Buy American, Hire American

No, the H1B program is abused and not used the way it was intended. It takes a $120,000 job and all of a sudden the company is hiring an H1B Indian for $60,000.

hi Lord of Lies,

the reform to the H1B program that congressman Issa is working on will bump that salary threshold up to 100k.

how do you feel about the H2B program? it's the one that Mr. Trump makes great use of and supports.

- IGIT

Because that's the market value of the job. Bringing someone into the country under false circumstances is not what the H1B program was supposed to be for.

Why is it a $120,000 job in an Indian can do it?

The minimum salary for the H1B should be increased, that would stop a lot of the abuse of the program.

I don't know much about the H2B, I believe that's for seasonal work but I'd have to look it up.

hi Lord of Lies,

the reform to the H1B program that congressman Issa is working on will bump that salary threshold up to 100k.

how do you feel about the H2B program? it's the one that Mr. Trump makes great use of and supports.

- IGIT

Why is it a $120,000 job in an Indian can do it?
Because that's fair market value but in the example the Indian is willing to work for 50% the cash.

It's the same way kids (like me when I was in high school) get fucked out of working for agriculture (like berry farms) as the company/farm would be required to pay us like $9 an hour (that's what minimum wage was I think when I was in high school, or around there) whereas they could pay an illegal/migrant worker like half the price and not worry about OSHA complaints if someone gets hurt on the job.

Can hire like double the amount of people for the same price.

Because that's fair market value but in the example the Indian is willing to work for 50% the cash.

It's the same way kids (like me when I was in high school) get fucked out of working for agriculture (like berry farms) as the company/farm would be required to pay us like $9 an hour (that's what minimum wage was I think when I was in high school, or around there) whereas they could pay an illegal/migrant worker like half the price and not worry about OSHA complaints if someone gets hurt on the job.

Can hire like double the amount of people for the same price.

Why is that fair market value and who sets it?

You are also comparing a legal immigrant to an illegal one, so bad analogy.

Because that's the market value of the job. Bringing someone into the country under false circumstances is not what the H1B program was supposed to be for.

But they are not bringing someone under false circumstances, they still require a degree and they still require to pay him 60,000.

Someone had it right in the first page, if there is a shortage of labor its usually because of educational system flaws.

Nobody is entitled to get paid anything.

Why is that fair market value and who sets it?

You are also comparing a legal immigrant to an illegal one, so bad analogy.

maybe we should have a program to import doctors for 50K a year, or lawyers at the same price? The point is that any foreign worker would love to come to america for work due to exchange rates, they can still profit very well, and at the same time stiff employers.

hi Lord of Lies,

- IGIT
who the hell cares about these low wage jobs, as if they were messing with market prices. It's a joke to compare the two, and who has even called to reform the H2B program?

who the hell cares about these low wage jobs, as if they were messing with market prices. It's a joke to compare the two, and who has even called to reform the H2B program?

hello chardog,

lol!

are you being serious?

the people who "care" are the 45 million americans who are at the poverty line. the other people who "care" are the taxpayers who have to help support those 45 million americans.

H2B programs allow low wage jobs to become even lower low wage jobs.

- IGIT

Buy American. Lulz. Not if you want a good car you don't.
Actually, several American car companies rank at the top of the JD Power's reliability rankings over the past ten years or so.

maybe we should have a program to import doctors for 50K a year, or lawyers at the same price? The point is that any foreign worker would love to come to america for work due to exchange rates, they can still profit very well, and at the same time stiff employers.

If these doctors can perform at the same level at doctors charging hundreds of thousands, then why not? how that different than free trade? Also the foreign exchange is meaningless if these individuals must live States-side.

I think the main issue is that America for profit educational system isnt producing enough qualified individuals.

hello chardog,

lol!

are you being serious?

the people who "care" are the 45 million americans who are at the poverty line. the other people who "care" are the taxpayers who have to help support those 45 million americans.

H2B programs allow low wage jobs to become even lower low wage jobs.

- IGIT
yes, so all the sudden, libs start caring about low wage jobs.... lmfao. They allowed illegals to come in and run a monopoly on low income jobs that have no chance to support families anyhow. These folks are on welfare regardless, cry me some crocodile tears you fraud.

If these doctors can perform at the same level at doctors charging hundreds of thousands, then why not? how that different than free trade? Also the foreign exchange is meaningless if these individuals must live States-side.

I think the main issue is that America for profit educational system isnt producing enough qualified individuals.
uhh, no thanks for the race to the bottom.

yes, so all the sudden, libs start caring about low wage jobs.... lmfao. They allowed illegals to come in and run a monopoly on low income jobs that have no chance to support families anyhow. These folks are on welfare regardless, cry me some crocodile tears you fraud.

hello chardog,

i'm just pointing out the reality. H2B visas depress the wages of millions of low wage workers.

do you deny this?

- IGIT

The US government already does this. Hell, we aren't even allowed to buy regular supplies for daily operations from the "big box stores" where I work. It's fucking annoying, but hey, even though we've got to burn 60 extra miles worth of gas we've made sure our plastic folding chairs and pens aren't bought from Walmart.

Most illegals came in during Republican presidencies.

Bill Clinton was brutal on immigration and during Obama tenure the global crisis reduced the need for illegal labor.

So blame Reagan and the Bushes.

Most illegals came in during Republican presidencies.

Bill Clinton was brutal on immigration and during Obama tenure the global crisis reduced the need for illegal labor.

So blame Reagan and the Bushes.

hiya there oh mighty Rod1,

there's more, too.

in 1966, american farmworkers picketed to protest the miserable rates they were being paid in Texas...and what did the Texans do?

In 1966, growers in cahoots with the Texas Rangers brought in pickers from Mexico to break the farmworker strike. Mexicans harvested the melons and put picketing Texas workers out of a job.

lol.

- IGIT

Back