to five years.

Peter Cuthbertson, director of the Centre for Crime Prevention, said: "Animal lovers will be horrified to learn that animal cruelty is one of the many offences treated extremely leniently by our courts.

"The Government is currently exploring tougher sentences for animal cruelty. This is absolutely necessary. We need more serious, prolific criminals in prison. This would protect people and animals alike, because it's so often the same criminals who are a threat to both people and animals."

The RSPCA said it would also like to see the maximum sentence increased to five years.

nterim chief executive, Michael Ward, said: "While the RSPCA is seeing unbelievably shocking and distressing cases go before the courts, only a tiny proportion of animal abusers actually receive an immediate custodial sentence.

Read more: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/News/15463305.Call_for_tougher_penalties_for_animal_cruelty/

Yes there should be strict punishment and mandatory jail/prison time depending on the case. If I witnessed someone torturing an animal I would kick their teeth in. I've had fantasies of beating the pulp out of people hurting animals.

people who hurt children and animals are the lowest form of scum around

I hunt all animals worth a Glock. Still waiting for someone to fucking do shit about it. Bring it.

It depends on the animal. Being cruel to snakes should be legal (snakes technically aren't even animals in the first place)

It depends on the animal. Being cruel to snakes should be legal (snakes technically aren't even animals in the first place)
681b1be2fea030c2c9d0cc0a3d9465f6.gif

@Corona

I think sentences should be tougher for sure, even for neglect that results in harm to the animal. And especially pets. Your pets trust you. And if you abuse them, animals that are completely dependent on you, that is one of the worst betrayals of trust anyone could commit and I think you should be severely punished. I would personally like to be in charge of beating the people who hurt animals (not hunting or killing for food).

Yes there should be strict punishment and mandatory jail/prison time depending on the case. If I witnessed someone torturing an animal I would kick their teeth in. I've had fantasies of beating the pulp out of people hurting animals.

And how about people who pay others to imprison, abuse and kill animals for them simply because they enjoy the taste of their dead flesh?

Farrowing_crates_image.jpg

967821-1451327314-wide.jpg

captive-bolt-stunning-lg.jpg

I used to look at animals as property/food and it not being my business what people did with theirs. Now I say it's time to protect them from mistreatment. If that means lengthy stints in the penitentiary then so be it.

people who hurt children and animals are the lowest form of scum around

Those are 2 very very different things.

About the animals:

Are you talking about someone hurting animals for fun, or are you some SJW worried about how "milking a cow with a machine is not gentle" or some load of crap?

And how about people who pay others to imprison, abuse and kill animals for them simply because they enjoy the taste of their dead flesh?

I was mainly referring to the people who kick dogs and drown cats, that sort of crap. The food industry conditions could be it's own thread.

Well it'd be nice but jails across the country are already over packed, there's literally no space to put animal abusers in jail.

We would need a more creative punishment of some kind, but truthfully it's not one of those crimes that people will "learn their lesson" from. A sick fuck will always be a sick fuck, so it's a matter of punitive measures only.

Which will only get worse as the economic inequality increases. More poor = more crime, including animal cruelty since a lot of animal cruelty is money based. People make a quick buck selling animals or illegal fight rings.

In truth we are a disgusting species. And as long as the law views animals as property, the issue really won't change much.

Beat me to it. I have a hard time taking people seriously when they shed crocodile tears over animal cruelty while simultaneously supporting what basically amounts to generational animal slavery for the purpose of killing them for their personal pleasure since eating said animals is quite unnecessary. But here comes the parade of hypocrites weeping for the poor animals - over their plate of bacon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm for people hunting for food and killing nuisance animals that are dangerous to people, property and the ecosystem. But if you cause unnecessary suffering to any animal life your really a piece of shit. It takes a real sadistic fuck to want to torture something. I have no sympathy towards someone convicted of animal cruelty. I don't know if they should always get prison, but intensive therapy would be a great start for borderline cases.

Beat me to it. I have a hard time taking people seriously when they shed crocodile tears over animal cruelty while simultaneously supporting what basically amounts to generational animal slavery for the purpose of killing them for their personal pleasure since eating said animals is quite unnecessary. But here comes the parade of hypocrites weeping for the poor animals - over their plate of bacon.

They hypocrisy of these pansy-assed meat eaters always leaves me feeling:

You seem like a sociopath posting that gif. Like you enjoy seeing an animal get its head blown off and think it's funny. Moron.

Not gonna get into the hunting debate but you just seem like an asshole.

You seem like a sociopath posting that gif. Like you enjoy seeing an animal get its head blown off and think it's funny. Moron.

Not gonna get into the hunting debate but you just seem like an asshole.

May be true. I do enjoy that .gif and thinking of a bunch of pantywaists peeing themselves just a little and getting all teary eyed as they munch on a piece of jerky.

Back