Cain Velasquez on Jon Jon failed drug test.

. steroids just help with psychological shit... it doesnt make you any better than you could be naturally...

Do you have any source to back this up? Say, a study in which athletes on steroids improved just as much as those given a placebo?

Do you have any source to back this up? Say, a study in which athletes on steroids improved just as much as those given a placebo?
it helps you not be lazy, i never done steroids i know lots of people who have taken them

now when it comes to body building, sure it helps with muscle growth but muscle growth is not beneficial in fighting, rather it reduces mobility which then limits your technique so no steroids dont help you fight, they help you not be lazy and go train and get into fighting shape much quicker

there is being out of shape, in shape and then there is fighting shape

people who go to the gym might be in shape but they are not fit to fight... it requires you to train a lot and not be lazy... it is hard for many people.

ive never taken steroids and i have been training BJJ for over 10 years and during periods of my training i could train 7 days a week and roll for a half hour straight against good guys and not get tired... not now though haha, i have been lazy. I could get back to being in shape like that naturally like i have before but it is all in my head... i just am lazy now... steroids just help with psychological shit... it doesnt make you any better than you could be naturally... it's just a shortcut to getting in fight shape... guys like rampage need that stuff since most humans are lazy

You do realize they have given testosterone supplementation to men and they gain significant lean mass without training right? How is that not an advantage?

now when it comes to body building, sure it helps with muscle growth but muscle growth is not beneficial in fighting, rather it reduces mobility which then limits your technique so no steroids dont help you fight, they help you not be lazy and go train and get into fighting shape much quicker

Just so we are clear. If muscle mass does not help you fight then and is indeed a hindrance a welterweight who is the same height as a heavyweight should have a significant advantage if they fought.....

That makes no sense.

Just so we are clear. If muscle mass does not help you fight then and is indeed a hindrance a welterweight who is the same height as a heavyweight should have a significant advantage if they fought.....

That makes no sense.
no, because one would weigh a lot less

{<huh}

yeah so just get rid of the rule and let them use whatever performance enhancers they want, maybe just require it to be approved by FDA

That's an interesting proposal but whatever its merits, it doesn't support your claim that Jones is better than all his natural opponents.

By that logic fighters would be better off losing muscle and packing on fat then.
i just mean when you are fighting in the same weight class, you either are the right size and got the right amount of muscle and in great shape or you are super tall and skinny or you are just fat and fighting in a higher weight class. So ceteris paribus, more muscle means you are short for your division which means you are like a Sean Sherk and you have weaknesses like striking do to limited range and mobility.

Having muscles like, i dont know Vitor when he was looking good vs someone like MArius Pudzianowski who can barely throw a punch cause his own lats get in the way.

Too much muscle is not efficient assuming you are in the same weight class as your opponent.

i just mean when you are fighting in the same weight class, you either are the right size and got the right amount of muscle and in great shape or you are super tall and skinny or you are just fat and fighting in a higher weight class. So ceteris paribus, more muscle means you are short for your division which means you are like a Sean Sherk and you have weaknesses like striking do to limited range and mobility.

Having muscles like, i dont know Vitor when he was looking good vs someone like MArius Pudzianowski who can barely throw a punch cause his own lats get in the way.

Too much muscle is not efficient assuming you are in the same weight class as your opponent.

Thats a different point.

You really think current natty Vitor would stand a chance against TRT Vitor? They are whole different animals because of the steroids. TRT Vitor would absolutely wreck his natural version.

What I think when I watch that interview:

"I did NOT do steroids in my life"

Back